Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61825 07/31/01 12:41 AM
G
OP Offline
G
I've been working with Steve Harley for about three weeks now. But, my husband refuses to talk to Steve, read any books, or look at the web site. He is fine with me doing this, but he won't.<P>How do I negotiate this without sounding demanding, threatening and plain annoying?<P>Thanks for the help.

#61826 08/02/01 09:26 PM
Y
Y
Keep counseling.<BR>Don't force him, you will convince him to look into it when he starts seeing that it is helping you and he is benefiting from it too.<BR>Not to say make life perfect for him...just work on yourself and let the results speak to him.<BR>Y

#61827 08/21/01 03:04 AM
C
C
Yes I agree with Yvonne<P>And I feel that you should know that us girls and there are thousands of us also carrying the weight of trying to save and help our relationships are all behind you and support you and hold you up in prayer<P>Get a Christian minister to come and see you both because he needs input from outside and the minister will ask him and you questions as he will eventually get involved in helping you fix and save the relationship<P>Carol<BR>

#61828 08/24/01 12:31 AM
L
L
That sounds like it would be a great idea IF her husband was in enthusiastic agreement about it...I am concerned that he would feel very upset with his wife if she just sprung this on him. Otherwise it might cause more harm than good in the form of love units being withdrawn from her account in his LB<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CarolBo:<BR><B>Yes I agree with Yvonne<P>And I feel that you should know that us girls and there are thousands of us also carrying the weight of trying to save and help our relationships are all behind you and support you and hold you up in prayer<P>Get a Christian minister to come and see you both because he needs input from outside and the minister will ask him and you questions as he will eventually get involved in helping you fix and save the relationship<P>Carol</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

#61829 08/24/01 08:05 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Thank you all for your responses. Unfortunately, my husband is not at all open to negotiating on this. In fact, he won't even discuss this with any of his friends or family or anyone else.<P>So, after several weeks of counseling, SH and I agreed that the situation wasn't going to improve and that my husband was probably uncomfortable with me talking to SH even though my H. said it was fine.<P>I've tried to adjust, avoid LBs. But, it became necessary to protect myself emotionally, which also meant further disconnection. Steve even agreed to this.<P>At this point, I am so angry and bitter and frustrated and resentful, that I cannot behave much more than civilly. What I'm seriously considering is a short separation until I can get over my anger. If my H. chooses to make it a permanent separation, so be it.<P>Thanks for all your responses.

#61830 09/01/01 12:29 AM
E
E
My H and I have been separated for a little over a month. I wanted to go to counseling, he didn't. He said he wasn't going to talk to a stranger and tell them our problems. No way was he going. All of a sudden he calls and says he wants to make the first step and that's going to counseling. We have been to only one session so far but I'm not sure how well its going to work. Why? Because I'm there to reconsile and resolve my marriage. My H is there because he is confused and doesn't know if "freedom" or "me and our marriage" is more important. I have been reading many books and working on "my" problems. My H has not been doing any reading and won't. I can't force the issue, I'm just happy that he decided to go to counseling after all that time he said he wasn't going. Maybe you should start laying little hints around, maybe a self-help/marriage book like in the bathroom (you know how men like to read in the bathroom). Maybe he will pick it up and start reading. Put a book mark on the page that you think would help him or he would benefit from. <P>I wish I could be more help but right now, I'm just hanging by threads wondering if my marriage is ever going to come back together. I pray it will every day.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation