Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
R
Nev,

hope this board remains true to its purpose of fighting adultery, even when the adultery is now an A-marriage.

With all due respect the purpose of this board is "saving marriages".

Blessings.

S&C

Yes, saving them, and THESE particular boards under "Infidelity" are to save them from "ADULTERY".

I understand any confusion -- the same site that supports you in saving your marriage from it (adultery), may also support the outcome if you end up divorced and the new affair couple marrys and comes here for support.

C
C
****EDIT************

Last edited by Justuss; 08/07/06 08:00 PM.
J
J
THIS IS FOG****.

"I hope this board remains true to its purpose of fighting adultery, even when the adultery is now an A-marriage."

bleech.

If you're like me...FIGHTING AGAINST AFFAIRS AND FOR THE FAMILIES...THEN YOU ARE ANTI ADULTERY...

And what is the goal of so many OM and OW out there? TO KILL THE FAMILIES...TO KILL OUR MARRIAGES...AND TO CUT AND PASTE THEIR SHAMEFUL FACES INTO OUR FAMILY PORTRAITS...SANS WIFE OR SANS HUSBAND.

That's like wanting to pet a great white shark. It WILL BITE BACK...IT DOESN'T WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND.

Since when did OP CARE ABOUT OUR FAMILIES ENOUGH TO LEAVE EM' ***********ALONE!????

THEY DON'T.

THEY COMMIT MORE THAN ADULTERY.

THEY COMMIT COVETING.

THEY COMMIT STEALING.

THEY BEAR FALSE WITNESS.

AND WE'RE SUPPOSED TO HELP THIS **** OUT? PUHLEEASE!

Never will I do that.

I AM FIRMLY COMMITTED TO SAVING FAMILIES...AND VALID MARRIAGES FROM PREDATORS WHO SEEK TO KILL...KILL FAMILIES. THEY WANT OUR FAMILIES TO BECOME THE STATISTICS THEMSELVES. THEY WANT AND WILL DESTROY AND STOP AT NOTHING.

AND ME?

I NOW STOP AT NOTHING TO END THEIR REIGN OF SHAME AND DECEIT.

Last edited by Justuss; 08/07/06 08:01 PM.
C
C
Bob, to piggy back on what Shaden & Stonecold have said:

You should definitely reconsider your position...You have apparently been very helpful to others & in doing so you can also continue to help yourself.

Do you believe that the Universe has a "love bank" too? I believe it does..it's called karma.

J
J
I do too...I BELIEVE IN KARMA..

AND THE KARMA TRAIN WILL ROLL OVER ALL THE HOMEWRECKERS!

rollin' rollin' rollin'...keep da train rolling!

CS....IT'S NOT ROLLING MY WAY..NOR BOB'S...

yours? MAYBE.

And honey...I AM SINGLE..and can legally distract the men now.

me:37 BS; s:7; xh:38; OW:26;eloped w/OW 1 wk after D: 12/29/03. OC born 3/17/04. Happy! Blessed to be the mother of a wonderful son..great profession..Life's good!
S
S
Resilient,

If I tried everything I could to save my M and I ended up divorcing my W; then I would not want to be back together with her ever. And if they ended up coming here, then they weren't quite as happy as they made out to be were they?

I would probably would be amused and think that they are deserving of their situation. But I doubt that I would even know they were here due to the anonimity of this board. And if I that sitch hit close to home I would stay away from it because I would not be helpful.

S&C

No man likes to have his intelligence or good faith questioned, especially if he has doubts about it himself. - Henry Brooks Adams
B
B
For all of you that enjoy reading the Bible, do you remember why John the Baptist had his head cut off?

It was because Herod fell in "love" with Herodias (who was his brother's wife). They decided they were soulmates and both unloaded their spouses and married. John didn't have the good sense like some on MB to keep his mouth shut (just joking folks). He commented that the marriage was conceived in sin, and was unpleasing to the Lord.

Next thing you know, his head was on a platter, and was brought to the adulteress.

M
M
Good point, Believer. Seems like all those not supporting affair marriages are being handed thier heads on a platter.

J
J
I do find it amusing and my xh and his wistress ARE DESERVING of their misery.

But it's not right to have openly unrepentant WS here coming and causing pain for those legitimately fighting for their families...

and these shameful folks are here pouring salt into fresh wounds...causing more pain...and spewing fake faith into the mix to murky the once clear path this country walked upon...asking for help once THEY HAVE FELT THE PAIN AND DIDN'T LIKE IT...WHERE WERE THEY WHEN THE BW WAS CRYING? WHEN THE KIDS WERE CRYING FOR THEIR DADDY OR MOMMY? WHERE WAS THE OP WHEN THE BS WAS PRAYING TO GOD FOR A MIRACLE?

THE OP WAS BIDING THEIR TIME...IN THE SHADOWS..PLOTTING DAY BY DAY..HOUR BY HOUR..TO KILL A MARRIAGE. TO KILL A FAMILY FOREVER.

me:37 BS; s:7; xh:38; OW:26;eloped w/OW 1 wk after D: 12/29/03. OC born 3/17/04. Happy! Blessed to be the mother of a wonderful son..great profession..Life's good!
R
R
Resilient,

If I tried everything I could to save my M and I ended up divorcing my W; then I would not want to be back together with her ever. And if they ended up coming here, then they weren't quite as happy as they made out to be were they?

I would probably would be amused and think that they are deserving of their situation. But I doubt that I would even know they were here due to the anonimity of this board. And if I that sitch hit close to home I would stay away from it because I would not be helpful.

S&C

Hi Steadfast,

May I ask where you draw your experience of being betrayed, divorced and then have your ex-W marry the OM?

Or is it all theoretical?

Jo

C
C
CinnamonSugar - You obviously do not WHO that phrase was directed to or WHAT it refers to. Nice try at twisting the Scripture to suit your purposes though.

Ma'am I am well versed in Judeo-Christian scripture, and I know enough about construction to use the metaphor that a house built on sand cannot stand.

This is not just a biblical metaphor or even a simple construction metaphor, but one that is common sense : Anything built on a CRAPPY foundation will eventually fall. That includes relationships based upon lies and betrayal, as well as those prefab condos they are building out in Prince William County.

And to think that bigkahuna "agrees with you?!?" Interesting. So you have "validation" of your unscriptural position. That must make you feel very comfortable, but it doesn't make you right.

If you have read my posts even twice you will know full effing well that I need NO validation from anyone here.

In fact, I am an MB pariah. (Yes-I had a t-shirt made!)

What you refer to as the "Christian concept of forgiveness" is not a "concept," it is a promise of God given to those who believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. It is founded in His love for mankind and His promise to Jesus Christ that it will be applied to ANYONE and EVERYONE who looks to Jesus Christ in belief and acceptance of Jesus. Forgiveness by God for sin does NOT apply to anyone other than a "born again" believer.

And, you are showing your ignorance of the religion and Faith that YOU proport to follow: The Bible is filled with tales of people FORGIVING one another-it's an object lesson amd defintiely a Judeo-Christian concept.

Last edited by CinnamonSugar; 08/07/06 08:09 PM.
C
C
Nope-The basic question here is this one:

Is my pain more powerful than my willingness and ability to forgive?

J
J
S&C, I'm so glad you posted that.

And I would be so very sad for the yet-more-children whose families would be sundered apart if we destroyed all affair marriages.

I do not LIKE affair marriages. (I try not to hate anything, except liver.)

I would prefer that they never existed in the first place.

But I would really struggle when children have been born. How can one act of destruction heal another? Surely it creates only more destruction.

Sunny Day, Sweeping The Clouds Away...

Just J --
B
B
Actually CS, I have forgiven my WH and the OW, and told them so.

However, the choices they made about my life, behind my back, has fundamentally changed me forever.

N
N
Huh??!!??!!??!! Wow -- I don't know what is going on here.

It appears that the sentence I wrote was taken out of context by several posters -- probably because it was the last sentence of the post and those who commented on it didn't read the whole post.

Let me be clear on my opinion .... I am totally and 100% against affairs. I do not, and see no good reason to, support marriages that started as an affair. I consider a marriage that started as an A to be a continuation of the Adultery. Thus, I wrote that I hope the boards related to adultery continue to point out the damage and harm caused by adultery, even when the Adultery continues into a so-called "marriage" by the adulterous parties.

Is that clear now? Or should I type my entire post in all caps so that people actually read it and not take just one sentence out of context? Sheesh.

Peachy - stop screaming and read my entire post.

S&C - I agree that MB is about helping marriages in general. However, I strongly and completley disagree that it was started by Dr. Harley to help all marriages, even those that started out as an affair. I base my conclusion on my counseling sessions with SH and a direct discussion we had about whether leading my then WH to MB (counseling and boards) would give him tools to improve his A. I asked, point blank, if SH would try to help a couple save their A-marriage if it started as an A. The only exception he made was when the first marriage was childless and the A-marriage had resulted in a child. He may have changed his mind since then - that's not for me to say. (Apart from that direct conversation, it seems illogical to set up a system to salvage marriages from the brink of divorce, and in particular divorce caused by adultery, and then help the adulterous couple.)

Resilient - see above.

Nev
C
C
I do too...I BELIEVE IN KARMA..

AND THE KARMA TRAIN WILL ROLL OVER ALL THE HOMEWRECKERS!

rollin' rollin' rollin'...keep da train rolling!

CS....IT'S NOT ROLLING MY WAY..NOR BOB'S...

yours? MAYBE.

And honey...I AM SINGLE..and can legally distract the men now.

The fact that I am distracting for men is not predicated upon a legal / illegal concept; I am an attractive woman. It's THAT simple.

WHY are you predicting that the homewrecker train is coming towards MY marriage?

How very UNChristian of you to wish ill will upon me and my family.

I will be the better Christian here and wish you and your family BLESSINGS.

Last edited by CinnamonSugar; 08/07/06 08:11 PM.
M
M
nicusftlomwydgthoohcicscs

C
C
Actually CS, I have forgiven my WH and the OW, and told them so.

However, the choices they made about my life, behind my back, has fundamentally changed me forever.

Great

J
J
Are you saying your M was an affair marriage?

I only say that to homewreckers. I just say the train's a rolling their way. I didn't persay SAY IT WAS YOUR MARRIAGE...but if affair marriage? I sure hope yours isn't one. I don't know. I haven't posted 2 u before...questioned you...and not wanted to really until I read some stuff today...not really AT you mind you...just b/c I found some of the stuff here stupid. Affair justification is plain stupid.

Karma is...well...karma.

I did forgive btw...the wistress...when she PRETENDED TO HONESTLY BE HURT...AND WANTING TO CHANGE AND REPENT. I sure did. And I feel sorry for her now. I sure do.

Because it was fake. Like most OW...when the pain turns on them...it hurts and they want the hugs...the affirmations..the help.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation