Hello,

I just want to ask for advice as well as prayers!! We just got married and we are having arguments about finances.He has 2 kids from 2 different girlfriends, I have none.He doesn't work on a budget just buying stuff without thinking about the bills.He said i would manage the finances but when it comes to paying when i prepared all the checks and the bills are already due i would tell him that we need to pay them and he would say i don't want to have a low balance on the account.We don't have a credit card..since he has a bad credit and has debts before we got married, and has twice just this year had a personal loan to pay other debts that he has.I am trying to help him pay his debts but the thing is he keeps on buying stuff for his tools that he really doesnt need and even dvds/xbox and buying psp to his son who doesnt even deserve that because he's been 2x a second grade and would always play games and watch movies instead of studying. He is earning more than me but I have savings more than him and I have my own account because my mother in law advised me to do that since he doesn't manage his money well or even at all.Since I started working again Last May 21st we split the bills, he has child support payments that's 3thou plus but also the mother of the son that is with us doesnt pay her child support as well, she owes himmore than $6thousand. We agreed on the budget for food every week but he keeps on buying stuff that he just wants the moment he goes to costco he spends more than we have budget for a month.We are planning of buying a house( we are just in our late 20s) but with this kind of lifesytle we can't afford to do that. We need to save and not just spend here and there.My husband is living beyond his means.I would always put my share to our joint account(his originally just added me) but when the bills would come there's no more money for the bills.Recently he said I just pay the rent, i paid it and then he wants me to pay half the $354 phone bill which it came to that because he wasnt able to send the wrong phone they sent to him. I told him that i already paid the rent and i dont have money for that, then he started reacting.Then he brought up the issue of household chore.He wants me to manage the bills but with the spending he is on his own..doesnt even consult me i would just learn from the receipt or when i see the bank statement but he wants me to share with all the bills. I feel and it's the truth that he can't even support me, im barely 3months pregnant and expects me to do all the household chore..I asked him last night if he expects me to do the laundry everytime and everything. I feel that's unfair because he has to contribute more and he is the provider besides he has the one who has a lot of debts and he has already kids..i take care of his son of course because he works during the night so it's me who's left and even his daughter who goes to our house every other week, i take care of them during weekends during my days off.When I would start talking about finances issues to him he would get defensive and can't talk in a natural tone, it would always be higher...he said he doesnt want arguments I said we are not arguing we are discussing so that we could compromise meet half way,,he would just say he would just do what he think he should do..not ask help from anybody but himself.:-(sometimes i really feel how can i go thru this..im praying and i need advice and prayers as well...

text workinprocess