Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Funny story...

I found out about 2 affairs WH had in 2006, I kicked him out in October and we've been slowly spending more and more time together. Mostly w/in the past month, he has spent almost every night w/me this month so far. Well I found out yesterday on myspace that he is in a "committed relationship" w/another woman as of the new year. There are pics of them together and posts about her and her new "man". Needless to say, I have put an end to mine and my WH's false recovery. I am enforcing NC w/her or there will be NC w/me.

The funny part about it is she is knowingly "dating" a married man and putting it out there for the world to see. And she is posting on MY H's page XOXO. Really? What a high-class woman. Like I wouldn't find out about it? I have plenty of friends watching out for me. I really hate myspace.

H
H
I hate myspace too!!!! The OW has a page & I was obsessed with it. I used to check it several times per day. Last week I met my goal of only one time that week - woohoo! Another user suggested I block myspace but I can't - I have a page for marketing purposes for a biz of mine.

Is there any way you can think of this as positive? Like hey - you discovered he's cheating AGAIN b/c of myspace.

Me: BS (37)
H: FWH (35)
D-Day 11/06
Filed for D 12/06 (terminated later)
Committed to recovery 12/31/06
Mom to DD (5) and DD (1)
B
B
what you are missing is she WANTS you to know...she is not interested in sharing him with you.....kick him to the curb!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B
OP Offline
B
biwabik -

Yeah she may want me to know, but does she know that her "man" has been a husband in every way to me the past two months??? I doubt it. Maybe I should enlighten her...give her the same gift she has given me.

Any thoughts?

D
D
There is no reason any married people need myspace. I've seen too many marriages go astray through it. All it is, is an online nightclub w/o the dancing, and with more flirting and notes about "hooking up". How can this be any good?

If anyone has spouces on it, it's a dangerous place for them to frolic.

H (37) Me
ww(37)
Married 10 years
2 DD's 6 and 9.
Together for 17 years.
D-Day on EA -Oct 28, 2006
Second D-Day 12-08....Divorce in Process
T
T
I have had a MySpace account for a very long time. I actually used it in the past for networking. When I got a job working for SBC, my soon-to-be-coworker located me on MySpace and contacted me a week before we started working together, so we could chat and I could get an idea what to expect.

People have so many negative opinions on MySpace, but it's not because of the site itself. It's because of the people who abuse the site. People who are, frankly, idiots.

MySpace has lots of decent uses. It's just not the nature of humans to be decent, it seems.

M - 01-01-03 BS (me) - 29 FWXW (her) - 25 D-Day - 05-19-06 DS - 2 1/2 years Divorced
N
N
I don't get myspace.

A friend set one up for me...I went and looked around once.

It was...er..nice I guess but the whole time I was thinking...what does it DO? What is the purpose here?

I don't even remember the password anymore.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once ~Shakespeare
I
I
My XH has a myspace.

It's set to private now .

But, it wasn;t when we were still married.

Here is the history of his status section WHILE MARRIED:

In a relationship
Married (for about 28 hours when he was thinking last April of giving the M a shot)
In a relationship
Married (the night before the D)???
Single

Really, his myspace was like a soap opera--I used to check it just to see if we were "married" or not to him. In a way, I find lots of humor in that. It's as juvenile as he is.

By the way, until he left, I thought myspace was a college/HS thing. but it's pretty bad in a lot of ways. Why mess with fire? if you know what I mean.

BW-me, 29
XH, 29
3 sons-now 6,4,2
Divorce final--Sept. 27, 2006.

B
B
My WW has a myspace page and lots of guys "friends" on it. I also HATE myspace! I wish they would make it so BS could delete the WS pages

Married 12 years, BS 43(me), FWW 44 Kids 9 and 11 Recovering Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry. Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesian4
N
N
but...what *is* it?

What does it do and why does it seem like every WS, teenager, and other likeminded soul has one?

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once ~Shakespeare
M
M
I agree you should kick him to the curb. It really has nothing to do with Myspace. Anyhow, If I were you I would be LOVING myspace, otherwise you would never have found out and probably not even known what she looks like. Now you have a face to go with a name so if you ever see her on the street you can confront her....or just beat the crap out of her, I don't care if it is immature. She deservs it if she is going to act like that. What kind of woman would be proud to run around with a married man.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 457 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation