Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
F
wasstubborn<BR>He can hardly keep up with me either, but he is more than willing to try!<BR>I almost forgot another favorite:<P>When I said "How can I believe anything you say now that I know you can lie to me"<BR>Answer "You CAN believe me, I only lie about this."<P>Now that's comforting.

F
F
Just bringing this up to top for Katana and anybody else new.<p>[This message has been edited by Faith Hope Love (edited June 08, 1999).]

C
OP Offline
C
A few more good ones [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]!<P>"You only bought wheat bread, not white bread"<BR>"You only bought Crest, not Colgate"<BR>"You only bought 1% milk, not 2%"<BR>"When I wanted to go for a walk, you were tired, but when you wanted to go for a walk, we HAD to"<BR>- - - - - - - - - - - - - -<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<p>[This message has been edited by Chris (CA123) (edited June 08, 1999).]

Y
Y
F,H,L,<BR> So glad you bought this back up<BR>my personal favorites have always been--<P>I know you told me you appricated me everyday, I just didn't feel it ( like I did)<P> when asked why if he loved me did he say he never had-- I was trying to make you hate me,so you wouldn't hurt so bad (oh yes tell me our lives together was all lies that will make the hurt stop.)<P> It wasn't supposed to hurt you it was just innocent illecit kinky sex (ok )<P> you were never supposed to know (duh )<P> It felt good to have two women want me<P> I wasn't going to leave you for her I was just going to keep having sex with her.<P> the sex wasn't that good, I wanted to try it without her husband around for a change.<P>now it's<BR> can't you just let it go<BR> I love you and i want everything to go back like it was <P>------------------<BR>Deb<BR>------------------------<BR>I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance- His Garthness Garth Brooks - The Dance<P><p>[This message has been edited by not again (edited June 08, 1999).]

Y
Y
"I'm sick, I need help."<BR>"I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to hurt you" (what do you think it did to me to hear it from "her")<BR>"I was protecting my family"<BR>"She's crazy"<BR>"I Love you, I never loved her"<BR>"She seduced me"<BR>"It will never happen again"<BR>"I would never trade you for her"<BR>"It was never making love, it was scr**ing"<BR>"Can't you just forget it all?"<BR>"Why did you have to open the package?"<BR>"I felt trapped"<P>I have heard so many more.<BR>Donna

L
L
"I'm sorry if I hurt you." (What do you mean "if"?!?!?!!!)<P>"I wanted to leave you ten or twelve years ago." (So why didn't you and save me 10-12 years of heartache?!?!)<P>"It felt so good to be with someone who feels the same way I do." (What a wonderful foundation for a life together!!)<P>Remarks in parentheses are my replies.....

T
T
I forgot to charge my cell phone.<P>You are paranoid. You need to go to the doctor, and get some help for your problem.<P>I am just tapering off. Must be my age.<P>I don't know why she won't look you in the eye. She's got a problem.<P>What do you think I am, stupid?<P>Geez, why can't we just live? Why do you have to make an issue about everything.<P>I'm gonna have it out with (secretary) right now. How unprofessional to tell you she didn't know where I was. She isn't supposed to tell anybody anything. How unprofessional. She doesn't know what she's talking about. Never did.<P>Why don't you just go and spend some quality time with your family?<P>I think we need to separate our money. <P>That is my company truck. You aren't allowed in it.<P>I don't know. <P>I don't know.<BR> <BR>What? Are you crazy?<P>Keep it up and you are going to a mental hospital and lose our son.<P>

J
J
(All these quotes are about the OW)<BR>How about, "I know eveyone says she has slept around with a lot of men, but I believe her when she says it has only been a few.."<P>A few days later, "Well, maybe she lied to me, but she was probably just afraid I would think badly of her if I knew the truth.." (Not to mention exposing both of us to STDs.)<BR>"It does not really matter...I still think she is a wonderful person on the inside and I want to be with her to protect her. She only sleeps around because she is looking for love. She will be different if she and I are together."<P>A few days later, "Well, I know she would never be faithful to me, but I love her so much, I would forgive her and we could be happy"<P>"She promises she always always always uses a condom with her husband. She only has unprotected sex with me" (Why? Why would you have protected sex with your husband and not with someone you are having an illicit relationship with?)<P>Gee whiz

A
A
The other day I showed this thread to my H and he read my post on it. I like what I'm hearing now:<BR>"Did I really say that?"

M
mdj Offline
M
Here's one my H. told me the OW said to him--<P>I've never had to wait this long to do it with anyone else before...<P>Here's a few the OW's fiance said to my H.--<P>She never, ever goes anywhere without me.<BR>We are always together so I don't see how you 2 were doing it.<BR>Why did I think she would be faithful to me? <BR>I started seeing her while she was married to someone else.<BR>Once a cheater, always a cheater, I guess she'll always be a cheater<P><BR>Of course the last one really hit home, since my H. and I are really working on rebuilding our relationship and I *think* we both realize that we don't want that one to come true for us.<P><p>[This message has been edited by mdj (edited June 08, 1999).]

T
T
ME: <BR>You'll never forgive me<BR>I hate myself<BR>I want to die<BR>I thought you hated me<P>My Ex:<BR>I'll forgive you, but that doesn't mean I'll stay with you.<BR>Good!<BR>Fine! Just don't do it in my apartment.<BR>How could you think that?<P>

Y
Y
Well, I am glad you are all "venting" and "cheering up". I feel it is at the expense of a very painful experience we are all in.<BR>I have been here for quite awhile and realize I do NOT fit in. I have been the one trying so hard to put my life back together to try to undo some of the hurt and damage I have caused. <BR>I had many many years of rejection, pain etc.. and funny, I said many of those things often before I had an affair and they werent "lines" then. They were valid, all of a sudden they arent because I sinned. You are all very smug, self righteous martyrs, and I pray to God your spouses do NOT come to this thread and see them being laughed at and mocked. Tell me, is this part of plan a or plan b. <BR>Bye. <BR>I think I might do better in the world after all. You just reminded me of why I wanted out of my marriage. People like you in my church. BYE.<BR>Oh PS - If I had seen my husbands post in here I would be heading IMMEDIATELY to the attorney.

T
T
wow ... sounds like we are all married to the same people:<P>"I don't feel that way about you anymore"<BR>(about why he wouldn't let me touch him)<P>(in answer to the question: 'when was it you stopped being in love with me - before or after you started screwing around with her?')<BR>"Around the same time" (to which I replied: <BR>'really, that oughtta tell you something, don't you think?')<P>(after telling me all of the faults I had that made it impossible to live with me any longer and which I immediately addressed and eliminated) "It's not really you, it's me."<P>"I don't want to be responsible"<BR>"I want to come and go as I please"<BR>"She's fun"<P>And my most favorite of all so far, after me telling him he didn't communicate well with me and that he owed me the opportunity for us to work on our relationship:<P>"Oh - so, because I don't communicate well I have to suffer?"<P>But, actually, it's a tie between that one and this one, spoken after I asked for six months to work on our marriage together:<BR>"I'm too old to waste six months." (he was 33 at the time - I was 39).<P>terri

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation