Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3012670 04/03/20 05:12 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I thought since I had to go out anyway I could just make pretend that being with you was like going to the grocery store.

So we set our date and we set our plan to break the Governor’s order.
You probably didn’t even know I had been planning this for weeks. Trying to figure out when, how, where –
What supplies would be needed –
Preparing travel letters in case we get stopped along the way.
Laughing, joking and encouraging myself;
Letting you encourage me to break the Governor’s order.

You tried to be patient with me and
I appreciated that so much, that it made me want you more.
I should have left it at that,
but I wanted to hurry up and get you back close to me.
I told myself I would just make pretend
That being with you was like going to the store.
We could stay distant, we could not talk.
We could make it fast and dirty.
Then came the 4’oclock news
And the facebook posts of the dying.
The health care workers crying and pleading the blood of Jesus
And here I am contemplating risking everything just to please us.

But how pleasing would it be. I couldn’t touch you, I couldn’t kiss you. Neither of us can guarantee that we are not sick.
It seems breathing would be a great risk.

You know I got that thing for you, so I tried. But what if I had succeeded and died. I would feel so stupid in my grave.

Not being able to be with you is hurting me equally or more than the other harsh realities of this disease.

I want nothing more for the world to be healed so our families and communities can be safe and you can be the icing on my cake. I hope good things come to those that wait. I hope I don’t lose you.

For 3.5 years we regularly don't see each other that often and are not in a "relationship" It seems we both have grown to really respect the relationship we've built. It's been a slow development, but it has grown so much. I want to see him too, but I am working from home and he is essential. I have been following the social distancing and precaution rules closely and him, maybe not so much. He was supportive, but I wanted to be supportive of him too so we decided to have a meet up and I chickened out and he is quiet. This happens sometimes.

S
S
Instead of planning stupid, risky meetings, see and talk to each other online. People all over the world are having to do that with people they love.

Catching the virus would not be romantic.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
OP Offline
M
Thank you SugarCane

B
B
Always try to keep safe your family and friends. Because the Covid-19 will spread overtime.

A
A
Hold on for a while longer. If we all keep our distance, the pandemic will vanish sooner than later and then you can fully enjoy meeting each other again without endangering anyone.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation