Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
Krazy71 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
BH75,

I think you are handling things very well so far.

Last edited by Maverick_mb; 07/01/08 07:34 PM. Reason: profane

Divorced
M
M
Originally Posted by Krazy71
BH75,

I think you are handling things very well so far.

Well said, Krazy ... and I concur with every word you posted.

Given the realities of these circumstances, it is almost laughable to hear some of the "hopeful" guideance being offered around here.

It's very refreshing to see a strong BH who is willing to stand up for his own SELF-RESPECT, whether he recovers his M or not.

Last edited by Maverick_mb; 07/01/08 07:38 PM. Reason: removing quote of removed post
K
K
While I do believe we must cooperate with God rather than expect Him to do "quick fixes", I think it's more than a little disingenuous for you guys to come onto a Christian website and scoff at God or Christian beliefs.

Folks:

I'm not religious, but bh75 is. How's about we try 2 work with him using the common 2ls and beliefs (such that there are any) that apply in dealing with infidelity.

kir:

This is not a Christian website.

-ol' 2long

K
Krazy71 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
**edit**

Last edited by Revera; 07/01/08 11:14 AM. Reason: harassment

Divorced
M
M

While I agree that the religious talk goes a bit overboard with FH FREQUENTLY, I seem to remember reading that the Harley's actually DO consider this a Christian website.

K
K
Originally Posted by 2long
Folks:

I'm not religious, but bh75 is. How's about we try 2 work with him using the common 2ls and beliefs (such that there are any) that apply in dealing with infidelity.

kir:

-ol' 2long

According to the Harleys it is. Not much use in me arguing the point, but I think I'll take their word for it.

medc, kir:

Really!? I never thought of it as such. Though I certainly realize that the Harleys are Christians.

I've always thought that people of all faiths, or lack thereof, were welcome here.

I would think that a "Christian website" would be for Christians alone - or at 'best' for believers and the occasional non-believer willing and interested in becoming a believer.

I'm not interested in becoming a "believer." BTDT, wore out the T-shirt.

-ol' 2long

M
M
I've always thought that people of all faiths, or lack thereof, were welcome here.

I would think that a "Christian website" would be for Christians alone - or at 'best' for believers and the occasional non-believer willing and interested in becoming a believer.

I am NOT sure why you would think only Christians would be here 2Long. It is a Christian-based site to help marriages...while the foundation may be Christian, the principles can help many.

K
K
2long, yes, non-Christians ARE welcome here by the Harleys. But it would be disrespectful to mock their beliefs when on their turf; a little like accepting an invitation to a friend's home then belittling their politics over dinner.

It wouldn't be the end of the world, but would show a lack of manners.

K
K
Originally Posted by medc

I am NOT sure why you would think only Christians would be here 2Long. It is a Christian-based site to help marriages...while the foundation may be Christian, the principles can help many.

Exactly!

P
P
While I do believe we must cooperate with God rather than expect Him to do "quick fixes", I think it's more than a little disingenuous for you guys to come onto a Christian website and scoff at God or Christian beliefs.

I agree 1000 percent!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
[quote][/quote]

This is the most disgusting and appalling statement I've ever read on MB. What about the pain that "CHILD" suffered, for me, and yes, even for you KRAZY.

Last edited by Maverick_mb; 07/01/08 07:40 PM. Reason: removing quote of removed post

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
R
R
Folks, lets stay away from the Christian bashing and focus on helping BH. Thanks...

Revera01@aol.com
K
Krazy71 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
**edit**

Last edited by Revera; 07/01/08 11:21 AM. Reason: harassment

Divorced
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

I agree 1000 percent!

Oh yeah?? Well, I disgree a googolplex percent!!

This is silly. I've known that the Harleys are Chirstian since I first came here. I've had interactions wtih Christians, Jews, Muslims Buddhists, herds of other religions, and atheists and agnostics, and have never felt dissed in any way for not being a Christian on a site founded and run by people who are Christian...

-ol' 2long

P
P
and have never felt dissed in any way for not being a Christian on a site founded and run by people who are Christian...

So why the need to diss those who are? KRAZY could have gone all day, or the rest of his life, without making such an offensive (to Christians) statement.

R
R
Folks, lets get back to helping BH! I don't want to have to lock this thread.

Revera01@aol.com
F
F
I didn't ask for any sacrifice.

THAT was the point, Krazy. None of us did. God did it for us anyway to make reconcilation with Him possible.

But He won't "force" even you to accept the offered gift.

Love is like that.

The response TO being loved is not always what is hoped for, but we do it anyway because that IS love.

F
F
Revera, don't you DARE lock this thread because a few have chosen to bash belief in God.

BH will make up his own mind as to what advice to listen to and what to ignore. But if you want to intervene, feel free to edit the "bashing" posts as you see fit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation