Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
HI. I have a friend whose D-Day was a month ago. Her WH is a serial cheater, and she perceives she is done, having dealt with As several other times. The new A is not over.

She kicked him out of the house, which his parents own. She is attempting to buy a new house, and he is helping her. They are both aware that he will help fund the new house payments with CS/SS. They have 3 boys, 13, 7, and 5 (approx). He works for the family business, but his family is currently supporting her emotionally, and has sided with her. She is only likely to get a loan with their combined income. With CS/SS she has calculate that she can make the payments with a comfortable margin.

I will try to answer any questions - and will urge her to get on MB, but she is on dialup out in the sticks, and MB is slow with broadband......

Bring on the thoughts.

foundareason
D: March 2006 (xw - multiple a's)

I have found a NEW REASON!!!!
A Treasure!!
J
J
It depends-does she live in a community property state? If so, then if she buys a house before the D-half of it is his.

Child support and spousal support will be considered in getting the loan.

She should check with her lawyer. If she doesn't have one yet, she should get one. There are other considerations-such as retirement accounts, investments, savings, etc.

Hope this helps.

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

F
OP Offline
F
Texas.

Very good point about community property.

I presume they could negotiate a settlement, and submit that to the judge.

I was urging her this morning to get a lawyer.

Keep 'em coming.

Thanks, JT!

far

foundareason
D: March 2006 (xw - multiple a's)

I have found a NEW REASON!!!!
A Treasure!!
W
W
Short answer FAR, NO.

With his name on the title, he will own half. Not too easy to kick someone out of a house they own half of.

Say he remarries in a year or two, and his new wife decides she wants that house sold and their equity out of it?

Totally bad idea.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
4 members (SadNewYorker, 3 invisible), 1,103 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation