Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1927819 08/15/07 11:53 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hey. i'm new here. but i need some advice desperatly. to start off i'm 21 years old and my husband is 23. we have been together for 5 years now, been married for 2. we have a 19 month old girl and i'm due on Nov 23rd with our second child. my husband and i have always had someissues but have been able to work them out amongst ourselves. for the last few months my husband has been drinking alot, and staying out till like 230 or 3 in the morning. i have tried and tried to explain how this makes me feel, but he just seems to shrug it off. i asked him that if he went out he answer the phone, let me know where hes at and call me if he needs a ride home. he promises he will and then breaks all 3. so we've been on a rough patch now for the last 4 months...i'm trying ot cope the best i can, but it doesn't seem to work. wheni think i can't take anymore he always promises me he will change, and he will but only for a week or so. well for the last few weeks its gone really bad. he now tells me that he no longer has any feelings for me he deosn't leave me and he wants a divorce. he no longer wants to work at our marriage. and i dont know what to do. i'm not giving up on him or our marriage not just for the kids but i love this man to death. i'm trying to get us into a councellor right now, but everday it is getting worse. he's not even sleeping in the house anymore. he's just completly given up. please does anyone have any advice?? i'm so desperate

needs advice
B
B
Involve both of your families in this. He needs to have someone he respects sit down and talk with him about his problems and his responsibilies. The simple fact is you are both still quite young and a lot of his problem is no doubt his feeling crushed by responsibility. Hopefully family and you will be able to get him to agree to counseling where the two of you can sit down and begin to communicate turthfully with each other and come to some kind of an understanding together. The sad fact is though that your husband is going to have to learn to accept his responsibilities and face up to them. No one can make him do that, he has to want to do it for himself. If your husband refuses to accept his responsibilites you are going to have to accept that and figure out how best to live your life and raise your kids without him. It might take hitting rock bottom like that to wake your husband up as to exactly what is at stake because of his behavior and unwillingness to live up to his obligations.

Last edited by Broom; 08/17/07 11:54 AM.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 493 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation