Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 29 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 28 29
S
OP Offline
S
Morning everyone!Doing pretty good today...I'm not sure what is up with POWS but he has been spending alot of time at HN2, across the street...(horrible neighbor 2)...last night he was there again, that makes two nights in a row...but he didn't have time to see the kids before they left to go to his parents...

Last week, he was there like three times...

Now in the past that would have intimidated me...him just being there but now I can just write it off...I come and go as I please but I do wonder what's up with that...like WHY THERE?

I know that he's eating there...I mean I assume that he is because of the time...I left at 7pm from the house last night, he was there, and when I got back, he was gone...

Now, you know I still don't trust him...but at least I'm able to write him off and go on with my life...

reminder, HN2 is also a coworker of his...

well, let me get back to work...

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen!

Just wanted to do a quick update! Things have been going extremely well in my little world...aside from still waiting on a court date for the contempt and to finalize the D...

I should hear something back today about that! POWS paid me three payments of CS last week plus $95...and as of April 1st he owes me again...

I had to call him yesterday because I started my new job this pass Monday and when I asked God for an amazing job I got it...I love the staff and am finding it really easy to move around in the computer system...anyway, I had to call him to ask him to watch the kids this coming Mon. through Wed. because I have training at corporate which is two hours away...So, he agree, it's his weekend and he will just keep them until Wed. when I get back...

This job is SOOOO laid back compared to my other job...I'm in love with it so far...MOF, second day there I was nosing around in the reports and had to correct a problem...had to call attention to the correct people...and had it resolved in about 30 minutes...outside of that I've been reading whatever I can and setting up my calendar...

The boys and I are doing extremely well...I have been doing alot of shopping for things for my office...cleaning the house, finished painting the kitchen...getting some finances in order, moving some things around for my best interest...

Also found out last week that POWS was up to no good...I mean I already mentioned that he lost his lawyer...well, he's trying to move some fin. things around too, without my consent and well before the community property has been settled...I just called my lawyer, mentioned it to them...he's trying to combine the truck note and a credit card of ours and wants me to sign some paperwork...of course, I'm not signing anything without my lawyer's approval...

So, I have a few things on my plate but life is outstanding...full of joy and devoid of misery...I laugh SOOO much and hard these days...

It's so amazing that when you are in the valley of Infinity all the pain and hurt you are in and to think that it will ever go away...doesn't even bother me to talk to him when I have too....

God bless and please know that it gets sooo much better....

cool grin

Thomas Carlyle
J
J
AMEN! It does get better!

Managing to not trigger myself when having to deal with WW lately too. It's a blessed relief once you've really started to extract yourself from their drama and just let them own it for themselves.

You sound FANTASTIC Rin.. just wanted to drop in and lay some hugs on ya.

(((((((Rin))))))

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
M
M
Happy days to you Rin. Sounds like you are doing so very well.

smile

S
OP Offline
S
HI Guys! Thanks for the Hugs James...good to hear that you are doing well and handling your stuff...wonderful huh?

MEDC, Thanks, I feel really great...I really don't see how life can get any better...all of MY ducks are in a row...LOL...

Take care! When I get more news I'll let you all know...
Rin

Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen! I'm checking in now that I have some news...

I FINALLY got a court date on the contempt charges and I will be there May23th...this will finalize the D also...Of course, I'm asking for an assignment of income becasue he pays me when he wants to and not like he should...then, there's the issues of some more money that he owes me, selling community property with a restaining order against him, and taking movable property when he was told to move out of the house...

While I'm at it this morning, I'm going to confess to dating someone for about a month now...and that's all I have to say about that becasue I haven't wrote about it from fear of being bashed for not being COMPLETELY D yet...

Outside of that, my job is a dream, hard, but I love it...I got back from training Wed. afternoon, two hours away...It was wonderful and I'm still excited about what I do! Official title is not manager but Business Officer...AWESOME!!!
Rin

Thomas Carlyle
M
M
While I'm at it this morning, I'm going to confess to dating someone for about a month now...and that's all I have to say about that becasue I haven't wrote about it from fear of being bashed for not being COMPLETELY D yet...

at this point Rin...if it makes you happy, I say do it. Stall tactics and a drawn out process are the reasons you are not divorced on paper.
Just be careful not to rush into anything and be happy. Whoever this new man is, he's a lucky guy.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks MEDC! I greatly appreciate that!

I went to church with him last Sunday and we have plans to be this SUnday also...that's something that would have never happened in the past.

Tues., I got a dozen roses, a card, an LSU lite up mug, two wine glasses waiting, and a chilled bottle of wine when I got back from training...I was in awe...really not use to being treated so well, but learning to get use to it really fast...he even cooked for me one day and IT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD...

More stuff I didn't get...it really is like having a new life...

Slow...OHHHHH YESSS!!

AH, it's BC's cousin, and I DID NOT met him through BC, LOL...I thought that was funny...must be a great family huh? LOL Anyway, he has his three kids...the boys are the same age as mine and then the girl's 7...

No matter where it goes I'll be blessed just for having gotten to know him...

Thomas Carlyle
B
B
Yeah, what are the odds

Wait, we're from Houma

never mind

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
S
OP Offline
S
EEEEXXXXXAAAACCCCCTTTTLLLLYYYYY!!!!!

BTW, BC...This one's going to last a while...FYI!!

LMAO...Maybe I'll get to see you at a family function! grin

Thomas Carlyle
C
C
Nice to hear you are still moving forward.
I just dropped in tonight. So many new names but the stories
are still familiar. I haven't figured out how to navigate the
new format yet to post an update. I don't have much time now.
Man, I can remember the days when I was on MB for HOURS at a time, this really was my life line during the bad times.

Take care, I'm glad you are feeling better!!

aka-confused42
BS-45 me
WH-42
DS-14 & DD-12
together 21 yrs, married 18.5yrs
"I love you but not IN love with you" speech 6/3/04
D-Day 2/25/05; WH moved out 3/15/05 & back too soon 3/22/05...He left again 5/8/06
5/25/06 Plan B.....NC letter 6/18/06
Recovery finally began Jan 2007
We are IN love again!!!Sept 2007
S
S
Rin

No 2x4 from me on your latest "development"...LOL! I'm with MEDC--as long as you take it slow -- ENJOY!!!!

And I'm counting down with you on the finality of the D. I've still got a few months yet...can't wait.

Take care of you and those babies.

Smartie

S
OP Offline
S
Hi Guys! Thanks for stopping in! CHaCha and SM! WOW!!! What a pleasant surprise!

Thanks for the support with the new R...update on that...My BF is dealing with his STBX...WW with drug addiction...we've walked the same path over the last few years and because of his stuff right now, I decided to take a step back which pains me, but I feel that it's the best thing to do...

What will be will be...his plate is full right now...he's fighting for custody of his three kids and there's some drama, so I'm choosing to remove myself, not an easy task...but love is a choice and I'm choosing to love him the best way that I can right now...

Which is really about taking care of myself as well as protecting my kids...first things first, right? It's amazing what people with an addiction will do as we have all seen here, the lies, the reactions, the off the wall cr@p...

For all of you BS out there, beware of the addict who "appears" completely remorseful, willing to do anything, but when they are not around you...is sneaking off for a binge, leaving the kids alone at home for days, etc...

Certainly can't afford to lose myself again due to someone else's stuff...cause if I lose me, then I lose everything else...ALL of the balls I'm juggling get dropped...LOL

Funny, the difference in attitude and POV I have since I left POWS...which BTW, is still being an !ss but some things don't change...

I started returning his mail to sender, something I said that I was going to do, told him about, decided to wait until I got my title to my car in the mail, and am finally taking action on it...just following through...better late than never...the story of my D...LOL...

I know he'll be pissed when he finds out, just like he is about me not watching the kids for him this Friday, his b-day! Sorry I have a painting trip planned...him getting pissed off doesn't even bother me anymore...I just figure he'll get glad in the same shoes he got mad in!

Well, Let me get some sleep...WHICH I have been sleeping ALLLLLL night! Truly amazing...not every night, but I'm working on it...I have had several nights in a row...stopped my ADs also! WHOOHOOOOO!!!!

Go Rinster!!!! I'm so proud of the journey I have traveled...to know where I was when I came here...like ChaCha said...to where I am today! Making healthy choices for me!

:Yes, I just patted myself on the back!:

Best of wishes to all of you still traveling that road! You all are certainly in my thoughts and prayers!
Love ya!

Last edited by Strivn4Better; 04/17/08 12:24 AM.

Thomas Carlyle
Q
Q
YOU ARE JUST AN AMAZING WOMAN.

I really hope we get to talk on the phone soon. I am so proud of how you take care of yourself. I'm sure that doesn't come easy and yet you are showing all of us how to do it right.

Way to go girl.....

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
OP Offline
S
LOL..you have the number! CALL MEEEE at your convenience WOMAN!!!!

Love ya!

Thomas Carlyle
Q
Q
I know and I am so bad. I talk on the phone all day long at work and I just hate that thing on the weekend.

You sure are up late, want to talk now?

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
OP Offline
S
AH, sorry I missed this one! I went to bed right after that last post!

((((QUEENIE)))))

Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
Well, I sure did piss in POWS' cheerios yesterday! The kids and I went eat after I got off of work and when we got home, POWS was across the street at HN2's.

He walked over to give me CS, and I'm glad I was wearing my sunglasses because I know that I rolled my eyes when I saw him...

I spoke with my Paralegal yesterday after lunch and POWS has rehired his lawyer...and told his lawyer that I have been having all kind of guys sleeping over here all the time...I kind of laughed, told her it was one guy, my BF, one time, last week, it's a serious relationship and we have been seeing each other since early Feb...also mentioned that I had talked to POWS about it b/c he asked...

So, he's just pissy with me, oh, well! Anyway, he asked if he had any mail, and I said just wants on the box...he said I didn't get anything else, "No, I've been returning it to sender!"

Flames, flames, I tell you were shooting out of his head! He went into that what have I done to you for you to treat me this way? Blah, blah, blah...I just told him that I had asked him to take care of it, even gave him the forms to do so, which of course, he didn't remember me giving to him...I told him that he has had seven months to do something about it and I warned him three months ago that if he didn't what I was going to do...

Of course, he was trying to blame me and I simply told him that if he wanted to make me out to be the bad guy that was fine, I didn't care! THAT pissed him off even more and he left, then processed to get on his bike and ROAR off...I thought to myself, if he thinks that when he gets into an accident and seriously gets hurt for driving like that I'm going to feel guilty he's got another thing coming! That would be another consequence of his choices...I'm certainly not feeling sorry for him!

I think that it's just amazing how I completely avoided making him mad because I could handle it to today being able to simple write off him being mad...he did tell me that "he's been nothing but nice to me during this whole time!" I thought that it sounded like an implied threat...not the first time that he has said that...but looking bad, he's just full of hot air...doesn't follow through and all that time I was scared because I thought that he would...living in fear from the threats...

Certainly not a life! Now, don't get me wrong, I still think that there's a slim chance but IF something does happen then I'll deal with it like everything else...when I get there...if I get there...

Like yesterday, in the early months of leaving and being back home, I would have worried that he would come back and do something...not today!

Well, I have to get to work, only there half a day...six hour trip to go painting this weekend...Bourbon street scene that I'm looking forward to doing!
Have a great weekend if I don't get to check back before lunch!

Love all of you guys, each and every one...

Thomas Carlyle
M
M
Rin,

Please tell me that yo are NOT having a man sleeping at your house while the children are home. That isn't happening...right???

S
OP Offline
S
Well, here's an update:

POWS has rehired his attorney...as I stated in the previous post...I did ask MEDC's question...

POWS had a bad attitude last night when he dropped off the kids...to think that I was the cause of that bad attitude when we were together...to think that I believed the stuff he told me and to come to the this point and see that I'm not me, is awesome...

It's so easy to blow him off these days, not get upset when he acts a total a$$...the kids said that he was in a bad mood all weekend...he was asking me about his mail...he finally forwarded it to another address or wherever...said that his box is empty...so not my problem! Seven months he had to do what he needed to do...

I'm no longer his Mighty Mouse...saving HIS day! guess he thought that I would always do that for him...he's a slow learner you know...LOL

I got a call from my Lawyer last Friday, POWS is still fighting me on claiming the kids on my income tax return...so my lawyer asked me a few questions about why I claimed them...POWS was three child support payments behind at that point, I'm not sure how that's going to work out...POWS does get to claim the kids according to our paperwork, but the law states that if he's behind than I get to claim them...

I was a little off balance last week with some things but recenter and focused on me and the God of my understanding and quickly grounded myself...so nice to be able to do that nowadays...

I attended church for the third time yesterday...the first time was with my BF and twice by myself...this church has been "in" my life for sometime...it was recommended to me by my BF's sister, years ago, before I knew who he was...I had actually set up MC there, which to remind everyone POWS agreed to go, took the time off, explained to his bosses what was going on and never attended with me...

I ended up counseling a few times by myself and one afternoon after POWS and I got into it, I called and canceled everything..."I was making him do something that he didn't want to do!"

Well, yesterday I talked to the pastor's wife who was counseling me, I walked up to her after service and the flood of emotions was overwhelming...remembering where I was to where I am today...WOW!!! We hugged for a long time...and I explain what had happen and where I was today...

Then, my lifelong childhood neighbors walked up to me after and my previous bosses where there...which offer to take me to lunch and I happily agreed...So like I said regardless of what happens with me and the BF...he has been good for me...another avenue has opened for me...

Sometimes things come full circle...last Wed. was two years since D-day, I didn't even notice it...that was until Friday when I was writing in my calendar...THEN IT WAS OMG, I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T REMEMBER THAT!

NO HURT, NO PAIN...No horrible memories or anything...life is fabulous and good things do happen after all of it!

have a great day everyone....

Last edited by Strivn4Better; 04/28/08 07:30 AM. Reason: posted before I was finished....

Thomas Carlyle
Page 6 of 29 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 698 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation