Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
My FWW "Tangled" complained to me recently, saying that I only talk about the depressing stuff about our M here, which might be giving people the wrong impression of our M. I responded that I usually only bring up my M here when I think there's a problem that I'd like some assistance with, but I sort of saw her point.

So, we had one of our "good times" yesterday. I took her out to lunch at a new Italian restaurant (great meals for decent price). We had a really great time, and when it was time to pay for the meal, total cost was about $55 including tip. I pulled out three $20 bills, expecting change, but my FWW took one of the $20's and replaced it with $10 and $5, telling me that she'll pay me back later. I jokingly said "Hey, what about my my $5? She smiled at that, and suggested that she was sure I could think of something she could give me for it. Later on that night I brought up the subject again, and asked her about compensation for my $5. She asked me what I wanted for it, I asked her to surprise me. The conversation went back and forth like that, getting even more suggestive until, well, MiM's sex-drive came back in a rush smile .

It was a GREAT night. I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it as much as I did, perhaps more.

I mentioned her this morning that I got so much for my $5 that I was wondering what I'd get for $20? She chided me for that, saying that I'd gotten my $5 worth before we even started anything, and that the rest I received was "gratis", and would have cost me well over $100, LOL.

Tonight we're going out again, to see someone off from her workplace. The children will be at a friend's home, so we'll have some time for ourselves. And I'm planning to walk with lots of cash smile smile smile

Last edited by ManInMotion; 08/29/08 08:03 AM.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
G
G
How wonderful for you both. I would like to think that is the way it should be after almost three years in R.

me - 47
H - 46
DS 16 - DD 13
H EA August 2007
"Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were." Cherie Carter
T
T
Awesome MIM! Tonight you can tell her that you owe her some "change"!

M
M
Originally Posted by ManInMotion
My FWW "Tangled" complained to me recently, saying that I only talk about the depressing stuff about our M here, which might be giving people the wrong impression of our M. I responded that I usually only bring up my M here when I think there's a problem that I'd like some assistance with, but I sort of saw her point.

So, we had one of our "good times" yesterday. I took her out to lunch at a new Italian restaurant (great meals for decent price). We had a really great time, and when it was time to pay for the meal, total cost was about $55 including tip. I pulled out three $20 bills, expecting change, but my FWW took one of the $20's and replaced it with $10 and $5, telling me that she'll pay me back later. I jokingly said "Hey, what about my my $5? She smiled at that, and suggested that she was sure I could think of something she could give me for it. Later on that night I brought up the subject again, and asked her about compensation for my $5. She asked me what I wanted for it, I asked her to surprise me. The conversation went back and forth like that, getting even more suggestive until, well, MiM's sex-drive came back in a rush smile .

It was a GREAT night. I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it as much as I did, perhaps more.

I mentioned her this morning that I got so much for my $5 that I was wondering what I'd get for $20? She chided me for that, saying that I'd gotten my $5 worth before we even started anything, and that the rest I received was "gratis", and would have cost me well over $100, LOL.

Tonight we're going out again, to see someone off from her workplace. The children will be at a friend's home, so we'll have some time for ourselves. And I'm planning to walk with lots of cash smile smile smile

I used to have a good time with my ex too. Heck, some of our best times happened while she was betraying me. Guess what....they are all a fraud. Until and if your partner chooses to offer you TRUE love and compassion...a REAL commitment to your marriage, you are better off having a good time with friends.

IF she were to use these times as a springboard for a better relationship with you, I would be all for it. But since she has had years of good times and still talks like a foggy WW, I wonder how much of a benefit they really are.

Good job on her part though for gas-lighting you into feeling bad for only posting the truth of what goes on in your lives.

I
I
Originally Posted by medc
Originally Posted by ManInMotion

I used to have a good time with my ex too. Heck, some of our best times happened while she was betraying me. Guess what....they are all a fraud. Until and if your partner chooses to offer you TRUE love and compassion...a REAL commitment to your marriage, you are better off having a good time with friends.

IF she were to use these times as a springboard for a better relationship with you, I would be all for it. But since she has had years of good times and still talks like a foggy WW, I wonder how much of a benefit they really are.

Good job on her part though for gas-lighting you into feeling bad for only posting the truth of what goes on in your lives.

You are on to something here med. My W also tells me that "you only post negative stuff on MB, intro." I also say "I'm just telling the truth."

I think MIM's sitch is pretty much the same as mine (as far as W's saying..."you are negative on MB"). The problem with MIM's W and mine is quite simple actually.......they are embarrassed about their actions and are quite simply trying to avoid the TRUTH......too friggin' bad for them.

I do not force A talk down my W's throat at home, and I need to talk about it, so where better than here?

Can't speak for MIM, but that is just how I feel.

I'm glad you had a good time with your W, MIM.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth"

Henry David Thoreau
M
OP Offline
M

Awww MEDC, I'm NOT going to let you rain on my parade today smile.

ManInMotion
===========
A
A
Sometimes when posting about what is at hand putting in small things such as good points is always nice to hear.

MIMs Im glad you and Tangled had a great time.

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
K
K
MIM,

I guess I'm not familiar with your story.

It sounds like you're just beginning R. Is that the case?

Divorced
M
M
Krazy, if they were just beginning recovery, I would think there "fun times" were a great thing. The fact is, they are 3+ years into this and this guy is taking table scraps and calling it a "parade."

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Krazy71
MIM,

I guess I'm not familiar with your story.

It sounds like you're just beginning R. Is that the case?

Hi Krazy! It's a bit hard to put a finger on when our "recovery" officially started. I think I'd have to say December 2005, when she finally left her job (D-Day was May 2005). It's been a long, hard, slow recovery so far, because we're not dealing with just WW "fogginess" but long-ingrained and established patterns of behaviour that really damaged our relationship.

I don't usually post about the good times in our M though, of which they've been quite a few. So I suspect that the image people have of my M here is a lot bleaker than it actually is. Yes, we've got our problems, but I don't think that sets us apart from other Ms smile.

ManInMotion
===========
K
K
People think I'm one bad day from becoming a full-blown serial killer, so I get it.

Divorced
T
T
People think I'm one bad day from becoming a full-blown serial killer, so I get it.

shocked
rotflmao

Krazy, your graphic manner of expression is just one reason you are one of my favourite posters.

K
K
Originally Posted by Tabby1

shocked
rotflmao

Krazy, your graphic manner of expression is just one reason you are one of my favourite posters.

At least I can make someone laugh!

Even someone "across the pond", judging by the "u" in "favourite". grin

Divorced
T
T
Not across the pond. Up in the Great White North!

I
iam Offline
I
Krazy, if they were just beginning recovery, I would think there "fun times" were a great thing. The fact is, they are 3+ years into this and this guy is taking table scraps and calling it a "parade."

I've read Tangle's posts so I agree wholeheartedly with MEDC...table scraps is spot on.

L
L
MiM:

Interesting the responses when you post some GOOD info. :RollieEyes:

I think it great that you had a good day.

Maybe Tangled's posting around here a little bit has moved your R in a positive direction.

Small steps sometimes. It's a long road. I'm just glad to see that you are on it.

LG

K
K
I don't know what MIM has gone through to this point, but I do know that one good day in the middle of this nightmare can mean a heckuva lot.

Just beware to not put any more stock in one good day than you would in one bad day.

Divorced
_
_

MiM:

Glad you had a good time. No, I am REALLY glad you had a good time. And for the record, my impression of your relationship is somewhat based on what you say, but more on what Tangled says and even of more iweight, what she doesn't say.

Women are complex critters, er, better not say that. Women are complex creatures. Er, No, can't say that either. Hmmmm. Women are difficult to understand from the male point of view.

There, said it better. smile

Anyway, men apologize with flowers, women have a different approach. Leave us leave it at that.

Larry

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation