Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
T

During a heated debate:

It's all about you, it's always all about you, you need to be the centre of attention

Yep thats right honey, but tell me wasn't it you needed to be the centre of attention from two women for 5 years?

Love the projection of his stuff onto me!!

Me 50
WH 52
WH in A 6 yrs in total, last 5 yrs JGF (Not!)
DD final 1.12.10
NC letter sent 3.12.10

Working at being the best I can be, the rest is up to you.

He is still a plonker, but he is my plonker!
M
M
BUMP (trying to find WW fog babble threads for new posters)

Pep-
This is so accurate it is just insane.

Actually, made me mad as he** reading it and then thinking I bought some of this crap from my FWW at the time.

uhh! this fired me up!

note to self 'live in the present and future...let the past GO..that was then, this is now' repeat, repeat.

K
K
It is kinda funny, though--to think that any wayward would actually BELIEVE this crapola!

I kept this on my watchlist for that and the reason that, well...Pep is good at translating wayward fogbabble.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
hopefully i didnt trigger anyones anger bumping this thread. Just wanted to get a WW fog babble thread on top for the new posters so they can see the garbage being Spewed out of their mouths and compare.

Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy
hopefully i didnt trigger anyones anger bumping this thread. Just wanted to get a WW fog babble thread on top for the new posters so they can see the garbage being Spewed out of their mouths and compare.

Triggered me. Flashbacks.

M
M
Sorry frown

P
P
It is threads like these that, although may have triggered me, also helped me to understand the dynamics of affairs and put things into perspective. I think it played a big part in my own recovery.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

Originally Posted by MrNiceGuy
Sorry frown

No worries. Actually, it made me realize how much more wise I am now.

Credit to Marriage Builders. It has saved my marriage.

C
C
As serious as the fog-babble is according to the danger it represents when The Aliens speaks, there can be some humor in it.

The best thing is when someone recovers, and they too can laugh at themselves, as they truly have put it behind them.

The feeling of being fooled, lied to, and taken advantage of by someone you opened your heart and soul to, is a painful trigger, that gets better over time.

Posted somewhere was this..

"If you are sad because someone has hurt you, lied to you, and mistreated you, There is still something to be thankful for to God. That you are not them"

Nothing gets by God, and when it comes down to His people, ignorance is no excuse.

I have this thread as watched also. It is so enlightening.

R
R
Fog babble has helped me. Really. When I am talking to other people, and they say things that their spouses have said- if I ask a few babble questions- and then they say " Yes!!! he said that! How did you know that?!?", it makes me feel like a magician.

Kidding. It makes me feel helpful, because then I can help them know what to look for, and help them identify what's really wrong, and hopefully far earlier than me.

Even my formerly wayward husband heard one of my friends describing something- and told her straight up to watch her spouse. He knew. And it was confirmed.

Knowledge is power.

Thanks for all the support along the way.
I wish you all well. I'm outta here.
Peace.
C
C
Originally Posted by RidicSit
Fog babble has helped me. Really. When I am talking to other people, and they say things that their spouses have said- if I ask a few babble questions- and then they say " Yes!!! he said that! How did you know that?!?", it makes me feel like a magician.

Kidding. It makes me feel helpful, because then I can help them know what to look for, and help them identify what's really wrong, and hopefully far earlier than me.

Even my formerly wayward husband heard one of my friends describing something- and told her straight up to watch her spouse. He knew. And it was confirmed.

Knowledge is power.

Yup Yup..

P
OP Offline
P
Bumping for the edification/amusement of the newcomers.

M
M
BUMP!!!

I
I
This is my all time favourite fogbabble translation.

It doesn't get better than this.

Just days out from Dday, this made me roll on the floor laughing.

And its so TRUE!!! The self pity, selfishness and foolishness wrapped in a thin veneer of pretend morals and half baked thought processes. Once translated for you, you'll be forever fluent in justifications.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

C
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Bumping for the edification/amusement of the newcomers.
From the mouth of those in the amazing journey

C
C
Originally Posted by indiegirl
This is my all time favourite fogbabble translation.

It doesn't get better than this.

Just days out from Dday, this made me roll on the floor laughing.

And its so TRUE!!! The self pity, selfishness and foolishness wrapped in a thin veneer of pretend morals and half baked thought processes. ...

Yeah..

B
B
Wow, this is extremely accurate.

My WH has also said many times that it is all about him. He sacrificed so many years...blah, blah, blah... his time now.

Also he liked to say I was judging him. POSOW also said that too... it was like a chorus.

He is still in the fog.

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
T
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband
The actively wayward mind, fully exposed, is egomaniacal bordering pathologic.

Sometimes it is temporary insanity. Sometimes it is not.

In a word, waywards are narcissists...

Hotchkiss identified what she called the seven deadly sins of narcissism:

1. Shamelessness: Shame is the feeling that lurks beneath all unhealthy narcissism, and the inability to process shame in healthy ways.

2. Magical thinking: Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to dump shame onto others.

3. Arrogance: A narcissist who is feeling deflated may reinflate by diminishing, debasing, or degrading somebody else.

4. Envy: A narcissist may secure a sense of superiority in the face of another person's ability by using contempt to minimize the other person.

5. Entitlement: Narcissists hold unreasonable expectations of particularly favorable treatment and automatic compliance because they consider themselves special. Failure to comply is considered an attack on their superiority, and the perpetrator is considered an "awkward" or "difficult" person. Defiance of their will is a narcissistic injury that can trigger narcissistic rage.

6. Exploitation: Can take many forms but always involves the exploitation of others without regard for their feelings or interests. Often the other is in a subservient position where resistance would be difficult or even impossible. Sometimes the subservience is not so much real as assumed.

7. Bad boundaries: Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries and that others are separate and are not extensions of themselves. Others either exist to meet their needs or may as well not exist at all. Those who provide narcissistic supply to the narcissist are treated as if they are part of the narcissist and are expected to live up to those expectations. In the mind of a narcissist there is no boundary between self and other.

BH(Me)=40
WXW=38
ILYBNILWY: 8/09
DDAY: 8/31/09
Two boys: 8,7
Divorced 3/23/2011

Don't let your eyes refuse to see. Don't let your ears refuse to hear. Or you ain't never gonna shake this sense of sadness. --Ray Lamontagne
B
B
By this definition my WH is a narcissist for sure.

Me BW: 30
WH: 33
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,190 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation