Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
M
OP Offline
M
Mortorman,

My prayers are also with you.

I know the fear, the questions, the feeling of knowing you can not do a thing to change the eventual outcome. It's terrifying when it's your childrens future at stake.

I came across this today. It's written on a wall hanging a very dear person gave me while going through the A nonsense.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart & lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5 - 6

My XH and I had a stalemate at our first court hearing regarding the custody of the children. The court had us keep the same plans we had which kept them with him and his OW/wife most of the time. I was devestated.

I cam back to this passage and prayed on it. I held on to "he will direct your paths" like a lifeline.

In the end I won custody but it was a huge test of my faith and my endurance.

You and your family will be in my prayers each day. I have faith that the judge will see through all the lies and deceit.

Keep your head high and your faith strong.

FIM

Thank you FIM!

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...
4 kids (19(B), 17(G), 14(B), 4(B))
Blessed by God more than I deserve
"If Jesus is your co-pilot...you need to change seats!"

Link: The Roles of Husbands and Wives
E
E
i'm sorry mortarman

my H and i attempted recovery for 8 months before he left....long before i found this website

neither one of us did the right things...we didn't know how to heal

is there no more chance for the two of you to work things out?

S
S
MM,
I apologize for I, too, thought you were in recovery. I appreciate your threads on the roles of husbands and wives. You have an incredible view and understanding on marriage and love. It's so unfortunate that your wife didn't share same.

God has blessed you. Your postings have impacted many lives and many relationships. It is unfortunate that you have experienced such pain, but through the pain, God is using you. Not easy to remember when you are in this situation.

Please remember that God is with you. Remember the poem "Footprints". God has you in His arms. Feel his grace. Feel his love. Gain strength from His presence in your life. He will see you through.

You remain in my prayers.

SS

Me: 44
FWH: 51
Married: 15 years (second for both)
Children:
Mine: 25, 22, 21
His: 26, 20
D-Day: 3/13/06
Healing: Ongoing

May the grace of God comfort you and heal your pain.
K
K
One thing to remember as you say your prayers - for your children's sake - that they were His before they were yours. He loves them. He wants them raised in light. Let's pray that the judge is faithful and filled with that same light!

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
H
H
MM,

I will be where you are in about 7 weeks and know exactly how you are feeling. My WW is still as crazy and addicted as the day I found out about her A with a lunatic, Sex addict, OCD, serial cheater, etc.

Know from someone who will be watching and making a special effort to pray for you and your children that are being thought of an lifted up!

God Bless you and your children...

S
S
MM,

I am praying for you as I am facing the beginning of the struggle that you are facing the end of. Your words of truth have inspired me and I believe that God is greater than anything we face here. His will be done.

Thank you for your husbands and wives roles thread. It has been invaluable for me to understand what I need to be doing in my marriage to achieve recovery. Thanks for the inspiration always - you and your family are in my prayers.

All I am and will become in Him,

sbmmal BH 29 (Me) WW 29 M: 07-20-2001; DD Age 2 EA/PA: 5/06 - Present D-Day: 6-3-06 Deployed Since 11/05, Leave Due in 07/05 Home Forever and Out of Army 10/06... Praying for Us and Seeking God Feverishly!!!
J
J

MM, you're in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Find peace, rather than fight. You are in Good Hands.

Sunny Day, Sweeping The Clouds Away...

Just J --
E
E
MM

for all the loving advice you have given and all the difference that you have made to others in need.....you deserve a loving gift from God

i hope that you get it soon

S
S
MM... you said you were out of ammo...not so...you have hired your "ammo" in the form of a qualified attorney with whom you have shared both your saga and your faith.

Let your faith in God, and your faith in your attorney carry you through this mighty battle. One does not have to swing a sword or pull a trigger to be a soldier in the Lord's army.

Peace and grace for you,
SD

BH - me 53, ONS 1979
FWW - 51, 2 EA's, 1 PA
Last D-Day, Sep. 30, 2003
Last Contact/recovery began 2-26-04

***You can do anything with time and money...but remember...money won't buy you time!***
J
J
MM,

Steady as she goes mister. You will make the best of the situation NO MATTER what it turns out to be. I think you are strong enough to handle anything. I always hope for our judicial system if not faith in it.

God Bless,

JL

P
P
Be true to yourself ... you have already won!

Pep

F
F
MM -
I will be praying for you, brother. You have guided me, like so many others here, through this Helll. I appreciate your guidance, and now I will be on my knees for you.

You and Bob helped me believe that justice belongs to God. What an awesome feeling - to know that God is just! What could I possibly do!?!? If GOD HIMSELF is taking care of the vengeance part - I can rest knowing that it is IN HIS ARMS. He has given me PEACE that even bewilders those that are close to me.

I do not know if that makes sense, or helps. But it sure gave me peace when you and Bob and others helped me to understand it.

This warrior is on his knees for you.

In his arms, for sure.

far

foundareason
D: March 2006 (xw - multiple a's)

I have found a NEW REASON!!!!
A Treasure!!
F
F
God's blessings on you and your children, MM.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
U
UVA Offline
U
You are in my prayers!

O
O
My dear MM,

Your future may seem shakey but your faith isn't. Trust where the stablility lies in your life.

Know that it will seem the evil will win but in the end it never does. Never.

Sending you hugz and support from the middle of the deep blue.

Orchid.

F
F
There was a man who was asleep one night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light and the Savior appeared. The Lord told the man He had a work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. This the man did, day after day. For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down, his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock pushing with all his might. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain. Seeing that the man was showing signs of discouragement, Satan decided to enter the picture placing thoughts into the man's mind such as; "You have been pushing against that rock for a long time and it hasn't budged. Why kill yourself over this? You are never going to move it? etc."

Thus, giving the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure.

These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man even more. "Why kill myself over this?" he thought. "I'll just put in my time, giving just the minimum of effort and that will be good enough." And that he planned to do until one day he decided to make it a matter of Prayer and take his troubled thoughts to the Lord.

"Lord" he said, "I have labored long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock a half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"

To this the Lord responded compassionately, "My friend, when long ago I asked you to serve me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push. And now you come to me, your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back brown, your hands are callused from constant pressure, and your legs have become massive and hard.

Through opposition you have grown much and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. Yet you haven't moved the rock.

BUT YOUR CALLING WAS TO BE OBEDIENT, TO PUSH AND TO EXERCISE YOUR FAITH AND TRUST IN MY WISDOM. This you have done. I, my faithful servant, will now move the rock."

Feel your strength, O citizen of heaven and rejoice.

S
S
MM,

You have never been on the sidelines. Your weapon of choice is used for pulling down strongholds (2 Cor. 10:3-4) and once your battle is in the hands of other, it becomes more of a spiritual war than ever.

Your fight is now in trenches, your weapon is your knees. Because it is when you are on you knees that God dispatches His messengers.

2 Kings 6:16-18

16 "Don't be afraid!" Elisha told him. "For there are more on our side than on theirs!" 17 Then Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes and let him see!" The LORD opened his servant's eyes, and when he looked up, he saw that the hillside around Elisha was filled with horses and chariots of fire.

18 As the Aramean army advanced toward them, Elisha prayed, "O LORD, please make them blind." And the LORD did as Elisha asked.

You are well armed my friend.

S&C

No man likes to have his intelligence or good faith questioned, especially if he has doubts about it himself. - Henry Brooks Adams
F
F
Folks, it is truly out of my hands now. And I can hear the Enemy trying to sow seeds of doubt in my mind. The attack is fierce tonight. Satan keeps bringing up what it will be like for me and the kids if my wife should get custody. It is overwhelming. This is the final battle. And EVERYTHING is at stake!

My entire future. My kids' future. All hang in the balance. I cannot fathom how she can get custody...how any sane person would allow that!

(((((Mortarman)))))

I hear your "human side," and the attempt by Satan to sow seads of doubt and discouragement. I hear your "wish" for the outcome loud and clear.

If I may, as with Job and with Jesus, neither "wanted" to go through the loss of family nor the loss of life, but in each case they "clung" to their "spritual side" and their trust in the one who is stronger than Satan. The "battle" for the spritual side is strong because the "flesh" IS weak. Let me "loan" you Philippians 4:13, Romans 8:28, and Isaiah 35:3-10 in this time of trial to strengthen your spirit and uphold your flesh. God IS in control. He IS our refuge. NOTHING happens without God allowing it to happen in his omniscience.

Know, too, that many are praying for you, your children, and for your wife during this time, that the Lord's will be done in your lives.

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen." (1Peter 5:10-11 NIV)

God bless and hold you in the palm of his hand.

The passage in Ephesians says, “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints,” Ephesians 6:11-18.

I've never posted to you but have followed your threads and benefited from your kind offerings of wisdom and experience.

Prayers to all involved...you are loved and blessed, do not despair, you are not alone.

F
F
MM, you and your family are in my prayers too.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation