Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
W
I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you tell it, Charlotte.

Excellent!

Fox

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by wildhorses74
I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you tell it, Charlotte.

Excellent!

Fox

Thank you, Fox!!!!!! blush

laugh

Charlotte

D
OP Offline
D
On the way back I asked Shiny, "What do you think, Shiny? Do you think she's trying to be nice to me so I'll let her come over when he does inventory?"

Shiny said, "I think she wants to get close to you because she's hoping your niceness will rub off on her."

Awwwwwww............ blush

I'da never thunk it!!

Awwwwwww.......... wink

Well, it's a nice thought but who knows, really? But then again, he could be right!!! LOL!!

Charlotte

W
W
Or she lives by "keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer."

What a loon she is.

Fox

S
S
Charlotte, you are a HOOT. I don't think I have ever had so much fun reading a post on MB!!!

keep up the great attitude, girlie!

slh

[font:Arial Black]
JUMP!
-- and you will find out how to
unfold your wings
as you fall.

- ray bradbury

[color:red]
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by wildhorses74
Or she lives by "keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer."

What a loon she is.

Fox

LMAO!!!

Yeah. Well, I ain't gettin' near that!! Uh-uh!! No WAY!!! HELLLLLLLLP!!!!! Get me away from this lunatic!!! LOL!!!

Tell ya' what, I told OWH, and Shiny, too if they need me for trial, I am SO THERE!!!!

OWH seems to think it will end up there. He feels she will put up a fight over the dough. But of course!! She has to support her boway-frayund!!!! LOL!!

I just say, "Bring it OAN, Cletus!!! Bring it OAN!!"

laugh

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by StillLovingHim
Charlotte, you are a HOOT. I don't think I have ever had so much fun reading a post on MB!!!

keep up the great attitude, girlie!

slh

Awwwwwwwwww......... blush blush blush

Thank you, SLH!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Guess I'd better get busy on that novel, eh?

Shiny already picked out potential actors to play him in the movie!!! Uh-oh!! I'd better get busy!!

wink

D
OP Offline
D
I just gotta say it again.

That was GOOD!!

That was GREAT!!

That was FANFABULATASTIC!!!!!!

Shiny KILLED!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That was SO GOOD I feel like I should have been selling t-shirts & programs and mugs and pencil sets and baseball caps, posters....etc. etc. etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh

T
T
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine

That was GOOD!!

That was GREAT!!

Shiny KILLED!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That was SO GOOD I feel like I should have been selling t-shirts & programs and mugs and pencil sets and baseball caps, posters....etc. etc. etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh

I apologize in advanced if this has been addressed before.

Is your attorney married? Are you having a crush on him?

O
O
I wish I could have Shiny with me in Family Court with my exH!!

BS(me) - 40
FWH - 36

6 years of discovery.
Now - one day at a time....
M
M
Way to go, Charlotte! And bravo to OWH! I bet SLAG was so excited to see you!! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by TrustDoe

That was GOOD!!

That was GREAT!!

Shiny KILLED!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

laugh

I apologize in advanced if this has been addressed before.

Is your attorney married? Are you having a crush on him?

Oh I admire Shiny's work TREMENDOUSLY!!

So much so that I am actually reconsidering law school.

Originally, about 18 years ago I was going to go to law school. I didn't. Then I got married and I kept hanging on with true crime novels, and of course, Court TV. And jury duty! LOVE it!!

So I'm thinking about it now, and indeed, Shiny asked me if I was going to go to law school and take over his business for him.

I was going to go into criminal law, but I like Shiny's side. You can pick and choose your clients a lot easier.

So I don't know. Right now I am going to register with a culinary arts academy and get certified to be a pastry chef. That only takes 9 months of night classes. I'd love to do daytime but I have to help care for my grandmother.

Anyway, I figure I can do that and then I can have a job as a pastry chef at night while I go to law school. A lot of work? Sure!!

But Shiny will help me study if I need it and I can even get on-the-job-training of sorts!! LOL!!

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by onlyUcan
I wish I could have Shiny with me in Family Court with my exH!!

Me too! Shiny is "of the people." He really cares. That makes a difference.

O
O
Culinary school, awesome!!! Do you watch Food Network?? One of my favorite channels.

I would love to see Shiny trip up my exH on the stand. He needs a real kick in the butt.

BS(me) - 40
FWH - 36

6 years of discovery.
Now - one day at a time....
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Way to go, Charlotte! And bravo to OWH! I bet SLAG was so excited to see you!! grin

You KNOW it!! LOL!!

I just know she saw me trying to hold back laughter so BAAAAAAAD when Shiny brought up the "loan!"

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Hey, I just had an idea!! I'll send Slag Gray's XW's phone number in text and she can call her up!! She can hear ALLLL about how he ruined XW's credit, too!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

I told XW that she could call Slag if she wanted. XW says, "Heck no! Let her live with the monster she helped create!"

LMAO!!!

Oh yeah, Slag said something about Gray's credit on the stand, trying to get a dig into me. Um, exsqueeze me? HE ruined our credit, not me!! I couldn't pay the bills with radios!!

LOL!

B
B
You should be a writer, Charlotte. I always love your stories. It felt like I was right there in court with you.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by onlyUcan
Culinary school, awesome!!! Do you watch Food Network?? One of my favorite channels.

I would love to see Shiny trip up my exH on the stand. He needs a real kick in the butt.

I don't watch it that often. Sometimes with my grandma. My sister likes the cake shows, that's why she's been pushing me to go. And Shiny, too, after he saw my "portfolio," LOL!

But I am undecided so I decided to start with that.

I used to LOVE the original Iron Chef. The American translation doesn't have as much flavor for me, though.

Yeah, I would love to see that, too! And I would be selling t-shirts!!!! wink

LOL!!

What can I say? I'm a weirdo fan of litigation! An even bigger fan, now! LOL!

T
T

May I ask what your undergraduate major was? Which law school did your attorney attended?

By the way, you're so excited to talk about your "Shiny" and yourself that you didn't answer my question. smile

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by believer
You should be a writer, Charlotte. I always love your stories. It felt like I was right there in court with you.

Oh COOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Thank you, believer!!

That means a lot to me...especially if you felt like you were there when you read it. That's a big thing!

Yeah, that is something I am thinking about as well. My first novel will be titled, "My Shiny Attorney." LOL!! He already picked out who will play his character. I have others in mind, though. LOL! Al Pacino? Robert DeNiro? What? Are you kidding me??!! Nah, we can do better than that! (No offense, Al Pacino & Robert DeNiro!) Vincent D'Onofrio, that's my pick!! He would be GREAT!

Second one is, "Toxic Mommy." THAT one will be hard. It's because of my ex-SIL. And that saga is not over, unfortunately. Not until the kids are 18 or ex-SIL contracts a deadly STD. I don't mean to be crude but the kids would be better off. Mel can tell you. She's heard the story and seen the profile. UGH!!

I have a 3rd one, the story of my uncle who was almost killed by a Texas Ranger. That happened in 79 or so. It was over a woman, too. My uncle was dancing with this girl that the ranger (who was NOT in uniform) liked. They handcuffed my uncle and took him to the river and beat him nearly to death. It was awful. And his brother, my other uncle, was murdered when I was 5. By his "best" friend. Over a woman.

Anyway, I've already started the 1st one. Great material to work with!! wink

And if I may borrow a tagline from a movie: "This time it's personal!!"

Yeah, for me and for OWH!!! LOL! wink

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by TrustDoe

May I ask what your undergraduate major was? Which law school did your attorney attended?

By the way, you're so excited to talk about your "Shiny" and yourself that you didn't answer my question. smile

Yes I did. I admire Shiny's work tremendously and of course I like him. Am I not supposed to? He is my friend, at his behest long ago. This is just his nature, to be friendly. Do I have a crush on him? No.

I've always had a lot of guy friends. This is why I was okay with Gray having female friends. I had no idea he had such boundary problems. I do not.

I know that it is frowned on around here to have opposite sex friends but I will never be able to limit myself that way. I'm sorry.

Whether I'm married or no. But to be fair...when Gray was bothered by my male friends, I just wouldn't associate with them.

But see...he was jealous of a friend at death's door that I went to go see because we didn't know if he was going to make it. He did, thank goodness. But I couldn't even talk about him with Gray. I would just go outside and sit in the yard to pray for my friend when I needed to.

Does it matter where Shiny went to law school? Or any of my schooling?

Forgive me, I just don't understand the 3rd degree here.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation