2Cor 4:18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.<P>I guess, for me, this verse sums up and brings to focus the reality of the world. The sin nature brings to light so much yuck. The overall question in John 9 as to whether the man who was born blind was due to his sin or his parent's sin, etc. is pertinent I think in terms of the multiple unexplained tragedies that occur daily. I do not understand them and I do not understand the purpose of them, but I do know the God who is in control and I know He has a purpose for everything and nothing occurs that He will not in some way turn to the good of those who love Him, meaning in my understanding, standing on the promises of the One who is and has been and always will be.<P>Sometimes the here and now events cloud my vision and I find myself looking around me instead of heavenward, but I am reminded of the 2 Co verse and I find myself being encouraged and strengthened. <P>You sound discouraged. Even Jesus felt weary by the daily "events" at times, even He cried with intensity and felt grief and sadness and anger. That He did so, encourages me to also do so, the grieve the losses and hurts in my life. He also encourages me to take that next step, to place my pain and trust in the One whose will prevails. <P>Feeling feelings is very difficult for me so this is not said as some kind of patsy answer to you. I struggle daily to address them in an open and forthright way and to not let them simmer and be buried by denial. It is so much easier to deny them and to bury the pain, to become numb. To experience all the feelings means I have to be responsible for my feelings and sometimes this means I have to make decisions and choices that I would prefer not to make.<P>Don't know if that answers your question or not. Feel free to share here and dig through what you are experiencing.<BR>