Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 52 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 51 52
C
OP Offline
C
What a mess this continues 2 be.

So, it's been a little over a year, right?

Yep 2long, the D will be final for a year next Friday.

Actually it has been pretty calm for some time now. Most of my updates for the past many months have happily been about basketball and jazz clubs. We are finally crossing the bridge that most of the BS’s have to face much earlier when they have young children; The children meeting/being with the OP.

DD has always held the advantage of her age and having the freedom of making that choice and Wayzilla did not want to push too hard for fear of that choice.

And now, for all intents and purposes, Wayzilla knows her daughter spends time with an OP and does not like it one bit. And as is her nature, she had to even up the odds.

For what it is worth, DD was in a very good mood last night and I think far more comfortable now that all this is out in the open. At times it seems a little scary how adjusted she is to all this.

She set a clear verbal boundary regarding Gollum to her Mother yesterday and I sense she will hold it. She told me that when and if she does anything with her Mother in the future she will always ask, “Will Gollum be there?”

If the answer is YES she won’t go. If the answer is NO she may go. And if the answer is I DON’T KNOW, she will take that as a YES and will not go. And if her Mother lies to her and he is there, she will leave. And Wayzilla knows this.

And she knows if Wayzilla has to choose between Gollum and Gollun spawn and her, she will go with the Mordor crowd. She was clearly shown this Sunday in the ER.

I suspect they will simply fall back into their pattern of the past 16 months of short phone calls every few days and a cheap dinner every few weeks. But I don’t think it will be much longer before Wayzilla starts dropping strong hints on Gollum that she wants a ring. She probably already is. DD and Wayzilla have both drawn their lines in the sand and I do not expect either to budge. If Wayzilla marries Gollum, she will lose her daughter.

The real shake up won't happen until the bulldozers show up the same week the company goes under, which will happen to be the same week Gollum loses his a$$ and son in court.

Or she catches Gollum rutting in bed with another Hoe. He averages an infidelity every 3-years. He is probably getting the itch by now.

By the way, Grandzilla finally opened my thank you email this morning. I wonder if she will reply? My guess is not.

Last edited by chrisner; 06/05/08 01:50 PM. Reason: Stravinsky was the music of the Russian Revolution! Talk about a breakdown in discipline!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
S
S
We all desperately hope for reality to set in, but it's just not going to. Not in any kind of time frame that will be useful for any of us

I, not so desperately these days, do hope that PWC at least recognizes the need to buffer his personal life from his son. I don't expect PWC will be doing this at all, though. I fully expect him to throw caution to the wind when he meets the next love of his life. I expect DS will take a back seat to whatever a new woman in PWC's life would want, even if that means she wants to meet his son and start playing house. I'll be happy if he proves me dead wrong. It would be nice to not be right all the d@mned time, as it's such a heavy burden grin

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
P
P
Chrisner,

Please, please, please provide a source of your quotes! smile

Pulling my hair trying to figure them out!

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
S
S
Google them, Papa!!!

Last edited by silentlucidity; 06/05/08 02:15 PM. Reason: The day they cut the football budget in this state, that will be the end of Western Civilization as we know it!

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
OP Offline
C
I did not see DD20 all weekend so we had a quick dinner last night. She is feeling very well now.

She stopped by Wayzilla’s house/shack/box/thingy yesterday while Wayzilla was at work to pick up some mail that for unknown reasons went there. DD says it is no longer a small shrine to Gollum and Gollum Spawn. It’s more of a temple of worship. Pictures of them both are everywhere. DD now has one picture on her Mom’s dresser but it is set up with a picture of GS that makes the uninformed think they are siblings. DD said that it was creepy and weird like a TV crime show where the police enter the apartment of the stalker/serial killer.

So DD thought as long as she was there she could pick up a couple of the photo albums so I can scan them and then swap them for a couple more when we were done.

She called Wayzilla who told her she probably would not be able to find them.

DD said they are down in the basement closet, she was standing right next to them and all she had to do was bend over and pick a couple up. Wayzilla blew up.

“Don’t touch the photo albums! We will NEGOTIATE that later! You won’t bring them back and they are all that I have left!”

Huh? Negotiate? “All that I have left?”

It got uglier and they hung up on each other. DD said that she is just mean and angry all the time now and is having a hard time being the fake actress to cover it up anymore.

And here I thought she got everything she ever wanted.

Sucks to be a wayward.

Last edited by chrisner; 06/10/08 10:31 AM. Reason: A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
B
B
I know if I had a basement with a closet, that's where I would keep my most precious photos.

I think it's time to start a petition to bring back the eye roll.

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
S
S
“Don’t touch the photo albums! We will NEGOTIATE that later! You won’t bring them back and they are all that I have left!”

Awww, poow baby. All she has left.

You know what I have to say to her little dramatic tyrade. (a la Edena from AbFab) Awwww, squish squish, dahling. Squish squish.

What a bunch of hooey!

I also would like to place my name on the petition for the rolley eye icon. It was one of my favorites, may it rest in peace.

I gotta tell ya, if it were me, standing above MY most precious memories in my mother's basement, I would have told her F-off and taken them anyway. Take ME to court, you crazy old broad! I know, easier said than done.

Last edited by silentlucidity; 06/10/08 11:01 AM. Reason: Ooo, she's so cold, sweetie! I'll just bet she has her period in cubes.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
I know if I had a basement with a closet, that's where I would keep my most precious photos.

It's probably just temporary. You know, until she gets a chance to bury them in the back yard.

Count me in on the eye roll. I'm confident that Fox will want to sign up as well--she was the master of its use.

P
P
My mother married a man with kids. He's a good guy. They are good kids.

I didn't respond well, however, to seeing my pictures mixed in with his kids pictures.

Silly, I know, but it was shocking at first.

I brought it up to my mom and told her that I didn't like being forced to feel like we were all one big happy family when we weren't.

I would have had a much stronger response if it had been my dad doing that.

OW's picture had a way of being put face down on the mantle when we visited his house. Don't know how such things happen?

Her reaction to the picture thing was weird. Memories of what? She walked away from everything.

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
C
OP Offline
C

Yep,

I can see her now down in her dark basement closet in the middle of the night, cradling her precious photo albums, wearing a twisted thong snagged on her belly button ring, swaying back and forth sobbing, “It's all I have left!! WHHHHhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!”

Last edited by chrisner; 06/10/08 02:39 PM. Reason: I want total sensory deprivation and back-up drugs.

W
W

DARN!!! I know better than to come in here as I'm taking a drink of pop.

Now, I'm going to have to log off again and clean my screen.

Fox

S
S
What a maroon!

Last edited by silentlucidity; 06/10/08 03:11 PM. Reason: Darling... because she started young. When other kids were playing pin the donkey, Patsy was lookin' for a vein.'

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
Originally Posted by chrisner

Yep,

I can see her now down in her dark basement closet in the middle of the night, cradling her precious photo albums, wearing a twisted thong snagged on her belly button ring, swaying back and forth sobbing, “It's all I have left!! WHHHHhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!”

Shows to go ya that it's the best bridge-burners out there who cling the hardest 2 the last vestiges of char they leave in their wake.

Funny about the basement closet, though!

My dad remarried after my mom died. His new wife wasn't an OW by any means, but she was rather peculiar. It was weird seeing our pics and her kids pics all over her house.

I can imagine it's orders of magni2de stranger when infidelity causes the split.

-ol' 2long

Last edited by 2long; 06/10/08 03:15 PM. Reason: I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter. - Gabby Johnson
B
B

And here I thought she got everything she ever wanted

As Pep would say, EGG-ZACTLY! I said this to Drac about a year ago. He didn't want DD coming to the Memorial bar-b-que for my nephew. I told him "You have gotten EVERYTHING you wanted. Your 'freedom', your boat, your 4-wheelers, your money, your women. All I am asking is to have DD with me and not at the lake with your 'girlfriend'. DD needs to be with me & my family right now. Isn't it enough that you've gotten everything you wanted?"

And you know what, it's NEVER enough. It will never BE enough. Not until they face what's broken inside them and take steps to fix that first.

The worst part is that our DD's are the ones that will continue suffer the most as a result of their wayward, selfish ways.

The good news is that you have done an amazing self recovery. You have a great support in DGS. You are a GREAT dad. DD20 has a great head on her shoulders. YOU 2 will be just fine.

Meanwhile, the bulldozers are warming up to cut that path to make way for the Karma bus arrival!

Last edited by Bugsmom; 06/11/08 07:40 AM. Reason: You want the truth? You can't HANDLE the truth!!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
W
W
I agree 100% that your DD should set clear boundaries with her mother and also tells her if she feels that her mother has neglected her, for example that day in the ER.
A letter is good, easier to keep in mind than a conversation.

But I feel uncomfortable when an adult refers to a small child as "spawn". Is that really necessary? The boy did not choose this and he is probably also hurt by the affair. Your DD is old enough to understand what is happening and she can choose not to be a part of it but I don't think the boy has a chance.

IMHO /Why

C
OP Offline
C
Hi Why. You’re right. It is insensitive and I apologize to all who may have been offended.

Well I am officially done with all of the “firsts”. The divorce has been final for one year today. Did that ever go by fast! There is no particular reflection or anything, just another day in the life of an old single guy.

The Jimmy Hoffa Plan B continues in blissful peace. Wayzilla must have thought better of it and snuck back out of the perimeter wire. No more pings. She does not seem to have much need for DD20 either since DD told her she will not meet Gollum. Outside of ranting at her over the photo albums, they have not spoken.

I have a basketball camp all next week and the following week we take 2-teams up to the U of Wyoming for team camp. Each team will play at least 10-games. DD will coach the B-team. It should be fun and I get to spend four full days with DD.

I won’t get to see DD this weekend however so we went to lunch yesterday and she gave me her Father’s Day card and bought me this little tiny iPod Shuffle thingy. If a fifty cent piece were a rectangle, that’s how small this thing is. Now if I can figure it out, I can load it up with several hours of jazz and classical. Well and Santana, Springsteen, Chicago, War, Tower of Power, Grateful Dead….. ummm….and more.

I put the Father’s Day card next to the Mother’s Day card she got me on my Grandmother’s buffet.

Have a great Father’s Day MBers!

Last edited by chrisner; 06/13/08 10:37 AM. Reason: Black matter is dragging us all towards eternal dalmatian... And before long we will all be cloned and turned into sheep. So, to avoid this fate, I am being picked up by a spaceship that is hidden in the tail of an approaching comet.

P
P
I put the Father’s Day card next to the Mother’s Day card she got me on my Grandmother’s buffet.

Your daughter just continues to amaze me. I think the quote above says clearly what she feels about you. Wayzilla's an idiot to throw away such a treasure.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
I've had the privilege of meeting DD - she is beautiful - smart - wize beyond her years - and funny too !

I mean it when I say

privilege

WaySillyZilla has forfeited that privilege - what a mistake !

Pep

S
S
Again, I say...
WHAT A MAROON

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
J
J
Happy Father's Day to you too Chris, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Your DD is an amazing gal just from what I've read here.

You are truly blessed, and leading that 'charmed life' we all look to get to one of these days.

Maybe I need a map to the dark side of Pluto..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Page 30 of 52 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation