Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11310 09/16/99 07:38 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I QUIT....I QUIT....I QUIT........<P>I'm not playing this game anymore....I'm jumping off the roundabout.....<P>Rivers of tears from my soul tonight....<P>I QUIT....I QUIT....I QUIT.......

#11311 09/16/99 07:47 AM
O
O
I wake up every morning, thinking the same words in my head (I QUIT, I QUIT, I QUIT)<P>and then I say (NO YOU DON'T, NO YOU DON'T, NO YOU DON'T) and so far I'm still here....<P>Where do we go if we quit?<P>How do we quit?<P>Will this battle in my head stop, if I QUIT????<P>I'm not much help to you, but I wanted you to know that I UNDERSTAND......What your feeling, but I KNOW NOT WHAT TO DO!<P>

#11312 09/16/99 07:49 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I don't belong here anymore....no marriage to build....I REALLY DO QUIT!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#11313 09/16/99 07:54 AM
J
J
Sosad, I'm so sorry. Pls. stay here for support.

#11314 09/16/99 08:00 AM
C
C
Please stop! You can't quit, God isn't through with you yet, but there is an alternative- Put your troubles in his hands and allow Him His way. You must understand that you can't fight that, it's either his way or failure for all. I had a hard time with this at first. I fought so hard to have things my way. Then I said enough! I needed to put all my frustrations some where else, that's when He took over and now I am doing sooooooo much better, I pray for you all......<P>------------------<BR>Chick's<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!<BR>

#11315 09/16/99 08:09 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I'm sorry chicks, but I don't have the Faith like you do......must help you a lot. Me...I go it alone.....now I'm jumping off this crazy roundabout, because all the love in the world won't stop it, and it's making me feel sick....

#11316 09/16/99 08:12 AM
E
E
sosad -- I am truly sorry for what you are going through and feeling. I really wish you would consider sticking around. You have a great deal to offer us, and in return we would love to help you get through the pain you are feeling now.<P>God Bless

#11317 09/16/99 08:33 AM
S
OP Offline
S
thanks everyone....but I truly see no hope anymore.....can't write about it, crying too hard....it's night-time here, another lonely night....I can't do this anymore.

#11318 09/16/99 08:42 AM
Y
Y
Sosad<P>Quit? Quit what? What happened? No-one says rebuilding is easy. It seems like your husband is following the normal course for a betrayer. At least he's confused. My wife is adamant she is doing the right thing and intends to marry as soon as they are both divorced.<P>Thanks to the posts of people like yourself, I am encouraged to ask myself every day, would I take her back if she wanted to? So far the answer has been yes, even though it gets harder every day. I remind myself that she is not deliberately trying to hurt me or the children. All I can do is my best for the children and myself. When reality strikes her, down the road, I may or may not be here for her, but I will be a stronger and better person. Quit, never! Choose a different road, maybe. Be strong, your kids need you.

#11319 09/16/99 09:08 AM
S
OP Offline
S
So down tonight...all I want to do is love my H, and have him love me....to be a real family again. Why is this so much to ask?<P>Stop the world, I want to get off...

#11320 09/16/99 09:17 AM
L
L
Been where you are, probably will visit there again. I'm so sorry for your pain.<P>Right now, I just live each day, try not to worry about my H moving out yet again as he has said he will by the first of the month and our marriage being over. All I have to do is get through today as well as I can.<P>What is it you are quitting? Marital efforts? Talking to H? Worrying? We go on living no matter how we feel about it--don't EVEN consider the alternative. Are there things you do want in your life that you have control over?<P>I just started working out again, I'm going to join a choir, I have a ton of stuff to do with the kids. I can't make my H live with and be "in love" with me, but I can do things that I have enjoyed, even if I don't particularly enjoy anything now.<P>Take care of you.

#11321 09/16/99 09:50 AM
N
N
hon, I may be on the other side of the world both in reality and in situation (I am the betrayer) but you and I are in the same boat, believe me. How is that??<P>All we want is to get our family back. We want peace and maybe, just maybe, some happiness and love in there to boot.<P>I am so sorry for your pain. Just know that.

#11322 09/16/99 10:01 AM
T
T
Sosad, <BR>We all have days when we want to quit.... it will get better, I promise.<P>{{{{{{{{ <A HREF="http://www1.bluemountain.com/cards/box6868x/har7cfbkihediw.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www1.bluemountain.com/cards/box6868x/har7cfbkihediw.htm</A> }}}}}}}}<P>Lots of Hugs & Kisses,<BR>TCF<P>------------------<BR>If you have a special occasion, or see someone here who could use a card... please e-mail me at card_fairie@hotmail.com. <BR>Hugs & Kisses,<BR>TCF

#11323 09/16/99 04:09 PM
C
C
sosad-<BR>I know how you feel. I also know that it is now a new day for you and I hope you are doing better. <BR>So many days, I throw in the towel. Then, two days later, when the smoke clears, I feel like I can do it again.<BR>My H, like yours, has moved out. H filed for divorce on Monday. It was one of the worst days of my life. But, today, I am feeling better. I am realizing that with or without my H, I will be ok. <BR>I know you want your family whole again. So do I. But, as much as you want it, it won't happen unless your H wants it to.<BR>As hard as it is, you need to start concentrating you yourself. (Read my thread- How do I find myself-there are some VERY good ideas in there). <BR>I feel your pain, I truley do. Even though you think you don't have the faith you need to get through this, God knows your pain. He has given you all the faith you need. Just sit down and give your troubles to Him. He WILL guide you.<BR>Tomorrow is a new day, and you will be stronger and more at peace than you were yesterday.<BR>Don't give up. No one ever won the race by stopping in the middle.<BR>Hugs and Love,<BR>Cheryl

#11324 09/16/99 07:00 PM
A
A
sosad,<P>I can't remember if you are going to a councellor or not... If you aren't, you should be. If you are, you should ask about anti-dep meds or something. Ask other people on the forum about that, cuz there are many on here with experience. It helps trememdously from what I've heard.<P>take it easy, and I hope you'll start feeling better soon!<BR>--andy

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,139 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation