Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
chick's Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Ok, I've started a prayer chain through my church friends in regards to marriage's seeking guidance from God and His wishes. Does anyone else want to join in? Add your own sentiments, feel free to add your own causes. Where two or more of you are joined together in prayer..............Please join me!<P>------------------<BR>Chick's <BR>Bren<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!<P><BR>

M
mkn Offline
M
I'm in,<BR>Pray to help the betrayers heart to soften for thier spouse. This is for those who are deep into the desire to stop thier marriage and also for those in withdrawl.......

Y
Y
I'm in too! Let's also pray that spouses who knew the Lord at one time will realize that adultery isn't the unforgivable sin...My h. thinks that what he has done prevents him from ever praying or trusting God's grace again. Pray that the Holy Spirit works repentance and joy back into their lives, and that experiencing divine forgiveness will lead the hurt spouses to extend grace to the offenders too!

C
C
Let's pray that H love their wives, as Christ loved the Church. <P>And that H will forsake all others, cleaving to the wife. It is the reason God commanded a married couple to leave their father and mother and cleave to their wife.<BR>

C
chick's Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Ok, now lets pray that God who has seen us as a family remember there is strength in the family and needs to be met there! Keep this going, We all need prayers!<P>------------------<BR>Chick's <BR>Bren<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!<P><BR>

C
C
pray for rob heidi and jake- we need it. thanks

C
C
Let's pray to learn how to control angry outbursts. (angry outbursts is an understatement in my case!) And disrespectful judgements.<P>God Bless us all with his peace that passes understanding.

P
P
<BR>Lets's pray that God strenghthens us to forgive our spouses and to put back together the pieces of our broken marriages. That God works to soften the hearts of our spouses towards us. That God brings together our marriages.

L
L
Let's pray for the salvation/spiritual renewal of our spouses and the Holy Spirit surrounds them as a cloud that they see God whether they look to the right or left or up or down.<P>And that they feel utter misery, wretchedness & dissatisfaction whenever they think of, talk to, or see the OP<P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)<P><BR>

N
NSR Offline
N
Father in heaven...<P>Grant us patience... with ourselves.<BR>Grant us peace in spirit... of our minds.<BR>Grant us humility... as seen by others.<BR>Grant us tolerance... of those who abuse us.<BR>Grant us acceptance... of Your will.<BR>Grant us the graces... to protect our souls.<BR>Grant us the meekness we need... to understand Your designs.<P>Grant us Your love... without which our beloved spouses never would have found us.<P>Grant all these...<BR>to the "us"... we and our spouses.<P>Amen<p>[This message has been edited by NSR (edited October 08, 1999).]

C
C
I will pray for the betrayed that their pain will lessen and someday they will feel joy in their hearts again. I will pray that the betrayers come out of their fog and remember their sacred vows to forsake all others til death do us part and that Christ and the Holy Spirit will engulf their souls with what is right and just and true and that they will turn away from their current way of life. I will pray for the families that they will be restored and secure. I will pray for God's will. I will pray for reconcilliations for all of us and successful recoveries.

H
H
Pray that the betrayers harden hearts be softened and that their eyes will be open to the blessing God has to offer if we obey. Pray for the morales of this nation will be brought back to what God commanded us to follow. To heal and bring peace to the betrayed during their times of troubles. To restore marriages.

Y
Y
Let's pray that we will not "grow weary in doing good" but that "the God of hope will fill us with all joy and peace as we trust in Him." Gal. 6:9 & Romans 15:13. <P>Hang on everybody, the Lord is in control.<P>------------------<BR>When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. Isaiah 43:2<P><BR>

C
chick's Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thank you, everyone for the continued participation, I am anticipating that everything that I've been praying for is working itself out!<P>The Lord is my shepard, I shall not want.....<P>------------------<BR>Chick's <BR>Bren<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!<P><BR>

Y
Y
I have already been praying for all of us, and I will continue on. One of the things that has come out of my wife's affair and my own subsequent pain is the realization that there is so much pain out in the world - both physical and emotional. <P>I now wonder about everyone I meet, everyone I talk to. What is going on in their lives? Are they struggling with an affair? Are they suffering some other emotional pain or sorrow? There is so much wrong going on in the world now that it's hard to comprehend sometimes.<P>But maybe, just maybe, if each of us starts to do our part, if each of us works in some small way to make the world a better place, we can turn the tide.<P>I pray for the reclamation of the human race, for a time when honesty, integrity, and commitment are no longer words but an attitude. Then maybe we can get past adultery, learn to love each other and care for each other, and avoid at all costs hurting each other.<P>I will do my small part to help to make it so...<P>Peace and God bless!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation