Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Help,

I HATE getting booted, esp. in the middle of post and then I end up doubling it!!

What is that Mozilla, how does it work? I went to site, but it seems that there is more than one version. Will the free thing work? Will it cause any conflicts in my computer? Do I have to use my aol differently or sign in something? From what I understand it is a browser, so does it override Internet explorer?

I hate to aadmit when I don't get something, but I don't get it. And I hate even more not getting it, so HELP. Long explanations are welcomed.

jls

F
F
Mozilla is a website, better yet Mozilla makes or brands software.

Mozilla makes a web browser that's getting pretty popular. The name of the web browser is FIREFOX. Firefox works just like Netscape and Internet Explorer, but since it's new you shouldn't get so many popups, viruses etc... The nerdy virus makers haven't found the code yet to create viruses that include Firefox.

Anyways, you can surf the net with Firefox and it has a built in Pop Up blocker.

It's free, go here to try it:

http://www.mozilla.org/

After you install, it will ask if you want to import your bookmarks or favorites from Internet Explorer or Netscape, choose YES.

Take Care,

M
M
I have been using Mozilla since it first came out and I have found that I do not get any of those pesky viruses. What you should keep in mind is that if you use Mozilla every time you update you need to move your favorites to a backup, because you will lose them..

It will also have if you want it to be your default browser, say yes.

You will find that you do not get as many pop ups and if you are one to get a lot of viruses that also will dies down.

It's a great browser with stability.

S
S
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> What you should keep in mind is that if you use Mozilla every time you update you need to move your favorites to a backup, because you will lose them..
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">How do you backup favorites?

G
G
Use the new offering from mozilla called Firefox. It is the next gen browser based on the mozilla code.

It is very cool and highly customizable for look and feel.

J
OP Offline
J
Thank you all for your replies.

So, I downloaded and installed it. I guess that I am not as computer literate as I would like to think.

So, then what? So do I sign on to internet a different way? Does it just run in the background? I have AOL and I always go thru that desktop icon and sign in.

What if I later change to another internet service (which is what I always say I should do)?

Thanks again.
jls

T
T
Unless you still get AOL for free you are wasting your money with AOL...JMHO.

If Mozilla Firefox is set as your default browser then I would think when you click on its icon, Firefox is the browser that you will be using.

It looks similar to other browsers. You can set what ever web site as your default home page...

I haven't had dial-up for a long time so I don't know if there would be a difference logging in with AOL.

F
F
Using Firefox does not effect how you CONNECT to the Internet. Do whatever you usually do to get connected to the net. Once your connected then double click on the firefox icon and surf.

Once you have a connection to the net you can surf with Firefox. I use Firefox almost exclusively now, no more stanking popups for me lol

*crosses fingers

For Mac users, there's also Safari (free from Apple, and a lot "tidier" than netscape or Internet Exploder) and Omniweb (but that one costs 30 bucks), and iCab (also 30 bucks).

-ol' 2long

C
C
jl,

Richard Bach is one of my favorite authors! I've enjoyed seeing your screen name here!

J
OP Offline
J
Hi CSue,

My aunt gave me "Jonathan" when I was eight!! I also loved "Illusions"!! Don't get me started on books and authors, we did this the other nite at work and I could go on and on...

Thanks, and I do want to fly higher faster and better!!!

jls

C
C
dble post.

<small>[ March 14, 2005, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: CSue ]</small>

C
C
jls,

He published a new book in the last year that is referenced in Illusions...It's called the master's guildebook for advanced souls or something like that. I ordered it on Amazon!

I think I was 13 when I found JLS!! I now have the hardback collectors edition. I also bought the video of the movie. Great music from the movie by ooohhh what's his name Neil Diamond!!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation