Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
I have a new suggestion. Read Vanity Cards.

What are those?

Well, most of them are simply an image, even a moving one, at the end of shows on television...they flash bad...like "Bad hat, Harry"...

Then there is the Chuck Lorre ones...began at the end of the Dharma and Greg show...and have kept going. A comedy writer (okay, okay, also a producer/executive producer/creator) wrote on his cards.

For a break, if you are looped in a mental circle, can't sleep, feeling alone...go to his website (you can get there by typing his name as one word and adding dot com) and read...I highly recommend a recent one first...#210...and then, go to number one, forward.

Is he a marriage counselor? Nope. He's a guy who is terribly funny, connective and a warrior for love, honor and the right to complain about having to write Vanity Cards.

Great diversion...take it in small amounts...I don't want my suggestion to cause bodily harm from muscle spasms due to laughing too humanly hard.

There is no advertising on his website...no agenda to promote...you may not even like his sitcoms...the website is just for the cards...and our enjoyment.

Remember to care for yourselves...whether you are long recovered, deep into it, still praying for it while on the verge, or just beginning to fight an A...

or if you don't have infidelity present--and have other issues which brought you here...give yourself a break, feed your soul and connectivity and refresh. You're worth it. So is your marriage.

LA

S
S
Good stuff LA-- as usual wink

I thought #210 was fantastic. Dead on.

I also enjoyed this little nugget, from #2

"I believe I've spent my life expecting people to behave in a certain way. I believe that when they didn't behave according to my expectations, I became angry, sad, confused and occasionally fearful. I believe these expectations are the reason I've been angry, sad, confused and occasionally fearful more than I care to admit. As a result, I now believe my expectations are the real problem. I believe that everyone has this very same problem, and they ought to start acting accordingly" Chuck LOrre

Great stuff.

I was sitting around reading "Boundaries with Kids", getting a head start at raising a responsible kid, and decided to check in. Thanks for the post. Laughing a learning.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
J
J
Thanks LA!

This from #7:

"I believe in love" has a better than even chance of leading to divorce, while "I believe in God" seems to end in variations on the Spanish Inquisition. But -- and it's a big but -- if one were love, one couldn't help but be affectionate and caring towards oneself and others. If one were God, one would act toward all beings and all things as if they were one's own creations. And that, my friends, is the secret of life in a two-second vanity card. Of course, the secret could also be "Sit, Ubu, sit." We have to keep an open mind.

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
D
D
Here's one for everybody,

[quoteI believe I think too much. I believe I'm literally drowning in a thick swamp of thoughts. No, swamp's not right. It's more like being in the middle of a swarm of bees, all of them flying insanely about, occasionally stinging for no apparent reason. Yup, bees, definitely -- thoughts are bees. In fact, I believe my entire understanding of the world is based on my thoughts, which are generated by my emotions, which are generated by ... well, I guess my reaction to stuff that happens. Anyway, I understand the world through the filter of my thoughts and emotions. If this is pretty much how you understand the world, it brings up an interesting concept. Probably since we were infants, none of us have directly perceived this world we live in. What does it mean to directly perceive something? Well, I suppose it would mean to be totally with that thing, as opposed to observing and thinking about it. It's a duality issue. Here's me, here's you. here's me, here's the sofa. Ya dig where this is going? We live on a planet dominated by a race of beings whose only connection to reality is constantly buzzing, mental bees. We're all walking through life in a dream state that is, at best, a funhouse mirror-image of what's really out there. It makes you think, doesn't it? Ouch! Dammit![/quote]

Good stuff!

FWH/BS (me)42, FBS/WW 39, married 18 yrs, WW A discovered 3/03/2008, my A discovered 06/2003
L
OP Offline
L
I'm delighted you are delighted, SL, Jayne and Dino...

Sharing humor is as risky as anything else...shares something of ourselves. See why I'm delighted you were?

LOL

Thanks for being the risk-takers you are here on MB.

LA

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 897 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation