Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi Gang,<P>Things are (seemingly) going well for me (in the recovery from my wife's affair) however the pesky OM is still a 'friend' or more to my W and still in the picture.<P>I'm about at the stage where I ask her to choose to give up contact with him - but because this will rock the boat a lot, I want to know all your best reasons she should(both for my strength and also to convince her).<P>Sure, it's obvious to all of us betrayed, and to all enlightened betrayers WHY the OP should be cut completely out of the picture. But what can you say to a betrayer to convince them? (thanks)<P>Richard

N
N
Because,,,,,,<BR> It hurts you<BR> It's temptation<BR> It rubs it in your face<BR> It makes you constantly have to be "on guard"<BR> It brings back visual images<BR> It revives painful memories<BR> It constantly challenges your trust<BR>And I could go on and on. I couldn't bear to have the OW still in the picture, in any way, shape or form.Ideally I would have had her removed from the face of this earth. Unfortunately, that wasn't possible [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. I needed all evidence of her removed, and that even included any of his friends that aided him in the affair and lied to me. They were no longer my friends and had no place in our life. He is not "your" friend.The recovery of a broken marriage and broken heart is sooo difficult. The only people you need to be involved with at this time are people that support the two of you in the efforts to restore your marriage. Clearly, he does not fit the bill.

J
J
Ditto Nerly, and... Professional therapists say so!!!!!!! You can quote the section in After the Affair by Janis Abrams Spring, and Dr. H has a section on-line on ending the affair, and no doubt in his book as well (I don't have his book)... I have relied heavily on professional guidelines, personally. You have to figure there is a certain amount of sickness in your W and possibly the relationship too for this to have happened, and you/she need to follow all the "prescriptions" for healing.<P>Good luck!!!!!!

Y
Y
it's just too hard...it kicks up all that anxiety, falling to a million pieces feeling, lump in the throat, physical ache...<BR>although as you probably know from this forum, the OW is an active part of our lives still..i too have tried to give him that 'ultimatum' but end up backing down...i feel my last resort would just be to leave..i can't fight about it any more so i try to make the best of it...it is a very painful reminder, i could be much more secure and better if she weren't in the picture. they just don't understand how it feels inside.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Kellie<BR>There's no place that far.<BR>

B
B
I can only repeat what Nerlycrzy said. Once again she and I feel exactly the same way.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 335 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation