Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Hey PM, I thought you were in Houston too. Where did I get that idea? confused smile

I clicked on your sig line and spent a while reading it -- wow! Thanks for sharing that story with us!

slh

[font:Arial Black]
JUMP!
-- and you will find out how to
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

[color:red]
S
S
I have no intention of going anywhere. Y'all are going to have to send Geraldo Rivera to get me out of here!

That alone would send me running for my life, long before a hurricane was imminent, ROFLOL!

JUMP!
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

T
T

There is nothing to worry for most. It's only Cat. 1, if at all.

I am sure due to the rain and wind, it might cause accidents, but other than that, it won't be a state or even a local disaster. Just some wind and lots of rain in some areas.

P
OP Offline
P
Update!!

Hurricane has been upgraded to a 2. Just heard from my husband. They have moved to a "more stable" home for now. He said if they could, they'd be heading out now. They can't because the power is out most everywhere and they can't find gas.

He's in good spirits and said not to worry, there's a bunch of pastors there together and they'll be fine.

It's expected to hit Brownsville directly by midday.

(biting my nails)

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
B
Still praying for him and the others.

I have been thru several cat 2 storms or worse. It's odd the houses we evactuated to got more damage than our mobile home. I am not looking forward to this season. A friend of mine who watched our animals during storms moved out of state last month. We are still unsure where the animals will go.

Brokenhusband
Married 12 years
Me 35
DW 33
DD 12
DD 10
DS 8
Q
Q
I'm right here praying for all those folks too.

I'm glad he is doing better PM. That should help you a little. He'll be home before you know it and you will be able to hold him tightly in your arms.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
WOW! Didn't realize we still had a lot of Houstonians on here...several years back, we would all get together for lunch.

I know where MelodyLane and Dancing Machine Charlotte are...Still Loving and Mel_vin, where are you all? I am on the northside near Willowbrook....been spending a lot of time on the southeast side lately, though cool

A
A
Im glad hes safe. And so far everyone is standing good smile

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
S
S

PM -- I'm so glad that they are safe. You must be so relieved!

Have you any updates from this morning?

Hi BB! I remember you! I only recently got back on the boards. I'm in the S-SE corner, more or less; a quick trip to the beach!

Dang it is HOT down here this year!!

JUMP!
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

S
S
I am not looking forward to this season. A friend of mine who watched our animals during storms moved out of state last month. We are still unsure where the animals will go.

BH, were are you located? I'm sorry if you mentioned this earlier and I missed it.

I'm not looking forward to this Hurricane Season either. Too many indicators point to perfect conditions for Hurricanes. And I *SO* know what you mean about evaccing the animals. I have an "elderly" horse that has to be evacced every time we do. I'd rather move him up to North Houston than keep him in a trailer for the 27 hours it took us to go from Houston to Dallas for the Rita Evac (a normally 5-hour trip). On that particular trip, our thermostat registered 113-degrees! So many animals died during that exodus -- horses in trailers, dogs, cats, etc. Not to mention the tragic and preventable loss of human life.

I've thought about it a lot recently, and I'm far enough inland (20-ish miles) that it would take a serious threat to induce me to go through THAT again!

slh

JUMP!
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

A
A
I hope all that live in Houston are well and not to much damage done to there homes.

I live to far north for anything. We have had some heavy rain from Dolly today. And a small tornado hit down for a moment. Other then that right now the sun is trying to come out.

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks Still, he called this morning and they are leaving at noon to come home. Yay! He said there's a lot of water and stuff blown down but it's not as bad as they thought it would be.

Thanks everyone for your support, and now I say, "Goodbye Dolly".

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
B
[quote=StillLovingHim] BH, were are you located? I'm sorry if you mentioned this earlier and I missed it.

[quote]

I am in FL. We live far enough inland that storm surge is not a concern. The only reason for us to evac is because we live in a mobile home.

It's sad to see the homeless animals roaming around after a storm. So many people just let them out to fend for themselves and hope they come back after the storm.

During most storms I am working right up to the curfew. So we can't go far from home. I have yet to sit in traffic waiting to leave town.

Brokenhusband
Married 12 years
Me 35
DW 33
DD 12
DD 10
DS 8
B
B
That's good to hear. Now switching to prayer for safe travel over what is sure to be crowded roads.

Brokenhusband
Married 12 years
Me 35
DW 33
DD 12
DD 10
DS 8
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation