Unfettered is right. Not talk to him for six months? She drags your daughter in on this and makes her part of her moms affair. That is horrible. Your daughter will get over her leaving. You tell her she can't talk to him for 6 months. Now she's thinking

"If I can just keep our affair from him for six months. I can start up again and blame him for it. After all, he said I could talk to him after six months. That means I can do him after 6 months too. I want my security at home, and I want to have sex with my ex too. I want both, I deserve both. My daughter will help keep her father cool, while I have more time with my ex."

How is what I described in any way not exactly what is expected from her?

DO NOT INVOLVE YOUR DAUGHTER. IF YOUR TREACHEROUS WIFE INVOLVES HER AGAIN. TELL YOUR DAUGHTER THAT IT IS BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR MOM (HORRID PERSON FOR USING YOUR DAUGHTER AGAINST YOU). TELL HER THAT ITS YOU OR HER. TELL HER THE QUESTION ISN'T WHETHER I LOVE YOUR MOM, SHE WILL NOT QUIT HER AFFAIR. SHE IS USING YOU TO GET ME TO LET HER DO THIS. THAT IS NOT FAIR TO YOU OR ME. SHE MUST LEAVE, OR I MUST LEAVE.

HURTING, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS SO MUCH MORE AT STAKE HERE? YOUR DAUGHTER IS LEARNING FROM HER MOM AND YOU, WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE IN MARRIAGE. WOULD YOU WANT YOUR DAUGHTER DOING THIS TO HER HUSBAND. YOUR MARRIAGE IS THE MODEL FOR HER MARRIAGE. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?