AGG's recent post inspired me to post a new thread.

"No, I didn't dump pasta on myself, but she dumped marinara sauce on her white sweater, and no, I did not offer to help wipe it off despite the, uh, interesting location of the blob... "

Does anyone have something embarrassing happen to them on the first date? If so what was it?

I'll start. On my first date with BF I had a bad cough, it was bronchitis and but I didn't know it at the time. We went to the fair and went on rides. (I find myself getting too old for rides over the years.) I did OK for the most part, but on one ride, I started to feel sick and coughed. After a few minutes I couldn't stop coughing and my gagging reflex kicked in and I got sick in front of my date. It bought tears to my eyes and he was such a gentleman, he rubbed y back and asked if I was OK if he can do anything for me. I asked for water and he took off through the crowd and came back a few minutes with bottled water for me. I was so embarrassed, I thought this was it, the guy was going to be grossed out and not ask me out again. The dated ended nicely and he's still with me. Every once in a while we talk about it and chuckle.