Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
Well, today is our 21st anniversary. Whoopty doo. I sent him a simple "thinking about you" card. And what did I get? No more email, and his usual check, this time without even a note attached. <BR><BR>And guess what guys? I'm OKAY. I went out and bought some new clothes, and I am dressing up and going out tonight with friends. Hope this feeling lasts awhile anyway. And I have a good male friend who is treating me great, but is smart enough to know I am too vulnerable right now to jump right in.<BR><BR>Next week I will remind H to call Steve Harley. But I am pretty sure this is over. The pain comes and goes, but it is lessening over time. Hey, I am beginning to see it is his loss, maybe even more than mine.<BR><BR>I will keep posting here, things can and do change. But for now I am feeling confident that I gave him every chance. He just doesnt want to do the work.

W
W
Happy Anniversary ATW!<BR>Celebrate the date of the marriage to the man who gave you your wonderful son. <BR>I'm so glad you are doing things for you. <BR>You are a wonderful person and you are very important.

L
L
Against the Wind - I am so happy to see that you are taking care of yourself and making new friends. You're right - it IS his loss. I, too, have realized the same thing about my Ex. Enjoy your weekend!!! Keep posting here. I pray for your continued strength and healing. I know you will come through this, no matter what the outcome. Bravo to you!!!!

Y
Y
My STBX wife dumped me December 5, 1998. Our anniversary was December 22. I had booked a hotel in Banff for a little "just us" ski holiday, in-laws were going to look after the children and everything. I didn't even have time to cancel the hotel and she refused to go with me. So I headed off in a '67 Cougar that barely made it up the hill (she kept the good car, of course) and skied by myself. I had the best day until then. Fortunately, the next day a crew of good friends decided to ski with me and crash in my hotel room for the night. Other than an excessive amount of beer consumption, it was a great day. Actually, the beer seemed like a good idea at the time too.<P>Sorry, that didn't really have anything to do with your story, but I felt like telling after reading yours. <P>Also, My youngest daughter turned 3 on December 3rd, and we had the family over the 6th. So there I am serving donuts to both my parents and hers, keeping a stiff upper lip. (My parents didn't know, hers did.) And the bi$%h is as happy as can be because she is getting her way. Then Christmas. Then New Years. Same story each event. What a month that was.<P>You know, I don't think I am going to miss her as much as I thought I would.<BR>

D
D
Against the Wind:<P>Happy anniversary! I am so glad you're doing so well. There is no question about it, it's his loss. You will have a great life no matter what happens, but there's no amount of money that would make me trade places with him.<P>Enjoy the evening and keep smiling.

T
T
Against,<P>I know your day is almost over, but, heck, you made it through. I knew you would! Enjoy the new clothes. Those helped me alot too.<P>It is really tough to get through a day like this. Mine was almost a month ago. Nothing from him either, not that I expected something. I couldn't send a card, because why?..........oh that's right, don't know where he is in Texas. Oh well, you have shown grace and courage in getting through.<P>Good for you!!<P>

A
OP Offline
A
I wanted to answer all of you, but the darn computer wasn't doing what it should. <BR><BR>I did have a great nite, we hit a couple of places and had way too much to drink, but we laughed our butts off and walked home.<BR><BR>This is the week I ask H to call Steve Harley. I'm no longer sure if I care, but I do want to make contact with him and tell him he has to at least try to establish a relationship with our son. So this story isn't over completely, I just think I know the ending. I'll keep posting, I know I still need your support.

J
J
ATW -- It sounds as if you are healing. Keep up the good work!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation