Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1572288 01/24/06 01:04 PM
C
OP Offline
C
(Spying 101): This should get you started.

1. The Keylogger: Primarily used for tracking Internet activity, email, web chat.There are two kinds of keyloggers that I am aware of software, and hardware.
The software logger: : Is a program that silently runs on a computer recording screen shots, emails sent and received, webchat, etc. This will work 95% of the time. Only downside to software is it can be detected by other anti-spy software, and/or the real computer geek, or someone that suspects they are being monitored. ($100.00)

Harware logger : This little device connects at the back of you computer in-line with you keyboard usb or ps2 plug. This device simply records the keystrokes from your keyboard only. This will get you less information than the software version, but will not be detected by software. Can be physically seen if you spend time looking at the back of your computer. ($50.00 – 70.00)

Audio recorders: 2 types: cassette or digital. Only real advantage the cassette has over digital would be cost, and capability to run longer. Due to the fact the digitals are typically small. The batteries are also small (1 or 2 AAA). Result limited amout of audio before the battery dies.

If you are recording in a fixed location like a house phone, the cheaper radioshack cassette recorder will work great. Go to radioshack and purchase a handheld recorder MUST HAVE VOICE ACTIVATED RECORDING. ($30.00)

A phone splitter: little plastic thing that goes in the phone outlet allowing more than one device to be attached to the wall. ($2.00)

2-6 foot phone cord.

1 or 2 cassette tapes 120 min or 180 min long. ($5.00)

Phone recording jack: Little device that allows the phone cord to connect to the microphone of the recorder. ($5.00)

Once you have this. Find the most inconspicuous place to connect to the phone system. I.E. behind a bed, under a desk, etc…

Connect the wall splitter to the wall (now you have 2 jacks to connect to) If you have a phone connected there re-connect it. Also connect your extra piece of phone cord to the other remaining available wall jack.

Here is where I chose to get a box. In the box goes the remaining:

Connect the other end of the phone cord to the input of the phone recording jack.

Now connect the headphone type plug on the phone recoding jack to the recorder.

Plug in the audio cassette, turn on the recorder, set it for voice activation. TURN THE VOLUME ALL THE WAY DOWN.

Now whenever you receive or make a phone call (From any phone at the same number that outlet is associated with) will be recorded.

KEEP IN MIND YOU CAN ALSO DO THIS WITH A DIGITAL RECORDER.

Just watch those batteries.

Recording in the car.

You will want a small digital recorder for this one. Again something that is voice activated is a must. Some of these come with a microphone, and they will work best, but not a requirement.

The most important thing with recording in the car is trying to get the recorder closest to the driver as possible and remaining concealed. This is why the recorder that comes with a very small microphone works best. You can hide the recorder, and keep the microphone out enough to pick up audio.

My recommendation for set up: If you have an external microphone. Velcro the recorder under the dash below the steering column. Run the mic wire up the steering column as close to the driver as you can without giving it’s location away.

If you do not have and external mic. Tape or fix to the underside of the driver seat (Microphone facing down, and as close to the center of the car as you can.

Again make sure voice activation is on, and volume and audible warnings are OFF!

GPS (global positioning system): Used to track vehicle’s location by referencing multiple satellites. 2 main types of GPS units available are recorders and real time. Both mount to the vehicle typically by magnet.

Recorded GPS : This is the cheaper of the 2, and will recorded location in timed intervals, and must be connected to a computer after use for data download. Software will pull the location and time off the GPS unit, and show you on a map where and when the car’s movement.

Real Time GPS : This unit cost more, and may require an internet access fee to access the Real Time location of the GPS unit via the internet. Very Cool, but also abit pricey!

Other options:

Don’t want to deal with any of this? Consider a private investigator.

Got Nextel? You can install free software, and locate a lot of these phones via the internet real time! http://www.accutracking.com/

This should be enough to get you pointed in the right direction, and commonly used devices available.

Cover your tracks when purchasing any of these items. If possible have a friend purchase, and pay them with cash!

Last edited by Justkeeptrying; 01/25/06 01:59 PM.
ComingAbout #1572289 01/24/06 01:16 PM
M
M
Good thread!

An addition to the info about software keyloggers. You can easily disable anti-spyware software by running it and then selecting "ignore"in relation to the spyware. It will then ignore it in the future.

One that I have used in the past is actmon @ www.actmon.com. It runs about $40 and will send email reports. Very simple to use and runs invisibly.

www.peoplefinder.com can be an excellent source for finding parents, spouses, names. It is a free service but you can pay more to get more information.

Last edited by MelodyLane; 02/23/06 08:20 PM.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #1572290 01/24/06 02:00 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks ML,

Also for those who feel they have good info. Feel free to jump in with experience and links that will save others time with research. Phone Number hunting, Reverse look ups, Cell phone records, etc...

ComingAbout #1572291 01/24/06 03:21 PM
N
N
I have used US Search for reverse phone number lookups, each time it cost $15.

Cell phone records may be found simply by setting up an online account and looking at the bill.

The Nextel tracking software is free? Could I get more info from someone on this one?

needtotalk #1572292 01/24/06 03:29 PM
O
Owl Offline
O
Instead of a PI...sometimes you can get away with having a trusted friend that your WS doesn't know do the legwork. Posting them by the OP's house, or at work during lunch, etc... Additionally, having THEM place a call to an untrusted phone number from a pay phone or their cell works nicely as well. Often the OP will know the home phone...but not think about a call from some 3rd party. Have a good line of bull-stuffing set up, and they can actually learn a lot about the OP. Have them pose as a marketer who promises some silly prize for taking a survey...and then at the end of the 'survey' get their contact information so that the "prize" can be sent.

needtotalk #1572293 01/24/06 03:50 PM
M
M
I have used US Search for reverse phone number lookups, each time it cost $15.

You can also do this for free on www.anywho.com

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #1572294 01/24/06 04:10 PM
L
L
Just a thought. I know there are "kits" out there to test garments, etc., for the presence of...uh...male biological material, let's say. I don't know if this suggestion is appropriate in your thread, but it came to mind. I don't know a source for one of these test kits right now so if anyone out there does, please post. I'll be researching.

If this isn't appropriate, JKT, just let me know and I'll delete it.

Longhorn #1572295 01/24/06 04:28 PM
M
M
LH, good suggestion about the semen testing kit. It is very effective in testing for semen on women's panties. I have the link at home and will post it.

Edited to add link: http://www.getcheckmate.com/

Last edited by MelodyLane; 01/24/06 05:37 PM.

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #1572296 01/25/06 01:53 PM
C
OP Offline
C
GPS tracking of Nextel phone's.

I apologize, the link in the initial thread for tracking a Nextel phone is for an option that is not available until this fall.

The following link looks to be in works currently.
http://www.accutracking.com/

I will edit the inital post to avoid confusion.

JKT

ComingAbout #1572297 01/25/06 02:02 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Longhorn, Thanks for the post. That is exactly the type of information this tread was designed for.

ComingAbout #1572298 01/25/06 02:15 PM
L
L
Thanks. I wasn't sure. And you saw where Melody already had the specifics, I'm sure.

How about some books on the subject:

Cheaters: 180 Telltale Signs Mates are Cheating and How to Catch Them by Raymond B. Green (2003 New Horizon Press)

Spying On Your Spouse by Kelly Squires (1996 Citadel Press) A little dated on the electronics used, but lots of other valuable information.

Longhorn #1572299 01/25/06 02:31 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Website dedicated to recording phone calls: http://www.phonelosers.org/article/recording_telephone_calls/

ComingAbout #1572300 01/29/06 09:14 PM
B
B
new here, just found out 12/22/05 still trying to figure out what to do and what to think of my WS.
Does anyone know if there is a way to track outgoing and incoming calls on a cell phone? Any good thoughts on cracking passwords for email without having to reset it.
any help would be awesome.

C
C
Does anyone know if there is a way to track outgoing and incoming calls on a cell phone? Any good thoughts on cracking passwords for email without having to reset it.

You can set up an online account with your cell phone provider to track calls. Some have real time tracking some are delayed with billing cycle. You will need the cell SIM#.

Keyloggers are the best way to capture passwords. Unless of course you can guess. I got my WH IM password by having it emailed to him then I deleted that email....but if you can't get in to email that won't help you.

Digital voice activated recorders work GREAT.

aka-confused42
BS-45 me
WH-42
DS-14 & DD-12
together 21 yrs, married 18.5yrs
"I love you but not IN love with you" speech 6/3/04
D-Day 2/25/05; WH moved out 3/15/05 & back too soon 3/22/05...He left again 5/8/06
5/25/06 Plan B.....NC letter 6/18/06
Recovery finally began Jan 2007
We are IN love again!!!Sept 2007
ChaCha #1572302 01/29/06 10:56 PM
C
C
Just an idea to throw out here. Anyone who knows me knows that for months I have been doing everything that I can think of to catch WH and get more information on OW.

A couple of days ago I signed up for Reunion.com and Classmates.com just looking for old classmates and such. Instinctively, I looked up OW, there she was !!! More info than I have gotten yet. But... and I now realize, a big but.. I think it will say that I have been there looking her up. Like --- who has searched for you, something like that. Frankly, I could care less what she thinks. Trying to let go of this.... trying but can not without some more um... info.... from Wh anyway.

Hope this helps someone a little.

Best regards - carnation

carnation #1572303 01/31/06 12:05 PM
C
OP Offline
C
^for Broken

ComingAbout #1572304 02/23/06 01:39 PM
C
OP Offline
C
^ for gooner

ComingAbout #1572305 02/23/06 01:53 PM
W
W
Harware logger : This little device connects at the back of you computer in-line with you keyboard usb or ps2 plug. This device simply records the keystrokes from your keyboard only. This will get you less information than the software version, but will not be detected by software. Can be physically seen if you spend time looking at the back of your computer. ($50.00 – 70.00)

Could you go to, say, Radio Shack and get something like this?

Thx
Rachek

BS (me) - 30
FWS - 32
dd - 11
dd- 2 years
together 8 years
married 8/25/02
PA - 5/03 ended 12/31/03
Separated 3/18/04 to 6/30/04
DD 5/27/04
getting better, in recovery
Whistles75 #1572306 02/23/06 02:14 PM
O
Owl Offline
O
I've seen them at computer stores such as MicroCenter or CompUsa in the past. Or...you can order them online as well.

The thing you need to ensure with these is that your spouse isn't likely to have a reason to go behind the computer...or if they do, they don't know what they're looking at. This normally attaches between the keyboard cable and the computer itself. Just something to be aware of.

I'd suggest you call around to a couple of the computer hardware/software stores and ask for them. Just tell them that they're hardware keylogging devices.

Owl #1572307 02/23/06 02:53 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Whistles,

I would recommend the software version if you can log into the computer with admin rights (install software). Software is cheaper, and gives you alot more info, and options. i.e. keystrokes, screen shots of desktop, email sent and rcvd, IM conversations, etc... The hardware version only gives you keystrokes.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation