Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
ComingAbout #2131619 09/23/08 05:00 PM
O
O
Are there any keyloggers that you don't have to set the anti-virus to ignore? We had a keylogger on there previously, and my spouse checks that every once in a while. I am very poor, and could really use a free one if possible.

ComingAbout #2133560 09/28/08 06:47 AM
J
J

.dat files

Does anyone know how to open these files...Or has anyone downloaded any third party software to view them?

Thanks

jane42 #2134160 09/30/08 09:20 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Have you tried to view the .dat file with wordpad?

.Dat files are very "none specific" could be anything.

If it's chat, you should see it in wordpad. You might get a bunch of other crap to, but read thru it.

-JKT

ComingAbout #2134642 10/01/08 04:23 AM
J
J

..Hi thanks, tried looking in notepad on the off chance but cannot view.

Specifically I'm interested in the index.dat files on windows. I understand these still store all the URLS visited even when they've been deleted from internet cache, history etc.

Anyone else out there used any third party shareware to read ???

Thanks
J

jane42 #2161077 11/19/08 02:09 PM
M
M
There are a number of useful utilities at http://www.nirsoft.net/ for finding browser history and saved passwords.

http://www.nirsoft.net/web_browser_tools.html

http://www.nirsoft.net/password_recovery_tools.html

I'd suggest getting a USB flash drive to run the programs from instead of putting them directly on the target computer. This will help prevent the programs from being found as long as you're not careless about the flash drive.

Also note, some of these programs may be detected by antivirus utilities.

Shadows #2161574 11/20/08 02:48 PM
H
H
Originally Posted by Shadows
I was just wondering if anyone has heard of or tried Flexispy? I'm not sure I totally understand it but once you install it on someone's cellphone you are able to hear conversations going on even with their phone turned off. In other words, you can basically hear what they are saying to other people in the office, etc. just in normal conversation - not just when using their cellphone.

Does anyone know anything about this? There are several different programs (can't remember the names of others) and I would love to try one since I have easy access to my H's cellphone. The problem is that I'm technologically challenged and even using the cellphone much beyond answering it and making a call is a problem for me. But this sounds fairly simple - if it works!

Shadows

Yes, and it works as advertised. The only problem is it only works on certain phones. I used it with Windows mobile and it works great. You can see everything that goes on from calls, texts, emails, and you can even secretly listen to the surroundings of the phone when it is not in use.

You have to be somewhat technical to really tweak it, but it does run right out of the box.

First D-Day 7/1999
Second D-Day 11/1/2008
Third D-Day 11/29/2008
Me BS 40
Her WS 37
DD -12
DS -10
S
S
Originally Posted by HadBetterDays
Originally Posted by Shadows
I was just wondering if anyone has heard of or tried Flexispy?

Shadows

Yes, and it works as advertised. The only problem is it only works on certain phones. I used it with Windows mobile and it works great. You can see everything that goes on from calls, texts, emails, and you can even secretly listen to the surroundings of the phone when it is not in use.

You have to be somewhat technical to really tweak it, but it does run right out of the box.

Thanks! I posted this quite a while ago and kind of gave up getting a response. It sounded really good until I got to your last sentence. I'm not very technical but may give it a try at some point anyway.

Shadows

Shadows #2183734 12/29/08 03:26 PM
A
A
Bump

ComingAbout #2184303 12/30/08 11:36 AM
S
S
Some good info here. I thought I'd add my own tips of things that I've done:

First, the digital recorder. I bought an Olympus digital audio recorder, and it works great. I think it was the DS-40, but it may have been the DS-30. The battery life is a bit of an issue sometimes, but it picks up really well even in my noisy car. The best spot I've found is above the passenger-side sun visor (just in case she pulls hers down, heh). Set it on the middle sensitivity, turn on the voice activation (it has it even if the box doesn't say it), put it on Hold, set it up, and wait.

For the keylogger, I can't remember the name of the one that I used, but it took a while to get set up. I had to change her Antivirus to not detect it. I had to set up her firewall to allow the ports to the FTP server I'd set up (I think it was on drivehq.com. It was free and easy to set up. For some reason the email portion of my keylogger didn't work well for me).

Mail tracking. Since she used the same password everywhere, I went on to her two email accounts and set up mail forwarders on both accounts so that all incoming mail was forwarded to a dummy account for me. I did this before she knew I was spying on her, so even when she changed her password, it still sent me emails. Which was great because when she changed her passwords after she found out I was spying on her, one of the sites she changed it on sent her a confirmation with the new password in the email, so now I have her new password, too. laugh She also changed the password to our Verizon account, and I can still log in and see all of their texts and calls (albeit about 24 hours after the fact). Definitely try to get signed up onto your phone company's web interface if they have one.

Recently, I've installed UltraVNC on her computer. It is a LOT better than a keylogger in many respects. I can use it to view everything she's doing realtime. The place where the keylogger is better is when I can't sit there and monitor her activity. I'd only get UltraVNC if you're somewhat technical. But here's how I set it up if you want to do it: I installed the server portion on her computer, set it to run as a service, and told it not do display the tray icon. After rebooting, it is active with no footprint. Then I had to change my wireless router to allow port forwarding for ports 5800 and 5900 to her IP address (I also set the DHCP lease on our router for like 2 weeks or so, so she always has the same IP, and I enabled remote management of the router so I can change the forwarding address if I need to). And finally you have to get the external IP address of your router, which is the address that you'll use to connect the client software to (which obviously you install on your computer). Like I said, it's a job for someone a bit familiar with their computer and home network setup, but if you are, it works great. Last night I watched her have a conversation with her boyfriend in real time. Grabbed a few screenshots for later use. Ooh! Almot forgot! On the client side, when you first run the client software on your machine, make sure to check the box that says something like "view only" and then save that configuration as default. Otherwise if you accidentally move the mouse over the image of her screen, her mouse will move and she may suspect something.

Hope this all helps. It was a great help to me.

Oh, and here's a good tip that I learned after my first few experiences: Make sure to not reveal too much specific information that you ONLY could've gotten through a specific spying method. For instance, don't quote her chat transcripts verbatim, etc. Like the other day when she lied to me and said she was texting her mom, I called her mom and verified that she hadn't. So now she knows that I know she lied, but she doesn't know that I could actually check on the Verizon site and find out for myself. Or just tell her that you know stuff is still going on, but you're "not quite sure of the details". They are already feeling guilty, so their behavior is already showing signs of what they're doing anyway. Let them feel like they have absolutely no poker face, and they won't even be able to trust themselves to do anything. Slowly but surely my WW's contact with OM is getting less frequent and less blatant. I still know every contact they have, but they are too afraid to do anything. Hope it stops completely soon.

MrWondering #2192237 01/13/09 09:42 AM
F
F
bump ^^^

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
ComingAbout #2194761 01/16/09 09:48 PM
K
K
Do any of you know how to recover deleted sms messages from a telephone memory. Not from the sim card but from the telephone's memory.

is it possible?

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt
A
A
Hey I just noticed that there is a solution for gaining access to cell phone conversations....Flexispy...is this still available, having trouble finding it online?!? Also any other solutions for this. I need to find something quickly.

Me BW
WH
2 kids (toddlers)
D-day, finally admits 1-27-09
WH with OW (coworker in fall '07)
allemotions #2209405 02/09/09 01:47 PM
A
A
anyone use this cell phone software with success....?

Me BW
WH
2 kids (toddlers)
D-day, finally admits 1-27-09
WH with OW (coworker in fall '07)
allemotions #2212283 02/12/09 05:12 PM
E
E
This is a PI I have used do the background checks and such. There is a lot of good info on his site (see the GPS trackers) and most of his info is dead on. He is licensed in several states so some of you may be be able to use him when needs arise.

I haven't read any of his books, but I watched the video clips on the website. His books may be useful for helping snoop when necessary

http://www.sevendaydetective.com/

Divorced on 3/25/2008 but I have primary legal and physical custody of my 2 kids.

Plan A Thread
Plan B Thread
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
Eph525 #2212288 02/12/09 05:19 PM
D
D
I'm not going to say I've got flexispy running on any of my phones...but I will tell you I have seen the software in action and it is as advertised.

While the light version does not let you hear conversations, it does let you know who dialed in, where they dialed out to and all incoming / outgoing texts, complete with all texts. You get to see every word.

Get it! Rocks! Nuff said...

Last edited by DNU1; 02/12/09 05:20 PM.

D-Papers served May 8th, 2009
ComingAbout #2212815 02/13/09 11:27 AM
N
N
DNU1,

Hypothetically speaking, how hard would it be to download the software on someone's blackberry if you are not to tech savy?

Does the software send copies of the emails to your phone or the PC?

NotLaughing #2213138 02/13/09 05:05 PM
D
D
Originally Posted by NotLaughing
DNU1,

Hypothetically speaking, how hard would it be to download the software on someone's blackberry if you are not to tech savy?

Does the software send copies of the emails to your phone or the PC?

Well, their web site says it's a 10 minute install. In reality it take longer...er, hypothetically speaking smile I'm pretty tech saavy and it took me a good 30 minutes.

Check the site. It's very slick software. You access the records of calls and texts via web site. You set the software on blackberry to send messages to the servers hourly, daily, whatever you choose. And you can even control the sending remotely via texts sent to the target phone. Very slick.

Check to make sure the blackberry and network are compatible with their software.

D-Papers served May 8th, 2009
DNU1 #2214963 02/17/09 01:41 AM
V
V
bumping for living4her

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

ComingAbout #2215736 02/18/09 08:45 AM
O
O
Didn't want to start a new thread when this one was already here.

Anyone ever use spyware on a Mac? I've used eblaster before on a PC and they have a Mac version. But I'm not really familiar with Safari or Firefox. How do you know it erases the history of the website you went to to download/install it? I know it erases all evidence of the install, but I remember having to erase the history of visits to spectorsoft on the PC.

OurHouse #2234395 03/25/09 08:03 PM
V
V
bump

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (Mature, 1 invisible), 1,216 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation