Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1946274 09/25/07 01:38 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Hi,

My WW's birthday is coming up soon and I am wondering do I get her anything for her birthday. Mine was about a month after D Day and I got a watch but no card, which I found upsetting. I'm currently not living with my WW, but was thinking of getting her a card, but not with Husband on just a general card.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
HAF

Together 10 Years
Married 14 Febuary 04
DD 6 March 2007
DS8 & DS9
BS 38(me)
WS 39
F
F
What are you going to help the kids with? ANything? I would think that your assisting them with something small(kid range) is the most appropriate. If you aren't together right now, she will know that you remembered and helped the kids with it, but I don't think you need to do anything big, unless you are really working on the M together. Otherwise, if you wanted a card just like you would for a coworker/friend.

Good luck

Me BS
D Day 4-2-2005
OC born 12-2004
DS 21, DS 12
Married 1993

May the love hidden deep inside your heart find the love waiting in your dreams. May the laughter that you find in your tomorrow wipe away the pain you find in your yesterdays.

Recovering....it's a long road, even with a dedicated FWH
S
S
A simple birthday card is perfect. It lets her know you remembered and care without being complicated.

me BS 33 H WS 32
Married 5 years D 2 months S 4 1/2.
D-day #1 4/19/02
Too many D-days after that. Discoverd H sexual addiction in 9/02. H sober since end of 9/02.
Our marriage is getting a great chance to heal.
J
J
I think a simple card would be nice too. It says "I'm thinking of you" smile

T
T
definitely get her a card

if you are working on the marriage and do hope to reconcile get a simple 'love' card - nothing real mushy, but seomthing basic that says "Happy birthday", and "I love you" it will mean more to her in the recovery process

me -37 sahd
ww -33 executive
2 kids (5 & 1)

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation