Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
krusht Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I just returned to San Diego from CO for a week of business. Must give my account manager some time off before she quits.

I will go back next week and we will most likely move back to SD at the end of June. My son took 3 steps by himself without any assistance yesterday and he can now lower and raise himself from the tiolet. He has made tremendous progress in the 4 months he has been out of the hospital. His short term memory has improved mucho, which is a great relief. There is still a long recovery ahead, but he is becoming much more independant and works very hard, with a good attitude.

(For those that don't have the foggiest idea of what I am talking about. My 26 year old, not married,son was hit by a SUV while walking along the street Oct 1, 04. Drunk driver. Broke his neck and really scrambled his brains. Severe Brain Injury and in a coma for 10 days. He was released late January from the Hosp and we moved from SD to CO to tend to him and take him to therapy etc. We are very glad we went.)

So now that I am home alone for a week I will be dispensing my indispensable advise and wisdom to all that will listen.

As far as my old geezer** and I are concerned everything is hunky dory, but I am still a horny old billygoat. I am being good and I am not rushing things.

Most of the time I am bewildered as to when or if to initiate. Do I wait for a sign? Be aggresive and not take no for an answer? Be rough? Talk dirty? Wait for her to attack me? Rub her a certain way in a certain place?

OH GOSH!! WHAT WOULD THE OM DO IN THIS SITUATION??

Right there is the crux of the whole fri%#ing affair dealio
and the biggest and maybe only thing that keeps breaking my heart which collapses my chest into darkness, misery and dispair. (Thank you, feel much better now.)

But in all other aspects of our life everything is very good.

With her mother so ill and passing in Jan and 3 days later we move to Colorado to bring back my son from the dead, we have not had a "normal" atmosphere to heal.

She has healed....I am not so sure about me.

**Instead of FWW I would rather call her old geezer or "geeze" for short. Thank you.

k

CORDUROY PILLOWS ARE MAKING HEADLINES!!
O
O
Dear Krusht,

Wow. You and your family have certainly been through a lot with no time to deal with your personal issues. That is a lot to carry on your shoulders but it also c/b what helps bring each other closer.

Now for your personal recovery, that w/b an issue to be dealt with. Since you are so busy, is there a chance you can do some phone counseling with Steve? I think you need a healing plan that is simple yet effective.

Welcome home.

L.

B
B
Krusht -

Glad to hear from you again. And very happy that your son is doing so well.

If you wait for your sweetie to attack you, it may be a long wait. Do you do tons of nice things for and to her without it leading to SF? That would be my advice.

M
M
Wow, Krusht, I did not know about your boy and am so very sorry about his accident. I am very glad that he survived.

As far as approaching your W, I would have to say your approach depends entirely on her. I would just play it by ear and see how she reacts best.

Glad you are back amongst us, I have so missed your posts!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
krusht Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Believer,

Hi neighbor!

We have been to Vail, sking, and down to the Broadmore to celebrate her birthday..with presents! We go out to dinner and movies. (this all when we get a break from care-giving)

We get along great during the day (we are together 24/7)and are affectionate, caring, and fun to be with.

At night she kisses me good night and tells me how much she loves me and we go to sleep.

(If I knew how to do the goofy icon, I would click it!)

k

K
krusht Offline OP
OP Offline
K
ML,

Playing it by ear, Boss. (Cool Hand Luke)

And thank you.

k

B
B
Hmmm. It may be that she feels guilty. It is a crazy way that we women think. She had the A, then your son was injured, and now she may feel bad about SF. I don't know, but keep on keeping on.

You two need to comfort each other right now, and a little intimacy might do the trick.

K
krusht Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Orchid,

I guess being busy with the boy and with 20 mg of Lexipro a day, I never considered that my problem is that dire to confer with Mr Harvey.

In July, alone again, we will see how it goes.

And your right, it is bringing us closer.

Thanks for your reply.

k

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 999 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation