Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#684988 03/19/01 04:05 PM
N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
...but not without an upseting night last night and morning this morning....<P>About last night...<BR>...my son (stepson) ... got an earful this weekend....<BR>In an attempt to further estrange the relationship between my son and his biological father(BF)...<BR>...my now xW told him (with the details) of how her xH(BF) had raped her once during the end of their marriage (about 16 years ago).<BR>I'd have to say he was quite traumatized by this...<BR>...and it was very sad.<BR>My attorney commented on how unequivocally wrong it was for my xW to do this to my son...<BR>...and to leave the fall-out of her actions in my lap.<P><B>And then this morning</B>...<BR>I got a fax from my attorney sent from my W (sent 4 PM Friday) listing 14 points of complaints against me.<BR>Outrageous claims of me calling her a "devil" in front of the kids, me not abiding by the property settlement agreement, me sending "offensive", "harassing" and "condescending" e-mails to her, being "threatening and harassing" in regards to changes in visitation schedules and badgering/grilling the children when I call them on her weekends.<P><B>Fortunately</B>...<BR>My xW's attorney refused to bring up any of the issues in court... (he is disgusted with her(his client's) lack of co-operation and lack of payment for any of her attorney's fees)<P>So my attorney will draft a final reply...<BR>...tack on a requirement to pay the back child support...<BR>...and leave it at that!<P>The whole process took about 7 minutes...<BR>...and that is that!<P>...oh yes... my ring is off today.<P>My emotions... all OK...<BR>My mom came over... before I left for court... she prayed with me and she cried a few minutes...<BR>...saying "...I(Jim) don't deserve this..."<P>Plan A... Plan B... and of course the forum has gotten me through much of the hard stuff...<BR>...and you bet... these are what makes <B>a sucess story</B>!<P>--------------------------------------------------------<P>Now my final steps will be to complete the annulment paperwork...<BR>...it will most likely be what I post about next.<BR>...maybe in line with the closure of Plan B.<P>The beginning of that catharic(thanks <B>K</B>) effort has begun...<BR>...check out my long replies in <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum34/HTML/002400.html" TARGET=_blank>The days are dwindling...</A>...<BR>...but will bring me to the real point of <B>not being married</B>!<BR>...but knowing so much of what makes a marriage/relationship... ready for any vocation in life.<P>My journey continues...<BR>...my struggles go on...<BR>...but I <B>will</B> make an impact on my kids... my friends... and my family... as I take the higher solid ground.<P>So much <B>Love</B> to you very special people!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000254.html" TARGET=_blank>Jim</A> / <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000037.html" TARGET=_blank>NSR</A>

#684989 03/19/01 04:24 PM
B
B
Dear Jim,<P>I'm so sorry for your pain, for the pain your children are enduring which your xW has inflicted upon them, and the general chaos and pain inflicted on everyone touched by this divorce.<P>I wish you luck with the children and with your annulment and your new life. Your tragedy has given you so much insight and strength, which you have shared with all of us. <P>Why your stepson (son) should have to hear something hateful from the lips of his mother God only knows. It is her job to protect him from harm; not inflict it upon him. I hope he knows he can lean on you and that he does so.<P>Blessings on you.<P><P>------------------<BR>Belle, Domestic Goddess

#684990 03/19/01 04:29 PM
S
S
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{JIM}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>You're mother is right, Jim. You don't deserve what you got. But, you know what? You got through it with grace and courage. Your children must be very proud of you.<P>Now, time to move on and begin the rest of your life!

#684991 03/19/01 04:33 PM
C
C
(((((((((((((((Jim)))))))))))))))<P>Isn't it amazing how little time it takes in a courtroom to end a marriage? While that was the last thing I ever wanted to go through, I was so relieved to get it overwith.<P>It really sounds like the children are lucky that they have you to lean on. You must be a special man. I'm so sorry about everything you the children have been through. <P>I'm glad you're taking care of your needs. I know how important that is. And don't forget to come to us with good news and with struggles. You're a blessing to all of us here. <P>- Jane-Elise

#684992 03/19/01 04:42 PM
N
N
Ah, Jim [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>What else is there to say? You did your best to make things work... the fact that it didn't had nothing to do with you.<P>You can hold your head high!<P>You are a good man.<P>~Sheryl

#684993 03/19/01 04:56 PM
N
N
Jim,<P>I am sorry. It is amazing how little time it takes for a judge to wipe out a marriage. I can't imagine a job that I would less like to have.

#684994 03/19/01 05:22 PM
W
W
God loves you as do I. Keep on keeping on...<P>Bill<P><P>------------------<BR><P>May the roads rise to meet you,<BR>May the winds always be at your back,<BR>May the sun shine warm upon your face,<BR>The rains fall soft upon your fields,<BR>And until we meet again,<BR>May god hold you<BR>In the hollow of his hand.

#684995 03/19/01 05:34 PM
S
S
(((Jim)))<P>Unfortunately, with kids in the picture there will always be surprises yet in store. Many of 'em ugly. XW and I had no kids, and 9 months after the final hearing and judgment, there are <I>still</I> loose ends she won't help wrap up.

#684996 03/19/01 06:23 PM
M
M
Hey Jim<P>Severe bummer dude. I hate that you had to go thru this as many of our friends have had to . You are in my thoughts and prayers.<P>Tim

#684997 03/19/01 06:44 PM
D
D
((((((((JIM))))))))))<P>You have been thru a lot and its still not over, but you are a great person and you'll make it!<P>Take some time for you. I felt "OK" the day I found out, it didn't hit me til a few weeks later.<P>Hugs, Dana<BR>

#684998 03/19/01 07:39 PM
B
B
Jim,<P> {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{JIM}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P> You might not know me, but I am sure you have touched on each and every one of the lives on this board. I thank you.<P> I am so sorry you EW had to hurt your Son. It was cruel. <BR>Then to leave you with the clean up of broken hearts. You are a wonderful man. Your Mom is absolutely right on.<P> I wish you the Best of what life has to offer.<P> <P>------------------<BR>Deb

#684999 03/19/01 08:57 PM
J
J
Jim,<P>Your strength through all of this has been tremendous. You've never once became bitter. You always kept a positive outlook on life, never letting your pain and anger control you. You did not waiver in your beliefs, but never did you judge your now ex for all the pain she put you and the kids through. You just continued to pray for her through it all. I respect you to the upmost, Jim.<P>Have no regrets and look forward to the blessings that God will continue to bestow upon you. <P>One thing that I've learned is that I can not be dependent on anyone for my happiness. That happiness comes from within. I'm sure you know this already, don't allow anything or anyone to steal your joy. Rejoice through every trial and know that their is purpose for everthing that you go through. You are definitely a 'testimony' in itself. Just know your life does not end here. See this as the beginning of what God has in store for you. Never forget what you went through, but hold on to the good memories of what you onced shared. <P>Our outlook on life has so much to do with our healing. You are definitely a success story to me. You made it through with your head still high, DESPITE all!!<P>God Bless and Be Encouraged....<P>I love you...<P> <BR><P>------------------<BR><B>God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...And the wisdom to know the difference.</B><P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

#685000 03/19/01 09:49 PM
C
C
Jim,<P>What a mess!! Your W(xW) really needs help. She has her eyes so closed. I am praying for you, for your children, and for her.<P>You already know that you are loved and that God will take care of you.<P>God bless,<BR>Cheryl<P>

#685001 03/19/01 09:54 PM
C
cl Offline
C
Hello NSR<BR>(((((hugs)))))<BR>Sending prayers and positive energy your way.<BR>You are wonderful! cl

#685002 03/19/01 10:00 PM
711 Offline
I'm sorry Jim!<P>I will be praying for you as well!<P>Jen

#685003 03/19/01 11:13 PM
N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
<B>Belle,<BR>sidney,<BR>Jane-Elise,<BR>~Sheryl,<BR>Nellie,<BR>Bill,<BR>Sisyphus,<BR>Tim,<BR>Dana,<BR>Deb,<BR>jamie-lee,<BR>Cheryl,<BR>cl,<BR>Jen...</B><P>I thank you all for your kind words and comments.<P>I will indeed stay on the forum(s) and continue to welcome the newbies...<BR>...and I will be honored to be <B>one who has succeeded</B> even though the relationship ended with a divorce.<P>The newbies need to know that this <B>is</B> a possibility...<BR>...not to scare or frighten them...<BR>...not depress them...<BR>...not to chase them away...<P>But to let them know that there can be success... in following Plan A... then Plan B... and through divorce.<BR>Even if the relationship fails... life... hope... and love does not fail!<P>Don't believe that Plan A fails... it never fails!<BR>Don't believe that Plan B fails... it never fails!<BR>Do realize that people can fail... through unrepentence...<BR>...and if you throw away love (meeting emotional needs)... you fail.<BR>...if you have sloth in fighting love busters... you fail.<BR>...if honesty is enveloped in anyone's "fog"... you fail.<P>When a WS (or even the indifferent Faithful Spouse(FS))...<BR>...no longer understands the desire of a search for true love... they have failed.<P>Love... and you will succeed!<BR>Put your anger aside... and you will succeed!<BR>Seek the truth... and you will succeed!<P>Success... being found in your re-establishing a relationship with God...<BR>...and accepting His unconditional love... is a building toward God...<BR>...a form of spiritual union... surpassing the union of the flesh.<P>God has taken care of me...<BR>...when I let him carry me through these trials<BR>...when I put aside my pride... and imperfect self-righteousness<BR>...when my worldly desires melt from my hands... only to find under my hands where His hands... supporting mine.<P>I take solace in all I have been given...<BR>...and I thank you all!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim/NSR<p>[This message has been edited by NSR (edited March 19, 2001).]

#685004 03/19/01 11:14 PM
G
G
Thoughts and prayers are on their way....

#685005 03/20/01 12:11 AM
R
RWD Offline
R
Jim,<BR>It sounds like you are doing fine so far. Plan has helped that. Just be ready when those emotions do flow back. There seems to be an ebb and flow in mine..<P>Now you can use your strength and perserverience(sp?) to help your son.<P>God Bless,<P>Bob

#685006 03/20/01 10:04 AM
C
C
Jim, you're doing so well. I'm really proud of you.<P>You know, the hard part in working on your relationships with other people is working on yourself. And you seem to be doing a really good job with that. That is the greatest measure of our success. Because we are powerless in so many cases. All we can do is work on ourselves and leave the door open.<P>You have survived a really big milestone. The tough times are not over yet though. It does ebb and flow. But remember you walk daily with One who loves you infinitely and, though He does not always rescue you, He does provide a way through any situation.<P>Hugs to you, my friend!<P>- Jane-Elise<BR>

#685007 03/20/01 10:03 PM
S
S
Hi NSR -<P>How are you doing today Bro?<P>How is the eldest? Calming down a bit? Jeesh, he really did not need this....<P>How about the others? Doin' OK? Any talks needed? <P>You know, it really struck me how she always lashes out when something is coming up - whether it is something directly to do with her - like facing paying money, etc. or when she feels threatened in some way - like her ex around the eldest.<P>She just has to try to turn the attention away from where the focus should be - her "wrong" behavior, etc.<P>How sad that she doesn't recognize that it only succeeds in compounding her wrongs and causing more hurt.<P>So busy trying to "look" one way while actually behaving and "appearing" the opposite of what she intends.<P>What a fog.....God help her!!!<P>Thank God the kids have you, Jim. You really are a success!! And we will continue to be successful as long as we keep muddling through all of this murkiness of life. Just keep moving by learning, growing and loving our way right towards the light.......<P>I see it that this knowledge we have gained and the experiences have gotten us some "waders".....now we can trudge through the muck a bit better equipped.<P>Maybe someday my "old" H and your "?" W will get some waders of their own. Could happen!!!! Of course, theirs will have to be the full body kind!!! LOL!!!<P>We can pray.......<P>BIG HUGS and Much LOVE,<P>Sheba

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation