Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2057699 05/14/08 02:45 PM
L
OP Offline
L
My husband left me with three children three years ago to pursue a homosexual relationship and lifestyle. For three years, I have kept the belief God had told me he would bring him home. I have prayed relentlessly, I've been obedient, allowed him to change me, hope in Him, learned his word, learned to go to him and not everyone else, continued to stand firm even when everyone called me crazy, kept going to church and my job, never allowed the depression that was just under the surface to cause me to quit. My 40th birthday was yesterday and all I asked God for was my family to be restored. My children pray daily for God to bring home their daddy, but they see no results to their prayers. Quite frankly the "in God's time" isn't cutting it for them or me anymore. I don't want my reward in heaven. I want my husband to turn back to God, I want my children to have a dad at home, I want my husband back (the one I believed God had chosen for me); I want the spiritual leader back. I do not believe in divorce (we are not divorced or are we legally separated). He lives alone now, the other relationship not working out (surprise). He takes me and the kids to dinner all the time, spends holidays with us and then I don't hear from him for two weeks. I'm tired, I weary, I am desperate for God to move, I do not want to wait 10 years for God to work-my children need him home now. I won't give up-I don't even know how that would look different than what I do now, but I do not know how to keep believing for the impossible to become possible. I keep asking what God wants from me. I given it all to him. I've let him fight the battle and i've stayed on the sidelines praying (on my knees). Regardless of what has happened in the spiritual, I see nothing in the natural. I'm just not sure my prayers, my girls prayers or any of the hundreds of others going up for him is being heard or of any good. I'm depleted and despairing.

J
J
Hi luv,

My 1st H left me so I know something of the pain you feel. God didn't answer my prayers in the way I would have chosen at that time, either - He didn't make my XH come back to me.

However, now I'm glad He didn't. I'm now married to someone much more wonderful and trustworthy.

Maybe you need to consider that God has something else in mind. Can you hang on to the promise that "All things work together for good, for those who love the Lord"? It may not be the way you currently think it should be. And I don't necessarily think that verse means that everything that happens, is the best thing that can happen. I think it means that God can turn anything that happens, into something good.

God gives us free will. Unfortunately, a lot of ppl choose to live outside of His will. So God won't "force" your H to come back to you. Maybe in a perfect world that would be a perfect solution, maybe not. But even if that would be a perfect solution, I believe that God can turn even a bad situation into something that will turn out good for you.

What are you doing to heal and recover, and help your children recover?

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
jayne241 #2066720 06/01/08 11:34 PM
C
C
I encourage you not to give up. The devil wants us to get weary, give up and our marriages destroyed.

God promises are true, and we can't put a timeline on them.II

If you are interested there is a great site that will send you daily devotionals. It is all for people for are standing for restored marriages.

If you feel like God wants you to stand for your marriage you should.

Do you want to give up because you feel its the right thing to do, or just because you feel so weary?

S
S
Awww so sorry youre going thru this, atm im having similiar issues, i dunno what to tell you i will pray for you

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,365 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation