Because my husband my relationship began w/ an infidelity, he claims that he can't see us getting back together. I tried to explain that he dumped his first wife because she cheated on him and now he is dumping me for a woman who habitually cheats on her husband (claims he is not doing that now) and that I have NEVER even considered cheating ON HIM. We have a long history of involvement in each other's lives, not just the infidelity part. I love him very much but feel that he is justifying his recent actions w/ this woman at work by letting me go. In other words, he again fell in love w/ another woman and that is the reason that I am gone. He has been very cooperative w/ me and very tolerant of my rages. I have really been on an emotional roller coaster. I have a darling apartment now, a good job, but, at times, get more angry than sad that our relationship that was wonderful until the new woman is not being given effort by BOTH parties. Guess it is just over. Seems to me he has selective memory. Right now I am just trying to enjoy my place here and my job. I did take off my wedding ring, after all I haven't had a husband in the true sense of the word for months now. It is on my cross necklace so as not to seem as I am offering myself to anyone else. I am feeling very futile in my efforts to deal w/ him on all emotional fronts. I just don't believe that two wrongs make a right. Doing this to a marriage that involves a devoted partner seems to me that he is trying to absolve himself by acting as if we never existed. When an unfaithful man "says" he can't be with his girlfriend so he must not be w/ his wife, does that just sound like an excuse? Does to me. By the way, there are so many good facets to this "singlehood" that I in no way want to rush back home. However, I cannot imagine myself being in love with or involved w/ any other man. What do you think?