Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
OP Offline
O
Dear friends,
I have not been here for quite a while, but I would like to let you know that I missed you all and here is my update.

Things between me and my wife are somewhat improving, but not to the level where I would want to be. We are communicating better than before, even though from time to time, she still criticized me on certain things, but I already got used to them.

About a month ago, my wife DID plan to have one of our children going shopping with their aunt and the other one going to friend’s birthday so that we could be alone for just the two of us, but the going shopping didn’t happen. I guess it was just a coincident when I mentioned to her that sometimes we needed to spend time together alone. Then she said to me about her plan to be intimate with me, but it didn’t happen.

Based on that, I did feel good about it, because “the thought counts”. Do you think so, my friends?

But then again, last week I had an appointment for late morning so I didn’t have to be at work until noon, I asked her if we could be alone in bed. She said “yes”, but told me to hurry up and get over with it. I should have turned away, but I guess my hormone was high up there after 2.5 years without SEX. So, we had sex. Nothing special and it seemed to be the same before her affair more than 2.5 years ago.

Now I have a mixed feeling about this. Maybe it’s because it was our first time in 2.5 years. I have a feeling that I shouldn’t initiate sex again and let her initiate it next time (if there is next time). What do you think for those of you who have been through similar situation?

Again, thank you for reading this.

N
N
similar situation here - I got to the point where I just *hate* the "OK if you want it, but hurry up" routine. sometimes my hormones prove to be stronger than my brain and heart, but I made it a rule now to thankfully decline. I mean, it's not really what 'making love' is about, is it.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,139 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation