Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
#2163223 11/24/08 04:25 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Be honest, you little stalkers! We want to know!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
Not all of us do. smile

That's like asking "Women, why can't you drive a car?" rotflmao

Divorced
R
RMX Offline
R
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Be honest, you little stalkers! We want to know!

...who exactly is "we", and why do you want to know?

I am of the opinion that women grope more than men do.

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
DS 14, OC-D 12 (given up for adoption), DS-8, DD-5
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
K
K
I guess I could've answered (in jest, of course):

Because all you broads like it, that's why! rotflmao

Divorced
B
B
ML,

Good idea with this thread.

Guys, she's asking because this question came up in another thread. Not to imply that ALL men grope, just curious as to those that do, why do they do it. This I think is specific to married men only, right ML?

What does it symbolize for them? Is it because they have spasms and can't control the movement of their arms, or is it just instinct?

Well? Anybody?

You too ladies. Ask hubby why he does it and let us know so we may be enlightened.

Beam

Last edited by BeamMeUp; 11/24/08 04:47 PM. Reason: Clarify

Me:BS 41
Him:WH 37
Married:18 Years
Together:24 Years
DS 14 DS 12
D day 1/27/08
Counseling 3/14/08
K
K
Apparently they think the .25 second thrill they get from inappropriately touching a woman is worth the risk of getting their [censored] kicked.

Divorced
S
S
Never thought I'd miss being groped, but there's a first for everything.

L
L
releif of some sort?

its uncontrollable for some of us i guess, i do it alot while sleeping.

who knows.

-------------
BH(me) 32
WW 31
Dday - EA/email fling june 2006
NC letter June 06
Dday 2-3-4 july-Nov 06
Dday 5 oct 08
S
S
Same reason that women have turned the cosmetic industry into a billion dollar a year enterprise.

they want to be groped, and men are all to happy to oblige.

All Blessings,
Jerry

H
H
i do it b/c my wife likes it (it makes her feel attractive).

Me: 32 BS DDay: 9/14/08
Slowly coming to the realization that I
am one of those who can't get past it.
L
L
Mel:

I just wanted to clarify what you meant:

Definitions of grope on the Web:

1: feel about uncertainly or blindly; "She groped for her glasses in the darkness of the bedroom"
2: search blindly or uncertainly; "His mind groped to make the connection"
3: the act of groping; and instance of groping, fondle for sexual pleasure; "He made some sexual advances at the woman in his office and groped her repeatedly"

I would presume that you are speaking of Item #3. A man making sexual advances on a woman. And I presume further that these are unwanted sexual advances.

Because if you are talking about a husband and wife, the wife can certainly feel "groped" when she has disconnected from her husband because her EN's haven't been met. And he's looking to get one of his met.. wink We can deal with that issue around here.

So, if you are talking about the unwanted kind, (someone said this started on another thread, I don't know that thread) then that guy deserves a slap across the face. Or, more likely, assault charges. Because "to grope" is simple assualt.

LG

B
B
LG,

Originally Posted by lousygolfer
Because if you are talking about a husband and wife, the wife can certainly feel "groped" when she has disconnected from her husband because her EN's haven't been met. And he's looking to get one of his met.. We can deal with that issue around here.

That is exactly what ML meant. And you are so right when you say that the wife can feel groped when she has disconnected from husband because one of her EN's haven't been met. That particular EN in my case (probably others as well) is affection. H thinks his groping IS a form of affection. He had missed the point that wasn't how I perceived affection.

We are just kind of looking to see what other H's feel their "groping" means to them.

Beam

DS 14 DS 12
D day 1/27/08
Counseling 3/14/08
M
M
If my wife interprets my affectionate touches as "groping" and, even worse, is offended by it, then something's obviously wrong in the state of Matrimony, at least in our little corner of it.

I
I
If you mean why we grope our wives/GF's....because women feel good and it is a sign of affection...sometimes testing their mood. Women do it too but we take it immediately that the game is on, so they are more careful. Its been a while since I was in the dating world but unless it was a GF/BF relationship I never grabbed or groped a women.

B
B
ILF,

Originally Posted by InLikeFlynn
If you mean why we grope our wives/GF's....because women feel good and it is a sign of affection...sometimes testing their mood.

Yes, W's or GF's only, not strange women in a bar or in the workplace. That is the same reason my H gave me. Because it feels good and says it's a sign of affection.

On the flip side, I asked him how do I show affection to him. He replied, kisses on the neck, hugs from behind, you know.

After he said that (I just asked him tonight to define) he said, "Do you want me to stop? I won't do it if you don't like it." It's almost like a lightbulb went off. He finally realized that MY definition of affection was vastly different from HIS definition of affection.

It was nice to see a little fog lifting. hurray

Beam

DS 14 DS 12
D day 1/27/08
Counseling 3/14/08
T
T
Yes it does indicate a problem in the state of matrimony - as evidenced by WstbxH's affair. I honestly can't remember the last time he touched me, other than accidentally, anywhere other than what might be considered a sexual "part" of the anatomy. For example, it was pre-1995 when he last held my hand. I have a vague memory of him stroking my hair once but I could have been dreaming. Affection is my #1 EN, so yes, it was completely absent. Except that he considered touching any female part that I had and he didn't as affection. When it comes to that, if anything it's anti-affectionate.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by krazy
I guess I could've answered (in jest, of course):Because all you broads like it, that's why!

shuddup and get off my thread, you silly man!!

Originally Posted by Jerry
they want to be groped, and men are all to happy to oblige.

That is a wrong assumption, Jerry! I like wearing makeup but I hate being groped.

Originally Posted by lousygolfer
Because if you are talking about a husband and wife, the wife can certainly feel "groped" when she has disconnected from her husband because her EN's haven't been met. And he's looking to get one of his met.. We can deal with that issue around here.

Here is the thing, LG, I don't feel disconnected from him at all. We are very close. But he believes he has a groping entitlement. it is very annoying.

Originally Posted by BeamMeup
That particular EN in my case (probably others as well) is affection. H thinks his groping IS a form of affection. He had missed the point that wasn't how I perceived affection.

BINGO!! Groping is not affection, it is not romance, it is just downright annoying. I think some men miss that.

Originally Posted by MacNut
If my wife interprets my affectionate touches as "groping" and, even worse, is offended by it, then something's obviously wrong in the state of Matrimony, at least in our little corner of it

Well, an affectionate touch to me is putting an arm around her waist, giving her a kiss, hug or rubbing her back,holding hands. My H does do those things. But that is NOT what I am calling groping. It is other things and it is a HUGE turn off and annoyance.

I just wondered why men do it. And thanks to everyone for responding!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Mel..I have never groped a woman that didn't invite it...or grope me first.
Men are not missing anything here...it is that women send out mixed signals...they do these things themselves and never give it a second thought.

The things you call groping would be, IMHO, considered affectionate by most women.

Is there something else going on with your husband that makes you feel violated?

M
M
I like that Mr. W is a groper! blush Perhaps that is because he gives me affection in other ways too though...His "groping" me tells me that "I've still got it" as far as he's concerned and I dig that immensely! laugh

I grope him as well, and I also like to call him my personal piece of "man candy"...And some other even more colorful expressions...hehehehe...grin

I guess groping is all about mood...If I was in a really bad mood for instance, I would not appreciate it, and Mr. W is tuned into me enough to know this...This is likely when he would start with his "you are so cute when you are mads"...Unfortunately, that usually does serve to make me grin, no matter how hard I try for it not to! Mr. W is a DAWG and won't just let me be mad! rant2

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
OP Offline
M
See, even if I am in a good mood, it drives me nuts. Groping can put me in a bad mood real quick because it feels like an assault to me. MEDC, seriously, I don't invite it. I really hate it.

Exposure 101

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mature), 468 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation