Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Well, hubby and I watch Dr. Phil often. Yesterday's show had 2 couples where the husband was pressing for Post Nuptial type agreements.

However my big beef is that the second couple had been together 12 years, had lived toghether around 9 of those, and married about 4 years ago. (should be 13, but they're probably going strictly by dates completed) Whatever.

Anyway he's now asking for a post nup agreement that gives her only her car, jewelry, and clothes.

During the discussion "Leah" mentioned that she had suspected "Gary" had been having an affair. Dr. Phil questioned her on that and she said she "had been doing her homework", and that she discovered another woman was calling him once or several times a day. Leah said, "But they're just friends."

Dr. Phil just let it go!!!

Huh?? DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

Somebody needs to get that girl a book by Shirley Glass called NOT Just Friends!

Don't you think Dr. Phil should have picked up on that? He's not an Infidelity "Expert" I've seen it time and time again. There are times when he's doing a show on infidelity where I think his advisors have prepared him well but left on his own he seems pretty clueless.

This guy wants a post nup because he's in an inappropriate relationship.

During the show Gary added Leah could "have her pots and pans". hmmm... I guess his friend will be bringing her own cookware.

[color:"#39395A"]***Well, it's sort of hard to still wonder if you were consolation prize in the midst of being cherished.***
- Noodle[/color]

Devastation Day: Aug 26, 2004
[color:"#2964d8"]"I think we have come out on the other side... meaning that we love each other more than we ever did when we loved each other most." [/color]
[color:"#7b9af7"]
~Archibald MacLeish[/color]

Very Happily Married
Me FBS - 44
Him FWS - 51
I married him all over again, May 07
R
R
I didn't see the show but I am not surprise. His show director screen his guests and has writers preprep him up plus he has text prompt helping him during the show. I guess he should let go that session's writers !.

Give your absolute best such that you could look back 10 years from now w/ no regret.

Happily Married to Lady Elina - 04/29/06

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,188 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation