If Christianity is right, it is our duty to bring more people to salvation. ****edit*****.

Just my opinion.

****edit******.

If Christianity is right, it is our duty to bring more people to salvation.

There is no "if" about it for born again believers, Christianity is right. And WHAT "makes a Christian a Christian" is vital to it. It is what GOD said "makes one a Christian," not the musing of any belief that is antithetical to who Jesus Christ really is.

It is NOT our duty to "bring more people to salvation," it is our duty as servants of the Lord to humbly obey His commands, among which are to testify FOR Him (the REAL Him, not some "made up Him), to defend the Christian faith from heretical ideas that would potentially lead people AWAY from a saving faith in THE real Jesus Christ, and to "plant seeds" that God can grow. It is GOD, not us, who brings people to salvation.

***********edit*********

That is your opinion and is based in your own refusal to STAND on the Word of God. You hide behind nice sounding phrases of "I may not agree with what you believe, but I "tolerate" and "respect" you and can "learn from you."

Wonderful. "Easy believism." Faith is "relative" and you have NO desire to bring anyone to a saving faith in the ONE TRUE LORD AND SAVIOR who, without THAT Jesus, will not save anyone.

***********edit*********
Chuck is right in that quote, but the "line is drawn" not on "difficult doctrinal matters (i.e. "disputable matters") but on INDISPUTABLE ISSUES, and the Diety of Christ IS one of those indisputable issues.

I "expect" unbelievers to "lash out." The message of Christ IS "offensive." "Believe in me or you WILL die eternally." The human sin nature doesn't want to hear that it is wrong, anymore than a Wayward Spouse wants to hear that their chosen "belief" is wrong. ***edit****

****edit***it is not, nor has it ever been, my "objective" to "bring more people to salvation" on MB.
My objective IS and always has been to be obedient to God, and to "comfort others with the same comfort you received from God in your own 'hour of need'." My "objective" for other believers is to "remind us" of God's promises to us, especially when we are in the midst of extreme trial and tribulation in our lives. IT is NOT, as you frequently do, to call Wayward Spouse's a "POS" and recommend tossing them out forthwith (and that doesn't seem to sit too well with Chuck Smith's quotation you used either).

You simply don't "like it" that I BELIEVE 2 Timothy 3:16, especially not the "rebuke" and "correct" part that DOES SO WITH THE SCRIPTURE and not "mere opinion" or "dastardly purpose" of some twisted "intent."

What you want is "peace at any cost." That is the same driving force behind the ecumenical movement, and it's disastrous from a surrendering of basic fundamental beliefs in order to accommodate "peace."

Being part of the largest non denominational Christian church in the country, I can say that IF Christianity were presented to the masses the way that it has been by FH that more people would be turned away from Christ than towards Him.

Okay, then I guess I stand in "fairly good company."

"Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, "Does this offend you? What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are Spirit and they are life. Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him." From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him. "You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the Twelve. Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God." (John 6:61-69, emphasis added)

Last edited by JustUss; 07/15/08 11:05 AM. Reason: TOS Violation