Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
P
I work in a church Pre-School with 2 yr. olds<P>Wed. one of the little girls picked up some gum balls,( those are seeds from a tree here,<BR>they are round and stickie about the size of a large chewing gum ball.)<P>She handed them to one of the other teachers and told her to hold them for her, she was going<BR>to take them home to her Mom so she could make Gumbo. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>------------------<BR>Peg

E
Essyboo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
My 5 year old daughter looks maybe 3 1/2. She is very small and petite.<P>This is her first year of T-Ball and she is the littlest on the team.<P>She was so excited when she found out the color of their uniform was red, so she could get her fingernail polish to match.<P>Right in the middle of practice last night she stopped, picked a little purple flower, ran off the field and gave it to me.<P>I wanted to chuckle and cry at the same time

E
Essyboo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
When my oldest son was learning about the 10 commandments (about 4 or 5), he told his teacher that one of them was "Do unto others as they want them to do to them"<P>He said that is why he didn't feel that he needed to treat his little brother good, because the way his little brother treated him must mean he must like being treated very rotten.<P>He said "You see, I'm just doing what Michael wants"

S
S
You never know what a kid will say. My just-turned 5 year old boy walks right up to the hostess at the restaurant the other night and tells her, "My mommy has a baby in her tummy." Then I get all the congratulations and stuff.<P>My 2 1/2 year old daughter has been asking to go on an airplane again since we went last October. We are going today, she will love it. I kept telling her we would go when she's 3, since she would ask EVERY time she sees one. So in response to this trip she said, "I'm not free".

E
Essyboo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
When my H was in the Navy I would fly home to Texas to visit family fairly regularly and almost always by myself with however many kids I had at the time.<P>When my oldest was about 20 months old I was pregnant and very sick with my second son. We were trying to fly back to New York from Chicago where we had transferred after a long layover. There was a bad storm and we sat on the runway for almost 2 yours. <P>I was nauseous and Steven was very fretful and getting worse by the moment.<P>I had an isle seat so that I could move better. During our meal, when the stewardess had just passed our seat, my son reached over and pinched her right on the behind. She jumped, just about dropped the plate she was serving, turned around ready to "kill" just to see the big blue-eyed grinning face of my son. He just belly-laughed and so did everyone else around. It took the Stewardess a little longer to laugh about it.

E
Essyboo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I was at the mall yesterday looking for my daughter some shoes.<P>There was another lady with a little boy about 3 may close to 4. <P>She was wrestling with the little boy trying to get him to try on a pair of dress shoes and the boy was not cooperating.<P>The went round and round and she finally got the shoes on the boy then went through the same thing all over again to get him to stand up and still to check the size.<P>She asked him "Where are your toes" and he looked at her with a totally unbeliving look and said "Mom, there in the shoes".

R
RWD Offline
R
A few years ago when my son was playing soccer for the first time and I was helping "coach" the team. I was in the back with two little girls that were playing defender positions.<P>I had a little problem with their concentration on the game. They were both busy showing each other their new underwear.

R
RWD Offline
R
I was at a Super Bowl party with some friends back in Jan when my friend's 3 yo daughter asked me if I was ever going to get married again. I told her probably and she replied she knew who I could marry. I assumed it would be her and when I said her, she said no. She said I could marry her mommy ! Her mommy is already married to my friend.

M
M
When my oldest son was 2 (he's 10 now), we started potty training him. We live in the country and so basically he peed wherever, when the urge hit him (outside of course).<P>One day he took off running out the door and started peeing beside our carport. Just then the man reading meters pulled in our driveway. Kyle just looked up, smiled and waved and kept on peeing. No modesty whatsoever!

E
Essyboo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I have very fine blondish hair. It is wavey and goes every direction on a humid day.<P>My daugher has the same color hair as I do, but it is completely straight, won't curl no matter what and silky, shiney.<P>One day (when she was between 3 and 4) she was on my lap and reached up and felt my hair, then felt hers then mine again. <BR>She got a puzzled look on her face and said, I have hair, why do you have feathers?

L
L
My 11 year old is very dramatic, she loves costumes, makeup, props, etc. Yesterday I found a pair of white dress gloves and gave them to her. This morning I had Diana Ross in the house singing & performing with actions "Stop, in the name of love." Last week she was James Brown, "I Feel Good." Its a good way to start the morning.

Y
Y
Last night, at about half past bedtime, my seven year old boy helped me put the dishes away. He handed them to me from the drying rack and I put them into the high cupboards. Then we shared a peanut buttersandwich and glasses of milk. It was wonderful. (Normally he is lazier even than me...)<P>Deut

D
D
A few years ago when the movie, Home Alone came out on video, I was so glad I bought it because it kept my 4 1/2 yr old son entertained every day for weeks. He just loved that movie. <P>And so did I until....<P>My husband & I, the kids, and my Mom were in the car going through Burger King's drive thru. We gave our order and when we were pulling up to the next window to pay, my little boy anxiously asks if he can give the guy the money. So, my husband hands him the twenty dollar bill and my son crawls over sticking his little head out of the window waving the $20.00. When the guy took the money from his hand, my son pokes his head further out of the window and yells, "Keep the change ya filthy animal"!<P>I still can't remember where I hid that movie.

P
P
The story about the little girls on<BR>the soccer field showing their underwear<BR>to each other reminds me of every morning<BR>at the Pre-school where I work,<P>Potty training is a very big thing for the 2yr.olds in our class,<BR>those girls who graduate to big girl panties<BR>make a big show every morning of showing us who they have on them,<BR>and of course we oohh and aahh over them and tell them we don't want to get our(Barney)<BR>panties wet today!<P>It also reminds me of when I was training my <BR>2yr. old who is 19 now.<P>I couldn't get her to poop in the potty so I decided to reward her with marshmellows every time she went in the potty.<P>Well that summer we went to visit Grandma and one time she gave her some marshmellows,<P>she ran up to me and said, " Look Mom I got marshmellows and I didn't have to poop in the potty." [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>Peg

E
Essyboo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
When we potty trained my oldest we used Skittles.<P>My middle son was extremely stubborn. We tried food and stickers to earn his favorite toys. Nothing seemed to matter to him.<P>I had made a judgmental comment about a relative who had a 3 year-old that wasn't potty trained - This was before I had children and still thought I knew all about it.<P>Anyway, I told my middle son that he was not going to be 3 and not potty trained. His 3rd birthday came, we wrapped his presents, set them out and said, sorry, you can't have them because you can't turn 3 until your potty trained. He potty trained over night and when he had a relapse we would just remind him that he can't be 3 unless he's potty trained.<P>My youngest (daughter) wanted a Barbie, but I told her that Barbies are for big girls and you can't play with a Barbie if you wear a diaper. That is all it took for her.

E
Essyboo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
When my oldest was about 4, he came running out of the bathroom, wearing nothing but socks and said "Mom, Michael (little brother) was playing in the sink and got water all over the bathroom. I stepped in it and got my socks all wet. Hey!! so that's what it means to be 'socking wet'!!!"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation