Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#916238 05/27/01 01:47 PM
I
inamess Offline OP
OP Offline
I
You know I have never sat down and told H exactly what I think about him. The things that he has shown me in life. The things that he taught me. Where I didnt have the parents to teach me. <P>I was just very depressed today. I was thinking about how I had to have the determination to keep on keeping on. I thought to myself. Where did I learn that? Of course, it was from him. He was the most determined sole that I know of. Should I tell him that his picture is beside my bed not because of him being a wonderful H. Just because I have a note taped to it that says [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Determination- : the act of deciding definitely and firmly; also : the result of such an act of decision b : the power or habit of deciding definitely and firmly : c fixing or finding of the position, magnitude, value, or character of something. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <BR>If there ever was somebody that made "me" beleive in "me". IT WAS YOU!!!!!<P>He really has no idea how he has impacted my life. Those of you who know my whole story. Know about the abuse as a child. H was the only really positive thing that I had.<P>I went up to get the dog Thursday night. He was very distant. He was nice though. He helped me get my stuff together. I had gotten my hair cut. He did tell me that my hair looked good. <BR>I then called him at work on Friday to let him know about us having to sign the separation papers at the the lawyers office. He was fine with that. He of course is wanting them. He told me he wanted them for him. I dont know what that means. I really dont think that he has anyone. I think he is just wanting closure. I DONT WANT TOSIGN..........HOW CAN I TELL HIM? I DONT WANT TO SIGN THE PAPERS. <P>Should I tell him for once how I feel? Can I just leave a note in the box? Just to let him know the reason I am signing if for him?<P>How could he and I destroy something so powerful as our love?<BR><P>------------------<BR>We can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. Repeat that 5 times a day. I promise you success!

C
C
I think you should tell him how you feel. Write him a note and let him know before you sign your divorce papers. You will have to really think about what to say in your note. I would make it respectful and hopeful. Talk about why you love him and you are willing to continue to try if he wants to, but you will understand and let him go if doesn't want to try. <P><BR>Good Luck,<BR>Chase

I
inamess Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Do I leave it in the mailbox for him to find when he gets home tomorrow? Or should I email it to him at work?<P>At this time he has no desire for me. I am in Plan A. However, I have not told him how I feel. He knows that I wish we could date again and work it out. But as far as impact on my life. He has no idea. I will write it. Then I will post it.<P>THanks<BR>Renee'<P>------------------<BR>We can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. Repeat that 5 times a day. I promise you success!

I
inamess Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Shew................<P>What a day. I have cried and cried until I cant cry anymore. I am about to sink mentally and financially. <BR>That is all that I can say right now.<P>Please pray for me!<P>------------------<BR>We can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. Repeat that 5 times a day. I promise you success!

V
V
I am praying for you. I say write him--do not e-mail at work because 1 having to get things done and 2 the lack of privacy. Giving a letter he would read at home means he could take the time to really think about what you have wrote.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation