Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
Krazy71 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Also, keep in mind that Texans picked George W. Bush to be their governor.

That may be a plus or a minus to you, but it's a fact. laugh

Divorced
R
R
Dallas Morning News reported this last weekend - 49K new jobs created in the state in June. Unemployment rate is 4.6%. 500 people (legal) are moving here per week. Almost like the great Michigan migration of 1979.

Me:52
W: 52
Married: 32 yrs
2 Sons (29 & 23)
1 Dtr (20)
1 GDtr (2.5) precious little girl
J
J
Originally Posted by Krazy71

It's better than Massachusetts electing Ted "The Swimmer" Kennedy and John "Golddigger" Kerry as Senators.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
B
B
I live in Houston and housing is very very reasonable here compared to other places. My house is almost 3000 sq feet and I paid $150,000 for it new 9 years ago. Its current appraised value is $225,000 because of upgrades I have made to it. I can still buy my exact same house in a new development for $150,000. My sister's house is Chicago which is not nearly as large as mine cost them close to $300,000. My brother's house in a very ritzy suburb of Cleveland cost him $350,000 for 500 sq feet more than I have. It is a buyers market here in TX.

P
P
It is a buyers market here in TX

No lie. It's definitely pretty much name your own price, terms, etc. Lots of folks in foreclosure though... at least in the DFW area. All those balloons are starting to pop.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
K
Krazy71 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by jmwc95

It's better than Massachusetts electing Ted "The Swimmer" Kennedy and John "Golddigger" Kerry as Senators.

Hey, last I knew, neither of those guys were directly responsible for killing 4,000 US troops, and Kerry may have even saved a few.

Divorced
M
M
Hey, last I knew, neither of those guys were directly responsible for killing 4,000 US troops, and Kerry may have even saved a few.

nope, just a million plus babies every year.

K
Krazy71 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by medc

nope, just a million plus babies every year.

Wow...those two guys did that? That's terrible!

But seriously, Bush had a Republican-controlled Congress for several years...nothing was done.

Divorced
M
M
perhaps it is time for you to study up on how government functions. a simple majority in congress would not allow for changing the law.

J
J
Originally Posted by jmwc95

I don't think Bush was "directly" responsible for killing 4,000 troups either, but I do know that Ted Kennedy was "directly" responsible for killing Mary Jo Kopechne.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
M
M
I do know that Ted Kennedy was "directly" responsible for killing Mary Jo Kopechne.

yep...and then hiding behind the skirts of the law to avoid jail.

K
Krazy71 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Bush knew there was no reason to go into Iraq, so every troop who has died there has not only died in vain, but was killed by their commander-in-chief.

I know a simple majority in Congress doesn't get a law passed, but NOTHING WAS DONE.

Divorced
M
M
really...perhaps you need to check the news about that.

as for Iraq...and then I will stop this TJ...democrats looked at the same intelligence and reached the same conclusions. They also voted to go to war. Period.

M
M
Hopefully this will be a trend.---->Confessions of an anti-Iraq War Democrat

K
Krazy71 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
really...perhaps you need to check the news about that.

Yeah, well, my W could still get an abortion here in town, and it's as conservative as it gets here.

as for Iraq...and then I will stop this TJ...democrats looked at the same intelligence and reached the same conclusions. They also voted to go to war. Period.

Is that the "they did it, so I can do it too" argument? Does that apply to married people and affairs, too?

Don't forget that some of that "intelligence" was fabricated...Colin Powell even presented it to the U.N.

Anyway, Bush was Commander-In-Chief. He is ultimately responsible. There wouldn't have been a vote in the first place without that fabricated evidence, and taking advantage of the fear and anger caused by 9/11, which was in no way connected to Iraq at all.

I'll stop the t/j, too.

Divorced
M
M
Yep...it's called using your brain instead of relying on slogans and rhetoric. Thanks for posting that Marsh.

K
Krazy71 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yep...it's called using your brain instead of relying on slogans and rhetoric. Thanks for posting that Marsh.

I agree. The Republicans have relied on silly slogans and rhetoric for far too long.

"Mission Accomplished"

Divorced
M
M

I agree. The Republicans have relied on silly slogans and rhetoric for far too long.

"Mission Accomplished"

The "Mission Accomplished" banner, was, made by the WH, but it was made so, by specific Request of the USS Abraham Lincoln---> LINK

The "Mission Accomplished" banner was created to celebrate the return of the USS Abraham Lincoln to her home port in Everett, WA after an extended 11 month cruise. We were happy and proud to return to our families after such a long time away. The average cruise length for a naval vessel at that time was normally around 6 months. Our mission during Operation Iraqi freedom was accomplished with overwhelming success and thus this banner was created and proudly displayed to represent the USS Abraham Lincoln's individual accomplishments during the war. It certainly did not mean that the American mission as a whole had been accomplished in Iraq.

President Bush NEVER said "Mission Accomplished" or the War was "won" in Iraq. In fact, he said the exact OPPOSITE, that there was a long road ahead.

Transcript of President Bush's speech----> LINK

Never once did he say "Mission Accomplished" as the Left thinks and repeats ad nauseum.

The individual responsible for the banner and the person who wrote the first article---> LINK

Proof that he was in fact, aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, and is who he says he is----> LINK

Another posting of the same email---> LINK

J
J
You are still eerily silent on your boy Ted Kennedy. Are you conceding that he got away with murder? If so, then why has he continued to be allowed to represent the state of Massachusetts in the Senate?

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
K
Krazy71 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by Marshmallow

"Mission Accomplished"

The "Mission Accomplished" banner, was, made by the WH, but it was made so, by specific Request of the USS Abraham Lincoln---> LINK

The "Mission Accomplished" banner was created to celebrate the return of the USS Abraham Lincoln to her home port in Everett, WA after an extended 11 month cruise. We were happy and proud to return to our families after such a long time away. The average cruise length for a naval vessel at that time was normally around 6 months. Our mission during Operation Iraqi freedom was accomplished with overwhelming success and thus this banner was created and proudly displayed to represent the USS Abraham Lincoln's individual accomplishments during the war. It certainly did not mean that the American mission as a whole had been accomplished in Iraq.

President Bush NEVER said "Mission Accomplished" or the War was "won" in Iraq. In fact, he said the exact OPPOSITE, that there was a long road ahead.

Transcript of President Bush's speech----> LINK

Never once did he say "Mission Accomplished" as the Left thinks and repeats ad nauseum.

The individual responsible for the banner and the person who wrote the first article---> LINK

Proof that he was in fact, aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, and is who he says he is----> LINK

Another posting of the same email---> LINK

If I'm wrong, so be it.

Between the swift boaters and the completely fabricated "I invented the internet" phrase, plenty of crap flies from both directions...at least "Mission accomplished" didn't affect an election.

Besides, that was just one of many, many examples. That happened to be the first one that came to mind.

Divorced
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation