Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
M
Hey Jim,<P>Just wanted to let you know you have another one in your corner pulling for ya. <P>Tim

S
S
Hi Jim,<P>I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. As will, I'm sure everyone on this board. We'll be sharing in your pain, and hopefully with that, your load will be lightened just a little.<P>I can certainly relate to your anguish. It's so very, very difficult to walk away (in your case, not by choice) knowing that our spouses are so sick, so lost. <P>Sounds like your stbxw, among other things, suffers from a malady I've never seen published in any psychological journal-- Laundraphobic???! Hope you're not offended by a little black humor, here? Humor is a tool I've come to rely on heavily lately in order to perserve my sanity. No matter how grim the circumstance(s) seem to be, I've found that, upon close scrutiny, there is always a piece of silliness to be had.<P>I'm dealing with my own flavor of hell at the moment (getting ready to start a new thread). And, there are some thoughts that keep coursing through my brain, that I'll share with you. Not that you've never heard these before, but sometimes they're worth repeating. <P>Some things (actually many!) are beyond our control. It could very well be that HE has greater things in store for us. Our spouses have been tremendous drains on our physical, emotional, and spiritual energies. How can we do what HE has planned for us when our entire beings have been devoted to trying to fix our spouses?? And, the very same thing holds true for your children, probably moreso. Trust in HIS plan. You have done everything humanly possible to hold your marriage together. Probably the hardest lesson to learn is the one of surrender. Perhaps, together we can figure it out.<P>Love and thoughts are with you.

N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
<B>Bob</B>...<BR>I see your problems...<BR>...and no I will cross those same bridges...<P><B>Tim</B>...<BR>I'm honored to have you in my corner...<BR>...it is meaningful and it counts!<P><B>sidney</B>...<BR>...your reply has given me the best laugh of the day! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>...actually... when I first heard about the "laundry pile" at the W's/OM's place... I too had more than just a giggle! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>...oh well... if the "laundry" was only issue... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>...yes... so much beyond our control!<P>I'll give it up to God...<BR>...and follow where he leads...<BR>...wherever that is!<P>I'm praying for all of you too!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

C
C
Jim,<P>God WILL bless you and your family. I don't know what He has in mind for you, but I do know it will be better than you ever imagined!<P>You will be in my prayers, Jim, as will your wife.<P><BR>(((((((((Jim)))))))))<P>God Bless,<BR>Cheryl

S
S
Jim,<P>I've never had much reason to directly exchange posts with you, but I've admired and appreciated your helpfulness to many. I know you did all that is humanly possible for your marriage.<P>God bless you at this still-painful time. I'm sure the best is yet to come for you.<P>Steve

S
S
Hi NSR -<P>How are you holding up?<P>I was here Friday night...well more like early Saturday a.m. - and fell asleep reading that link you posted.<P>Not that it was boring......(It was a great thread and Thanks for pointing it out to me - glad I didn't miss it)..I was just tired I guess...<P>Anyway, we'll get back to the subjects posted here when you are up to it, OK?<P>My PRAYERS offered for you tomorrow, a candle lit and remember that we are right there with you for strength.<P>Love Ya and Big Hugs,<P>Sheba

C
C
(((((((((((((((((((((((((JIM))))))))))))))))))))))))<P>I was out of town and haven't been here since Wednesday morning. I know this is the big day and it won't be the most pleasant day in your life. I just want you to know that the trip to court is something you can survive.<P>You have truly fought hard and now it's time to give up this battle. I pray that you will have peace today and in the future. You have many friends here who care for you and admire the hard work you've put into this ordeal.<P>I pray that you, the children, and even your almost-x will find peace and healing - on lots of fronts.<P>((((((((((((((((((((((((((JIM))))))))))))))))))))))))))))<P>Jane-Elise

F
F
{{{{{{{{{{Jim}}}}}}}}}}<P>Like so many others, I haven't had a lot of direct discussions with you, but I've gained a lot from your posts. I especially learned from you how to be patient, to let God do His work, and to keep my eyes focused on behaving in a the way the God intended. <P>You'll be in my thoughts and prayers today, in a special way.<P><BR>CJ<P>------------------<BR>Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,183 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation