Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
And Happy Hannukah!

And whatever other faith you are - happy holidays!!

My gratitude goes out to those who have helped me through the worst year of my life! I am recovering - slowly - but the worst pain seems to be in the past.

I am so thankful for you guys. Mortarman, Bob, GC, Gimble, the ladies - Pep, FF, Mojodiva, Orchid, Believer, (I feel like a stupid actor receiving the academy award - you start naming names, and invariably leave out many important ones)
and everyone else who has helped me on this journey. Know this - your help has been invaluable. I could not have made it to this point. THANK YOU!!!!!!

I am ready to be disconnected from WW. If God wishes to put it back together - so be it - but if He does not - I am prepared for the future. Things are amicable. WW is starting A #4 - that I know of. I hope she some day gets the help she needs.

SO - MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

REMEMBER WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ABOUT. Love your kids with everything you have. They are the best gift you will ever get.

FAR

foundareason
D: March 2006 (xw - multiple a's)

I have found a NEW REASON!!!!
A Treasure!!
G
G
Merry Christmas, Found!

God bless,
Gimble

-An affair is the embodiment of entitlement, fueled by resentment and lack of respect.
-An infidel will remain unreachable so long as their sense of entitlement exceeds their ability to reason.
S
S
Merry Chistmas!

W
W
Merry Christmas FAR!

B
B
Same to you!

I'll be celebrating both, actually.

We're having Christmas here, a large crowd all of whom are far from home. At 5:15, I leave everyone here to party, (my co-host is a Katrina refugee who is like one of the family) and go to a Hannukah party with another friend. Best of both worlds.

Wish we could have met at Bob's with the other MB'ers, but c'est la vie. Have a happy day.

B
B
Merry Christmas FAR. You are right about your children being the best gift.

I was watching a show on TV today about adoption, and the 500,000 kids in this country who are in foster care, without a permanent family. It really made me appreciate that all the material things mean nothing.

Hope you enjoy your day.

U
UVA Offline
U
Happy holidays FAR. I have been wondering how you have been doing. Yours and Gramm's stories are joined at the hip, so to speak.

Whatever happens, you will be ok. Just trust in God.

M
M
Happy Holidays, FAR!
I wish you an astounding 2006!

Be true to yourself and keep your head held high.

F
OP Offline
F
BV - I am looking forward to the next Bob's trip. I will do my damdest to make the next one.

Maybe it will be an even bigger event!!

far

foundareason

A Treasure!!
F
OP Offline
F
Believer - I am half-adopted (by my stepfather). WW is adopted. We found her biological siblings early in our marriage. It has been an interesting story. Bio-mom is married to a preacher that does not know about the third child (10 yrs after older sister - likely due to a rape). She does not wish for communication out of fear of the repercusions. (and who knows whatever other baggage is there - I can't imagine)

Neat story, though. Miraculous that we found her brother and sister.

Oh - what the hey, - I will tell some of it.

Bio-bro got a strange letter in the mail one day (10 or 12 yrs ago). He asked his mom - "this strange letter asking about someone wanting to make contact - what is this?" She told him to throw it away. It was her opportunity to say "no contact". So we got the birth cert. I called one of the two matching names in the book. It was bro. He and sis never knew about the younger sibling. "we visited my aunt a lot that summer." Apparently bio-mom did everything she could to make her body terminate the pregnancy. She was very underweight - like 119 or something - when she had the baby. (ww is 5-3, sis and bro are on either side of 6')

Anyway - the new baby brought a certain couple a great deal of joy for the last 40 years. It is a good story.

I feel for the kids that do not have a family.

Lots of them in Africa. And everywhere.

I will pray for them.

far

foundareason

A Treasure!!
F
F
WW is starting A #4 - that I know of. I hope she some day gets the help she needs.
FAR, I actually came to the forum to see if you had posted. {{FAR}} I am sorry to read this but am comforted to know that your kids have you in their lives.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,150 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation