Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#808732 02/15/02 08:48 PM
B
blue00 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Well, ow's engagement was bogus. She still thinks H believes she's getting married,but he now knows she was trying to get to him. Also, she called him the other day and asked him if he'd go somewhere with her to make another guy jealous.How old are we? All in our thirties. Also I now know that H saw oc without me about a month ago after he promised he wouldn't. Ow is still calling excessively ,now for the money we can't afford to give her.H cut her child support in half 2 months ago.No it's not court ordered and he was giving her 3 times what he had to. We are still in therapy,but I think he listens while he's there and then forgets as we leave. I really have no hope for this situation. H is acting better towards me,but it's not enough.

#808733 02/16/02 03:53 PM
B
blue00 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
just bumping up hoping someone will reply!

#808734 02/16/02 04:09 PM
M
M
I don't know your story but sometimes so much damage is done you have to cut your losses. I am in the process of doing that now. Have you tried individual counseling? I have been going for the last few months and it has helped A LOT!!! I find myself getting stronger and stronger everyday.<p>McKenzie

#808735 02/18/02 09:05 AM
B
blue00 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
My therapist says I have only 2 options with H at this point. a) Continue coulpes therapy and work on making the relationship better in spite of the ow or b) leave H and tell him that until all of this communication with ow stops permatedly, it's over.<p>I already said this to him 10 weeks ago after d-day. The problem is he still denies the continued affair. H edoesn't take off for a day or even hours anymore like he used to to see the baby. He is more affectionate, BUT now he is keeping his phone conversations a secret.Going as far as deleting her calls from the office caller-id. I am just tired!

#808736 02/18/02 09:11 AM
B
blue00 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I meant permanetly! THat still doesn't look right .Oh well!

#808737 02/18/02 12:03 PM
U
U
Blue,<p>Do you think it's time to do a firm plan B? I think H will continue to do whatever he wants because you allow it. I hope this doesn't sound harsh. Right now my marraige is in strong recovery, the reason why is because I put my foot down and if H tried to cross the line I didn't budge even if it meant losing our marriage. I felt I gave in enough and if was willing to accept OC in our lives then it was going to be in a way that I was satisfied with. I'm not saying I didn't need to make changes but if I felt like I was being disrespected in any way I wasn't having it. Good luck. Keep praying for strenght to do whats right.<p>Unsure

#808738 02/18/02 03:00 PM
B
blue00 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I believe he thinks that I don't know he's seen the baby. I don't know for sure, but the continued phone contact and all of the bs games is enough. He will not put his foot down with her. And why?

#808739 02/19/02 10:16 AM
B
blue00 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
^

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation