Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
I remembered something my daughters told me tonight about being able to locate old friends on myspace. Well, I took this information and looked up not an old friend but the OW. I found her site which she created one month before the PA started with my WH. On her site she says she's single, which she wasn't (not even separated) and that she's ready for some fun. This makes me so sick. She was actively looking for someone who likes the outdoors and takes care of their body, and my H happened to fit the bill. My H has told me all along that she didn't plan to do this, she was neglected by her H and sad. Should I show this to him? Would I just be stirring up the pot by bringing this up? But how in the world can I keep this to myself?

BS - me 39
FWH - 40; EA 9/05-1/06; PA 11/05-12/05
DD1 - 12/11/05
DD2 - 12/17/05
Married 1987

Trying everyday
M
M
If he is in withdrawl then no. Don't bring it up and put her name in front of his face. He may want to go check it out agian "just to see her face"

Block myspace all together if you can.

M2L

ME BH 36 - FWW 33
2 kids
DDAY May 06

Sometimes waywards can be like Laxatives ..... They irritate the crap out of you.
B
OP Offline
B
well her pic isn't on there - I was grateful for that. I don't want to hurt him, but I know that she used him and he has/had these impressions that he helped her through a rough time, etc. I want to shake him and say LOOK!

I don't like the idea of him having any "good" feelings from the A, and I think he has the totally wrong impression of her.

Trying everyday
M
M
Where are you two at this point? Dday? recovery?

M2L

ME BH 36 - FWW 33
2 kids
DDAY May 06

Sometimes waywards can be like Laxatives ..... They irritate the crap out of you.
B
OP Offline
B
We've been married 20 years. His EA started 9/05 through 1/06; the PA was 11/05-12/05. DD1 12/11/05 when I confronted him and then DD2 12/17/05 when I found out the real truth. I've gone through counseling. We've moved to another state, but I get the feeling that even though he is sorry for what he's done, he still thinks she was a good person and wife (I don't see how?).

Trying everyday
M
M
I think that maybe you show it to him. This way you are there with him and after showing him then you block that add.

This is very early for the both of you and you need to try to stay away form A, R, and M talk. Spend lots of time together doing fun upbeat things. Auto shows, plays, concerts, night out to hear live music - just new things.

M2L

ME BH 36 - FWW 33
2 kids
DDAY May 06

B
OP Offline
B
I think I will show him. I don't like the idea of hurting his self esteem, but he shouldn't be getting any from her anyway, right?

Trying everyday
M
M
How will this hurt his self esteem?

Is there NC still? You need to keep an eye out for it.

M2L

ME BH 36 - FWW 33
2 kids
DDAY May 06

B
OP Offline
B
He thinks that she fell head over heels for him and that he was everything her husband wasn't. She was a huge ego builder for him. For him to know that she was looking for ANYONE and that it just didn't happen (she didn't want to do this but he was so irrestistable, as she put it) would probably make him feel horrible. He has always had issues with self esteem and I have worked hard on helping him build it, but it seems that it meant so much more from a stranger than from me, the love of his life.

Trying everyday
M
M
Have you talked to OWH? You should call him and let him know about her myspace post. Let it be his fight.

Now this is all in the past. What are you two doing to work on your M?

You should be getting to the point where OW is no longer a part of the piture. You and your H should be moving on. So.. maybe show he the post from her and then block it and spend time togther this weekend. You said that you two moved to a new state/town. Must be something new to see and or do in the new town.

You need to be building/growing your M. Is your H coming around to want to work with you on this?

M2L

ME BH 36 - FWW 33
2 kids
DDAY May 06

B
OP Offline
B
Yes, he is. The thing is, I have a really good memory, or at least when it comes to remembering things my H has said, and I know that's a bad thing. He has gotten so much better at "letting" me get upset when something triggers the A. Up until just a couple of weeks ago he would get so mad at me for getting quiet, or sighing, or anything related to something I saw or remembered regarding his A. We really don't talk about the A anymore, but I am not an actress so when something bothers me, it shows. He's now letting me get through it and then we are able to move on. How do you handle your triggers?

Trying everyday
K
K
Karma is a better deliverer of such messages than you will be - he knows you don't know her like he does and it has the potential of causing him to defend her once again pointing out all her "nobility".

Consider that "myspace" is used by waywards and OW/OM to attract attention from people who have been hurt and betrayed and also to keep playing "the game" with their affair partners! So please neutralize your curiousity.

The further from the fog he gets, he will discover all on his own the evil that lurks in her intentions.

I know that my husband found that out about the EA-OW - and he had an easier time shutting her out after that than I did. The woman's attempts to break "no contact" were amazing and persistent - for four years!

The more you make her insignificant to you, the faster he will heal too! No more googling, myspace searching or any other kind of research on her. You already know her for the person she is so you don't need to continue researching out those facts.

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
M
M
On her site she says she's single, which she wasn't (not even separated) and that she's ready for some fun. This makes me so sick.

Don't show it to your WH - show it to the OWH.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
B
OP Offline
B
I know that I shouldn't bring her up, but it's hard. You're right about making her insignificant.

Trying everyday
M
M
This whole bad sitch is not about her, but you and your H.

M2L

ME BH 36 - FWW 33
2 kids
DDAY May 06

B
OP Offline
B
I would love to show it to the OW's H, but they have moved. He and I talked briefly after we found out about the A, and at that point she had not told him the half of it. She went so far as to call my H to make sure I wouldn't call her H. At least that made me feel like he did tell me everything and she was afraid of that. Stupidly I agreed with my H that I wouldn't call him. when I finally did decide to call him, he had changed his number.

Trying everyday
M
M
You've spoken to the OW?

Does she have her number listed on her website?

You could have a friend call that number, and pose as someone (insurance agent, etc.) trying to find her husband...

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
B
OP Offline
B
Believe me, I've tried so many ways to locate OW and OW's H. Before we moved out of state, they lived two minutes away. They've never had a home phone line, just cells, and they've been changed. I have another issue with a NC letter that my FWH wrote to OW but it never got delivered. I've wrestled with sending that now, or letting it go, but I don't know where she lives anymore.

Trying everyday
J
J
Bella, your H chose You. your H loves You... i think bringing ow up will be/is LB. i would keep thoughts and information of ow to myself and spend time with H doing things that he enjoys doing with you to get Your mind off of ow; concentrate on your H and M.

btw, when ow/a is discussed, who brings her up?

Last edited by JustLetGo; 02/25/07 10:34 AM.
B
OP Offline
B
I don't want to bring OW/A up, but it's hard not to. Nowadays, I don't verbally bring it up, but my reactions to things such at moments in movies and such make it pretty obvious that I'm thinking about it. My FWH told me that wasn't it better that he not think of her at all than to hate her? What do you think?

Trying everyday
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation