Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 35 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 34 35
W
OP Offline
W
Hey Melody - SMB, HPB and myself just sent a ton of exposure messages out but on some we were not asked for a $1 (like there was no option at all). We confirmed that they get sent as a "Message Request" and the other person is notified - but has to accept it...

Ever run into anything like this? We used a computer not a phone.

N
N
I am always on my computer when using Facebook and have sent many, many messages to family, friends, former co-workers, etc. I have never been asked to pay $1.00. My messages have been received because they do respond.

You're doing a great job, WC!!!

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
M
M
Originally Posted by WrestlerChemist
Hey Melody - SMB, HPB and myself just sent a ton of exposure messages out but on some we were not asked for a $1 (like there was no option at all). We confirmed that they get sent as a "Message Request" and the other person is notified - but has to accept it...

It looks like they have a new policy because I just tested it out myself. If the person is not your friend, they send the "message request" which is awesome because the person can see it right away!

Bravo to you and SMB and HPB for the cool exposure! Great timing! smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
A
If she calls, go get her. Do what you can to make Love Bank deposits.

W
OP Offline
W
Got this email this morning thought you'd like to head it -

Dude, get your [censored] together. Sending me an email about something like that has psycho written all over it. Stand up and be a man about it all for god sakes.

And please refrain from contacting me anymore about your drama

M
M
Sounds like a delightful person! grin The nice thing about it is he will contact the OM, putting him on the defensive. OM will be 'splaining himself all day to folks!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Sounds like a delightful person! grin The nice thing about it is he will contact the OM, putting him on the defensive. OM will be 'splaining himself all day to folks!

That coworker is knows my wife also. So its possible they already got to him.

I can only confirm two people have read the messages but its early.

As HPB would tell me right now - "Relax"

A bonus is that she disconnected my phone line - so I won't have any phone until tomorrow...

M
M
[
That coworker is knows my wife also. So its possible they already got to him.

That presents another problem for them. If they deny, deny, deny, then when they come out in the open in the future, everyone will know it was true. So they can deny all they want, but they will have to always deny it or everyone will know the truth!

Exposure 101

M
M
Stand up and be a man about it all for god sakes.
A statement like that makes me wonder - precisely what does this person think "stand up and be a man" means? Sounds more like what they are saying is "roll over and be a coward".

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
mrEureka #2870886 11/26/15 11:38 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Beats me. But its the same as I have gotten from most of this company's employees.

I hope atleast 20% of the messages I sent get read today... That would still be a substantial amount.

A
A
Beats me. But its the same as I have gotten from most of this company's employees.

I hope atleast 20% of the messages I sent get read today... That would still be a substantial amount.

Accountability is a very old school sort of thing, many people do not get it. I got a lot of responses like this from WXW's family and family's friends early on. Enablers do not like accountability and that's who you're dealing with here.

Keep pushing on, the type of people who can be allies to your marriage and apply the right kind of pressure to your wife/OM will get this and know what to do. There's still plenty of old-school kind of people out there.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by axslinger85
Keep pushing on, the type of people who can be allies to your marriage and apply the right kind of pressure to your wife/OM will get this and know what to do. There's still plenty of old-school kind of people out there.

I have to send the OMs parents via snail mail but I'm writing those letters tonight and the should get there monday - Tuesday... Its the best I can get to them.

N
N
WC,

You're doing a great job. Don't let those negative responses to your emails bother you. Some people have to actually experience infidelity themselves before they can appreciate the devastating repercussions.

Try to have a nice holiday. There are better days ahead!!

Dday- Feb 1998
Recovered!!
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by Nerlycrzy
WC,

You're doing a great job. Don't let those negative responses to your emails bother you. Some people have to actually experience infidelity themselves before they can appreciate the devastating repercussions.

Try to have a nice holiday. There are better days ahead!!

I was telling SMB I wish I got like 15 more of those emails... I don't even care about the negativity. too be honest - I want to come across as a psycho.

So I hope he says that to his buddy POSOM at work next time they see each other.

W
OP Offline
W
I just don't know what to do.

I am just sitting here at the house missing her again. I feel like a psychopath... Thinking about her and all the things I love about her.

I don't have anyone to talk to because she disconnected my phone. And I can't get it turned back on because she won't release the number off her account... Ugh.

I am so tired - like physically I want to just sleep. But that's not attractive to her...

Sometimes I just only feel like I have this thread. And you guys literally are saving my life. At least once already...

B
B
Can you afford a pay as you go phone until you get the phone figured out?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
I don't have anyone to talk to because she disconnected my phone. And I can't get it turned back on because she won't release the number off her account... Ugh.

What a moo.

If you have internet at home, you can use your computer to make voice calls over Skype. I prefer (and use) a VoIP service that hangs off your route and cost less than $10 a month for an all you can eat. They give you a local number, you can use a fixed line phone with them and you get free voicemail and caller ID. Should be able to set yourself up with something almost instantly.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
S
S
I am so tired - like physically I want to just sleep. But that's not attractive to her...

Sometimes I just only feel like I have this thread. And you guys literally are saving my life. At least once already...

It might be an adernaline crash due to your exposure yesterday. I experienced this after very stressful events like court dates - I would have absolutely no energy the next day. It's ok to let yourself relax.

It's important to remind yourself that your W is WW, she is not the woman you married. She needs to give permission to allow the phones to be separated. That's just not going to work and you can't roll over when she bullies you like that. Have you asked your atty? I am sure a call to her atty should solve this pretty quickly. You can't not have your phone at these times when you need support from your family and friends.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
SusieQ #2870915 11/27/15 05:34 PM
S
S

Can you send her an email telling her that if she won't separate the lines that she will be responsible for your old line and that you are opening a new account?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
SusieQ #2870916 11/27/15 05:40 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by SusieQ
It might be an adernaline crash due to your exposure yesterday. I experienced this after very stressful events like court dates - I would have absolutely no energy the next day. It's ok to let yourself relax.

It's important to remind yourself that your W is WW, she is not the woman you married. She needs to give permission to allow the phones to be separated. That's just not going to work and you can't roll over when she bullies you like that. Have you asked your atty? I am sure a call to her atty should solve this pretty quickly. You can't not have your phone at these times when you need support from your family and friends.

I should have called my atty. Ill send him an email now but he probably is put of the office until Monday. That's a good idea thanks SuzieQ. I need to keep my number because its the one I put on the footer of all my exposure messages etc.

I wish I knew more about her world but I guess I am just going to have to live with that darkness.

All I can do is assume that statistically affairs end up dead and she will eventually be miserable... She may already be miserable and too stubborn to admit it. She may be having a good ol time and my Exposure did nothing...

Another thing that's got me rattled is now I'm starting to have some sexual frustrations... That's new to this whole experience...

Thoughts ugh...

Last edited by WrestlerChemist; 11/27/15 05:51 PM.
Page 16 of 35 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 34 35

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation