Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
OP Offline
F
friend of mine has a husband who recently became involved in this organization and in less then a year is now involved with someone he met there.

now he says, she has been pushing him away since their second child, now in HS, was born.

C
C
Landmark Education is a new name, I believe, for The Forum, formerly known as est.

est was developed in the early 70s by Werner Erhard, and was very controversial - it was considered cult-like and abusive by many experts. It was also a prototype for New Age-y large group awareness training seminars.

Here's a link to the Wikipedia article about Landmark Education:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landmark_Education

Last edited by CuthbertCalculus; 01/11/08 11:25 AM.

Me: 41, INFP
Her: 46, ESFJ
Married 6/95
B-G Twins
4 yrs recovered from serious neglect on my part.
So happy together!
F
OP Offline
F
little background.

she told me 2 evenings ago. i've sent her this way and we've talked a bit about exposure and she is doing it today.

very brave and strong woman!!! i'm proud of her!!

we have found the woman (not the OW) who is her husband's coach. i'm trying to understand how the organization is laid out.

F
OP Offline
F
thanks CC

B
B
Landmark Education is the follow-on to EST. It is a large group awareness training (LGAT), related to the human potential movements of the 70's. It is the brainchild of Werner Erhard. EST was a first cousin to Lifespring, so I guess Landmark Education could be considered a second cousin.

I did the Lifespring trainings in 1993. While I have no direct experience with Landmark or EST, I've heard that they are similar in many regards.

These groups are dangerous and are very cult-like. It is difficult to get through to people involved in these trainings as they have been practically brainwashed to not listen to anyone outside the group.

Under the influence of one of these groups it is possible to do things you would not normally do - the "logic" they instill in you is very much like the "fog" you read about on MB. Your friend needs to proceed with caution...this is not a vanilla A; I would consider the WH to be under the influence of a cult and proceed accordingly.

Q
Q
How interesting. My WH and I did Landmark a few years back and then got involved in NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming). These were perfect for WH because he is good at talking and lying to himself. This gave him the tools to improve on that sick skill.

I went and actually learned alot and used it to good. But I am also someone who is willing to look at my behavior and make changes necessary.

I would say, looking back on life.

These were very bad for our M.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
F
OP Offline
F
so do you advise against contacting this "coach" of his?

my friend did tell me that: "She was the one that told him to go on vacation and NOT take his laptop and be present with his family and enjoy the time with us."

F
OP Offline
F
dang, my friend does not need me!!!!

she is extremely together and right on... this is what she just sent me when i asked her what would she say to this woman...

> First I would thank her for telling DH to go on vacation with his family And leave the laptop at home. And from there I believe I would go right into asking if DH has told her he is having an affair with OW who is also a Landmark volunteer and they met at DH's first time as a coach at the Madison Forum in August.

He was "authentic" with me on our trip and told me about the affair. I am committed to work on my marriage and love DH very much. I am concerned that the next opportunity DH is planning to meet with OW is the 2-1-5-08 weekend. I saw last night that she is also going to be at the seminar. I am calling for advice on what to do about DH and what is Landmark's position on this type of thing with workers/volunteers.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 570 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation