Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 338 of 339 1 2 336 337 338 339
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Mel,

Congratulations on the wedding. Was your experience as mother of the bride as easy as mine? What an absolute joy not to have to make all those decisions.

Ah... grandchildren... G-ds greatest gift of joy. I hope that happens very soon for you.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
Originally Posted by QueeniesAdventures
Hi Mel,

Congratulations on the wedding. Was your experience as mother of the bride as easy as mine? What an absolute joy not to have to make all those decisions.

It was pretty nice actually!! I did help out somewhat with all the tables, linens and catering, but I pretty much let her do all the choosing and I just pulled out the checkbook! Isn't it so wonderful to see your kids grow into adults?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Q
OP Offline
Q
Oh, my sister continues to live with us and that has been quite a help financially. I spoke earlier that my husband took a job in the district as a mechanic. You know the old adage, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Let's just say that I have friends all over the district that would be honest and let me know if someone happen to show up at work to see MY husband and this wouldn't necessarily have to be crack ho.

Which I must say, except for the stunt she pulled last year, and in which I completely handled like a TRUE GODDESS, has disappeared and no longer impacts our life at all. I know that seems unbelievable, but time has such a healing affect when you can let it.

Mehr, tell me which time period you are looking for again, October to when? What year and I'll let you know. Honestly, even though it's been so many years, I still remember this like it was yesterday. That pain and destruction will always be a part of me to remember not for bitterness, but to remember MY part and ensure that skinsgal never comes back and queenie keeps on growing and living in a healthy way.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Hi Mel,

It was pretty nice actually!! I did help out somewhat with all the tables, linens and catering, but I pretty much let her do all the choosing and I just pulled out the checkbook! Isn't it so wonderful to see your kids grow into adults?

This was exactly my experience, pull out the checkbook. Yes it is. It has been somewhat hard because I'm such a control freak, but hubby is reminding me of our future and how it's OUR time and so there seems to be a peace settling in that they are raised, about to all live on their own and we can thank g-d for what we have.

How are you doing?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
As for the accident, there were 4 people in the car. They weren't driving drunk or drugs involved, thank g-d. But the driving was driving way too fast. It was so sad that someone had to die, someone who has so much potential in life, someone who had an amazing walk with G-d. I remember at the time thinking g-d took the wrong one, that my son, as much as I love him, wasn't half this person. But this isn't my decision, it's my grace to be grateful for what I have.

The young man who was driving is in jail. We don't know how long he will be there for and hopefully he doesn't go to prison. He seems to be doing ok, taking responsibility and not trying to further borden the family who lost their child, but it's hard. He was an 18 year old who just made a stupid mistake and he will have to pay for it the rest of his life. But then there was a life lost and they will have to live with it the rest of their life.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Hi Mel,

This was exactly my experience, pull out the checkbook. Yes it is. It has been somewhat hard because I'm such a control freak, but hubby is reminding me of our future and how it's OUR time and so there seems to be a peace settling in that they are raised, about to all live on their own and we can thank g-d for what we have.

How are you doing?

I am probably the happiest I have been in my adult life and it just gets better and better. Thank you for asking. DH and I are having a wonderful life together. We recently went on a trip up north to some old places we frequented when we were dating and it was so romantic. The older he gets, the more romantic he is.

Now, I just get to set back and wait for some cute little grandchildren. I can't wait! You must really enjoy yours. What a blessing for you and your H.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
As for the accident, there were 4 people in the car. They weren't driving drunk or drugs involved, thank g-d. But the driving was driving way too fast. It was so sad that someone had to die, someone who has so much potential in life, someone who had an amazing walk with G-d. I remember at the time thinking g-d took the wrong one, that my son, as much as I love him, wasn't half this person. But this isn't my decision, it's my grace to be grateful for what I have.

The young man who was driving is in jail. We don't know how long he will be there for and hopefully he doesn't go to prison. He seems to be doing ok, taking responsibility and not trying to further borden the family who lost their child, but it's hard. He was an 18 year old who just made a stupid mistake and he will have to pay for it the rest of his life. But then there was a life lost and they will have to live with it the rest of their life.

Such a senseless tragedy. How tragic for that boy's parents. Thank the Lord your son survived, Queenie.

Exposure 101

Q
OP Offline
Q
We are very lucky. We get the little tyke almost over night every weekend. It is different, especially when he runs and knicks his knee and I have to explain to mom and dad what happened. It cracks me up there first time parent worries.

He is 17 months now, running all over the place, starting to talk, really absorbing things that you say to him and interacting with you so much more. His personality is very much like his mom's, but I have to say the dad is really an amazing parent and they are both doing a wonderful job to raise a very happy baby. I'll say he does have a temper on him, and he is stubborn, but... as grandparents we just get to love and hand back.

I'm so glad you are happy. It gives people hope ya know. I think it also puts a smile on g-ds spirit to see that out of the ashes good can happen. AND I will forever owe my new marriage to marriage builders. I know I might not have worked these plans perfectly, but I did work them. Plan A and Plan B, I believe with all my heart they work if you work it. dance2

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
P
P
Queenie!!!! I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were, and here you are. I'm so sorry about you son's accident, that must have been horrible for him. Yikes!

You've been missed around here so much with your calm mother-earth presence. You were such an up-lifter for many of us around here.

We're about to have grandbaby six by next weekend. They're naming him Jacob. I can't wait to see him and hold him.

God bless you mightily dear lady!

Last edited by princessmeggy; 09/18/11 04:30 PM. Reason: edited b/c my tiny IPod keyboard keeps making typos, lol.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
A
A
Queenie,

Thank you so much for this update. You are missed.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
Q
OP Offline
Q
hug PM and AM hug

Thank you so much for your comments. That so touches my heart. It's weird, I miss this place a lot. I wouldn't have made it through that period of my life without you all. You helped me become queenie and loved me as i grew, being my biggest cheerleader.

I think I get some of my "needs" met of keeping up with many of you through Facebook and so coming here just didn't happen.

Congratulations on your grandson Jacob being born. What a great name. Grandkids just have a wave of evening life out, don't they? You have more than this one right? I'm old remember kiss

Honestly, one would have thought that the accident might have had a huge impact on my son, but to be honest, he is still a 18 year old jerk most of the time. His driving isn't really any better and he doesn't seem to appreciate being alive or coming out of what he did as in tack as he did. But then he is very similar to his dad and expressing emotions isn't in his vocabulary.

How are you both doing?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Actually G-d bless all of us. And may we really feel his presence in our life, especially when we are hurting, searching and looking.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
P
P
Yes, Jacob will make number six. He is my youngest son's first and my son is so excited. He's out of the Army now (except for the Reserves) and is now a nurse. Grandbabies are the best! I'm still very partial to my oldest granddaughter as her birth really impacted our recovery.

We're doing good except for some medical issues (another long story).

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well. It was quite a ride on that infamous rollercoaster.

P.S. I don't get on FB too much anymore-- had to cull it down because of an "intrusion" (long story).

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Hello Queenie. I am so glad that you have come out of this on the other side, and you are more amazing than you were before. I feel like I know you, from reading your thread. There were times that I would get so caught up, I was going to post to you, and then I remembered I was reading a story from the past, and you were better now. I thank you. My hope is that my thread will be that to someone someday, as a pay it forward for all of the help I received from yours and Mimi's threads.

I wish the best for you.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
P
P
Hi, Queenie, I just came today, the first time since May. It has been difficult but I've hung in there. I am glad things are doing well with you. I will be a first time grandmother in March. My 47th birthday is March 6th and the baby will be due March 16th. DD 21 got pregnant about the same time her Dad decided to run away to Idaho. Guess he'll miss out. But I am so happy for you.

BW-me 47yrs
WH-him 50yrs
married 24yrs, together 25 yrs,DD 25yrs, DD 22yrs(granddaughter born 3/14/2012).
D-Day#1 discovered cell phone calls 6/30/2009
D-Day#2 7/26/2009
Plan D 06/2012/WH served 8/17/12
WH left 7/25/2009/WH moved in with OW 7/29/2009
Trying to reconcile 12/30/2009/left 10/22/2010
2nd OW 8/2011? and living in Idaho.
"Dochas" Gaelic for hope which I have with me at all times because it is tattooed on my lower back.
M
M
True to form Vladi was here asking whether I had gotten what I wanted and if not did I have the courage to leave my marriage. I saw that post Vladi, and at the time I simply chose not to answer because I was afraid. And here I am today, thinking you know what, it's not your life, it's mine. So no Vladi, there is no SF between us. It is an issue in my life, but I gotta say I'm not afraid to leave anymore. I just don't want to.

My marriage is absolutely NOTHING like it was before. There is a commitment to us that has never been before. There is a spirit of love between us that has grown. There is a gentleness that has never existed. We enjoy begin with each other, we cuddle, we kiss, we talk, we spend time together. We give each other space to learn about ourself.

We have traveled to more places than ever before. I am not stupid, I hold him accountable to his time, I watch his calls, I read his emails, I keep watch for ANY signs. But ya know at some point it just doesn't matter what the past was. It's the present now. We have build a new life, a new marriage. We continue to go to AA and work our own program.

Is it perfect, no. I miss SF, but more importantly what I realized is that I love this man. NO OTHER MAN can give me the whole picture like this man. No one would have the history, no one would be my children's father, no one would be my grandson's papa. No one would just have one family the way we have it now. No other man will offer me this which in it's whole is more important that one single piece. Albeit a very strong one.

We are friends, we share a life and whether most people want to really hear this, I made a vow till death do us part and I can't leave because of that vow. Because through all this, I have to remember my g-d has my back and he provides me with everything I need, not necessarily everything I want.

Its your life Queenie. I knew this would happen. I just hope people here don't view this as a Marriage Builders success story......

ps... has you're husband been checked for STD's? My guess is he's contracted something and doesn't want to infect you - its the only plausible explanation other then he's getting it elsewhere

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hey Vladi,

So it's taken me a long time to get the nerve to answer you. What I realized is my recovery is my recovery and a success story to me. And that's all that matters. I'm happier than I have ever been in my life. I don't have drama, I have what I always wanted... serenity and peace inside of me. And I'm very grateful for that.

I came here a broken person with a destroyed marriage and no real hope of it healing. I worked my butt off to become what G-d envisioned for me, and left the work to my husband in G-ds hands. And when it was G-d's timing we found our way back to each other and it has far exceeded my hopes or desires.

I'll take it.....

Hope you all are doing well and that include you Vladi..

Q

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
hug

I came here a broken person with a destroyed marriage and no real hope of it healing. I worked my butt off to become what G-d envisioned for me, and left the work to my husband in G-ds hands. And when it was G-d's timing we found our way back to each other and it has far exceeded my hopes or desires.
clap

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
P
P
You are a QUEEN, for sure.

Q
OP Offline
Q
Thank you both so very kindly.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 338 of 339 1 2 336 337 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation