Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 51 52
C
OP Offline
C
Thought I would start a new thread so it can be edited again.

Today is our 26th wedding anniversary. I am not expecting to find a card in the mailbox when I get home tonight.

It has not even been 6-months since D-Day. Six months ago I could not have even imagined this and would never have believed it if someone told me I would be here today. There is only 37 days left until the D is final. My marriage is 99.62% over.

I think I will celebrate my anniversary at home by finding more crap to throw out tonight.

DD19 reluctantly agreed to have dinner with Wayzilla Friday night. It was scheduled for 6:00 PM and as usual Wayzilla called DD five minutes after and gave the now standard, "I'm just leaving work now and am running a little late." She got there about 20 minutes late just as DD was leaving. If improving her relationship with her daughter is high on her list, she has a lot of work to do.

DD stayed less than an hour, ordered the most expensive thing on the menu (lobster) and brought almost all of it home in a box. There's a nut that did not fall to far from the paternal tree.

Wayzilla proudly showed DD the bikini line tattoo artwork some young yard guy at her company drew just for her (insert puking emoticon). DD just told her, "Mom, you're 45 years old."

Mid-life crisis from He!!.

"I just grew up." Wayzilla on D-Day

The Old Thread

S
S
((Chris)))

You sound in a good place.... do something special for you tonight and DD19.

This to shall pass.

Still

BW me 46
WH 46
Together 28 years married 23
3 Kids DD20, DD17 and DS 14
DD #1 (1st A) 10/13/01 with single OW who was co-worker
DD#2 1/23/02 phone call from OW
WH left job 4/02
MC 10/01 to 4/02 (when he showed up)
Separated 7/04 to 10/04
Retrouvaille 9/04
Red Flags 11/05
DD#1 (2nd affair) 8/16/06 with MOW age 29 twice married and he's her boss.
Moved out (him) weekend after labor day
23rd anniversary 10/7/07
Filed 10/18/06 still seeing MOW
Dropped divorce complaint 6/7/07
D
D
Chris,

Wayzilla makes me cry...

I'm so sorry.

Concentrate on the blessings (your dau being the best one).

- Kimmy

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
S
S
I agree with Still...celebrate your relationship with her...call it whatever you like...reclaim the day for the two of you...

LMAO...then DD can go back and tell Wayzilla all the fun you had...heck, go play mini golf in your pjs...

Have a PIG roast! Invite all of your friends! Drink bad wine and play pictionary...I'm sure that you can come up with some great WAYzilla drawings...LMAO

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
J
J
Chris,

I know this is a very sad occasion for you. I hope there is something that lifts your spirits. I am now going to say something will seem strange especially coming from a guy.

I feel soooooo sorry for your W.

She has no clues how much she is losing, not in just you and your DD, but of herself. There will be a time when this will hit her and it won't be pretty.

Hang in there.

God Bless,

JL

B
B
Hey mate - I know this isn't what you had in mind. Rather like a dog turd and tonic with a twist of lemming...

Stay strong; you're more than she deserves. I'll give the parrot a shake for you..

B
B
Chris,

Let me know how you make it through the day. Mine is coming up in exactly one month and I am NOT looking foward to it.

I might have to retreat to the swamp for it. I'd rather sleep with an alligator.

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
C
OP Offline
C
Hi Bit! Thanks for checking in.

You may not remember but you posted to my very original thread at Just Found Out on the very first day. That seems like a million years ago now. It was only mid-December.

Thanks for the Norwegian Blue Parrot Shake! I need it.

I can see us now sitting at a bar with Colour Sergeant Bourne having a DT and Tonic. Tim the Sorcerer is the bartender.

Just Learning:

She has no clue how much she is losing

JL, this has been the easiest Plan B on record. I stay dark and she has no "needs" to try to contact me. I guess time will tell.

BC, alligators are cold blooded so I probably already have slept with one.

Thanks to you all. Kind of a cruddy day.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
P
P
I know how you feel. I went through a "would have been" anniversary and it was very tough. I wrote the ex a long letter, which was useless and stupid on my part. A waste of time that didn't need to happen.

Has your daughter written her a letter?

She really shouldn't hang out with Wayzilla if she doesn't want to, though. I like her guerrilla tactics.

Best of luck.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
B
B
I just checked. If we go back to our old custody schedule that will be STBX's weekend. Anniversary will be on a Fri. I'm gone somewhere.

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
S
S
Chris, DD19;

I hoist a pint to the both of you. You are inspirations to many of us here. You are strong in the face of this monstrosity. You slay the dragon only to face another with each encounter. You 'slay' people here with your endless humor.

Chris, I wish to celibrate a good, yet difficult, day with you. In your lifetime you married a woman that you truly love that loved you, probably still does. Together you have brought into this world and raised a wonderful daughter. That is what we call a legacy...to be celebrated.
Without this marriage, DD may never have been, and what a loss to many that would have been.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B
Hi Bit! Thanks for checking in.

You may not remember but you posted to my very original thread at Just Found Out on the very first day. That seems like a million years ago now. It was only mid-December.

Thanks for the Norwegian Blue Parrot Shake! I need it.

I can see us now sitting at a bar with Colour Sergeant Bourne having a DT and Tonic. Tim the Sorcerer is the bartender.

I do remember and I expect it feels like a lifetime ago. Sorry that I haven't been around much, but I've been kind of taking a break from the MB forums...it was getting kind of obsessive for me. I've also been really busy with work, new house, and a new baby on the way (end of October). So Schloss BB has been a busy place.

I think I was among those who strongly urged you to expose.

You seem to be doing really well considering the hand you were dealt. Not your fault that Wayzilla is a short round.

Off to build my large wooden badger...

I
I
Here here SL!

I say celebrate with DD19. She is the best gift of the M! Ceebrate!

WTG DD19...lobster!

My 13th anniversary is May 22! I, to date, am not worriede about it...it may hit me like a ton of bricks, but I am going to celebrate...4 beautiful children that I would not have the pleasure of knowing had it not been the M!

IHC

BW 35 (Me) WH 35 DS 11, DS 10, DD 10, DS 5, DS 3 Married 1994 Dday 7-9-06 Plan B started 12-24-06 Psalm 62:5 My soul wait only upon God and silently submit to Him; for my hope and expectation are from Him.
C
OP Offline
C
and a new baby on the way

Bit! Congratulations!!

Without this marriage, DD may never have been, and what a loss to many that would have been.

4 beautiful children that I would not have the pleasure of knowing had it not been the M!

SL and IHC, This is the way I will always remember my marriage! It was a success!

Wayzilla is a short round

Bit, you kill me! You have got to post more often.

Off to build my large wooden badger...

If I have to lose my house down the road can I rent it?

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
You can rent, but you have to be prepared to surprise attack when wheeled into a Wayward's abode, now and then.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
OP Offline
C
Hey SL,

The Killer Bees are a pretty big well equipped team now (M16’s Kbars, lip gloss, blenders, lawn chairs etc…). We have enough firepower to take out any Wayward stronghold. I really, really want to do a bayonet charge though. Those who don’t want to sprint out of the wooden badger (wish we still had the rabbit) can lay down some heavy suppressing fire and cover us.

I know BC will go with me!

F
F
I don't know why you want to go bother that teeny little wabbit. It isn't very scary or fierce looking at all!! It's just a tinsy little bunny! Why, I bet I could walk right up to it and pet it....

CHOMP

RUN FOR THE HILLS! IT'S THE WAYZILLA KILLA WABBIT!!!!!

Chris--

Happy Unniversary. Today is the day all those years ago when you invited love into your life...and from that love came a smart, beautiful, funny young lady your DD19. Today this day is a day to celebrate YOU. Today, we remember that you were honorable enough to honor your vows...that you were man enough to stay during hard times and celebrate during good times....that you were always strong and dependable no matter what was thrown at you...that you were trustworthy and honest and a little bit of a rascal (okay...a lot of a rascal!!). Today is no longer your anniversary, it's your Unniversary, and on your Unniversary we celebrate the wonderful man you have become.

Sooooooo...Killer Bees...lip gloss at attention. Salute to chrisner!

SALUUUUUUUUUUTE!

--CJ

S
S
Chris,

I'm starting to picture John Ringer (bill murray--YOU), and Harold Ramis (Russel Ziskey -- sdguy) --A la Stripes--leading a bunch of rag tag guys and gals to victory, in our armored Badger... I wanna be Sgt. Hulka aka The big toe...

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
W
W
Perfectly said, CJ. Chrisner, SALUTE TO YOU!

Your DD19 makes it all worth it, no matter the outcome. Treasure the good years and the good memories, they make it worth it too.

C
C
Chris- Well my friend, I can relate too, as my 11th anniversary is approaching in July. With things precariously balanced on the edge of the abyss, with a Plan B looming to push it OVER that ledge, I don’t know if I’ll see that 11 year benchmark. It’s a weird feeling and I’m already uneasy about it more than 2 months out.

But I have to tell you too that your humor has helped my own outlook as well. It’s one of the reasons I’m so glad I found MB, because the camaraderie even thru the web is certainly apparent.

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation