Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15738 09/29/99 05:27 PM
N
OP Offline
N
H left a message on the phone that he wants to "touch base". He said he'd be over tonight. He moved out 9/3 to think and have the freedom for the ow. I believe she gave him an ultimatum. He had been in and out three times this summer.Disclosure was 8/30 this year. He's been seeing her since April '98. Last week he said he wanted to come home and then changed his mind because he can't give her up. I think he's going to tell me he's decided to choose her. How do I cope with this? I've been doing plan A since he told me about her. I miss my husband so much and I deeply love him. I'm so tired of all this. I want my life back. Is there really life after affairs? <P>

#15739 09/29/99 05:32 PM
V
V
Calm down, take a deep breath. Try to relax. You don't know what he may want to talk about. Maybe he wants to come home. Try to be open minded and calm.

#15740 09/29/99 05:37 PM
L
L
Keep on with Plan A. The OW probably is making ultimatums. Hopefully she's getting ugly about it. Even if he tells you tonight he is choosing her, or wants a divorce, that isn't the end. The main ingredient in adultery is becoming double-minded. Just because he says he has made a decision doesn't mean that it will last. You've already seen that with him in and out of the house. My H has done the very same thing for over a year, with his affair beginning in 4/98.<P>You decide what your goals are. If you want this marriage, don't YOU do anything that gets in the way of that goal for you. You can't control anything he does.<P><P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)<P><BR>

#15741 09/29/99 07:36 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Thanks Lor and Vickie. He just left. He said he was going to rent his apartment another month. He is seeing a therapist and she told him he isn't ready to come home. He would probably just leave again. He says he thinks about coming home but he can't give her up and he would miss her. Also, her husband is making overtures toward reconciliation. Of course she doesn't want him she wants my husband. Such a mess! My h isn't doing so well. He called out of work two days last week and everyday for this week. Do you think the ow just told my h about her h so he would make a decision for her? Just a thought.<BR> I tried to keep up with Plan A.I had something ready for supper. But I did get a little weepy. Thanks again for the advice and for listening.

#15742 09/29/99 07:39 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Lor, you said your h affair also started 4/98. Is he still undecided and going back and forth? This is so difficult to live with.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation