Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2163640 11/25/08 07:00 AM
G
OP Offline
G
I'll go first:
I'm thankful for Mike--he was a gift on loan from God.
I'm thankful for Mike's wonderful family who have made me part of their family.
I'm thankful for my own family.
I'm thankful for my coworkers who a year after my contract ended still invite me to lunch, give me a wedding present, and come to the funeral service. These are the best people.
I'm so grateful for my children who are kind and helpful and happy when they're not pushing boundaries and bickering.
I'm grateful for the beautiful world I live in.
I'm happy to be an American.
And, I've very blessed by the knowledge that God through time heals all wounds.
Oh, and finally, I'm grateful that there's a heaven and Mike's waiting.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
F
F
I'm thankful for the 16 years prior to H's EA and the 16 years after my H's EA...once we're positive recovery is 100%!

And, if nothing else, I walk out of this with two beautiful children who I adore.

I'm thankful for grass...without it all I would see is dirt!

Me 44, H 42, DS 16, DS 13
H/EA 4/07, D Day 10/17/07..
500th d-day 10/14/08...
NO RAIN...NO RAINBOWS!
L
L

I am Thankful for the three children I have...they are my purpose in life.

I am Thankful for the opportunity to have been married; no matter that it didn't work out, as I have learned to love, learned to be hurt, but most of all I have some wonderful memories of the times before the problems started.

I am Thankful for my FOO and all of the friends that I have, they have demonstrated tremendous help and support for me when I needed it, and I am grateful.

I am Thankful for all of the mistakes that I have made, the knowledge I've gained from them, and the opportunities to make them right, and be forgiven.

I am Thankful for the new people in my life and the opportunity for me to contribute something of value to their life.

I am Thankful for God's grace and strength, and that even though I was not an active follower for many years, that He will still accept me as one of his children.

"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one." Thoreau
S
S
I hope the OP will consider starting another similar thread on the EN board. Great topic.

I'm thankful for so much:

For my parents who I treasure and love so much.

For my 3 sisters who I love dearly, and their children.

For my own family and their health.

For my friends, some of whom have stood by me for over 30 years.

For each new day, because it gives me hope and purpose and a clean slate to be a better person.

For my dear husband who works hard and is so strong and intelligent. We've been through so much and are still together. Yay.

For a warm bed to sleep in, good food to eat, clothes on my back, and being able to pay the bills.

For all the freedoms given to us that we would likely never have in another country. Thank you soldiers and your families.

As stupid as this sounds, for a vehicle that has lasted 12 years and is still going strong. They don't make them like they used to.

For our pets, who provide us with companionship and humor.

For the internet, so that I can research my family tree. (lol)

Great thread. smile

Last edited by Soolee; 11/25/08 09:23 AM.

Sooly

"Stop yappin and make it happen."
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Me 47
DH 46
Together for 28 years.
Married 21 years.
I
I
Great thread GG!

I'm thankful for my 5 healthy children, they are all special in their own ways.

I'm thankful for my second marriage to someone wonderful, who loves my children as if they were his own.

I'm thankful for my husband's donor, this person unselfishly gave my husband a second chance to live.

I'm thankful for my husband's health.

I'm thankful for my job and the people who I work with, they rejoice with me when things are good, they pray for me when things are not so good, and they me support when I need it.

I'm thankful for my family and my husband's family.

I'm thankful for my XWH's family, they continue to be a part of my life and my children's life and openly accept my new husband.

I'm thankful for the people at my church, their prayers are powerful and they are beautiful people.

I'm thankful to have a roof over our head, food to fill my our bellies, clothing to clothes us, the means to pay our bills.

I'm thankful to live in a great country, I'm proud to be an American.

Most of all, I'm thankful to have God in my life. He's given me so much and I am blessed.

B
B
I'm thankful to be alive and in great health and for:

The best friends in the world.
The best neighbors in the world.
My family.
My career now in its 31st year, I've been there for it and there were times when it was there for me.
My town.
Good cigars.
Good bourbon.
The Dog Prairie.
That I am free to be me.

There's much, much more.

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
G
OP Offline
G
I'm so glad you all posted. I love reading what everyone is grateful for. It reminds me of even more blessings I have in my life, and lord knows, it's easy enough to forget how fortunate we are.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
B
B
Originally Posted by Greengables
I'm so glad you all posted. I love reading what everyone is grateful for. It reminds me of even more blessings I have in my life, and lord knows, it's easy enough to forget how fortunate we are.

I know that sending you Happy Thanksgiving wishes probably won't cut it this year for you. I'll send them along anyway because I am both stubborn at times and always tenacious. Do try to enjoy the holiday as best as you can, it so trite to say that life goes on, so I won't say it. I am sending some positive thoughts your way, use them wisely, that's all that I ask smile

Me: 48 XW: 44 DD: 15
Lived Together: 7 Married: 18 Total: 25 years
W announced divorce 11-3-2006, I moved out 11-7-2006, served papers 11-8-2006. Divorce final 12-19-2006. Life gets better every day.
G
OP Offline
G
Booka, your post made me laugh. It does sound trite to say "life goes on" but I know it does. I know in time, a year or so, this pain will dull. I also know that eventually I'll probably date again. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

One thing I refuse to do is become bitter. My grandmother became bitter when she lost my grandfather early. That's not me. I don't feel life was "unfair" to me, although I do with Mike had been able to go to China. He was really excited about it.

The scary thing is knowing that this loss is the first in many to come. This is my first big loss, and let me tell you, this isn't for sissies.

The sheer physicalness of grief is overwhelming.

Oh, and did I mention that I had to get sworn in as the administer of the estate, and you do that at the exact same place you apply for marriage licenses? Yep, approx 8 weeks after I got the marriage license, I'm dealing with this. I thought I was going to hyperventilate or pass out. I was totally unprepared for being there.

I will have a good Thanksgiving if not a "happy" one. And, you know, I can feel all the positive thoughts. You all are the best.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
S
S
I am thankful for:

- My 2 wonderful children which I love more than life itself.

- The wisdom I gained from my divorce

- All of my friends and family

- My career

- My bike

U
U
I am so very thankful for:

My 2 incredible daughters who inspire, challenge, and enlighten me every day

My son who passed away at the tender age of 3 due to a heart defect. I emerged from grief a new person with so many, many lessons learned

My faith

My relationship of 3 years with an incredible man who 'gets' me

My immediate and extended family

My family's health

My divorce where I found sturdy legs to stand on and a strong backbone. I am proud of myself each and every day. Has it been easy? No. But I hope I have lived my values for my girls.

My friends

My job as a teacher---I so love it

UpandRunning

Married 18 years
DD's 15 and 17

A
A
I'm thankful for...

~my kids

~my family

~my friends

~my job

~my employees

~my freedom

~my life

~my strength to get through every day

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
C
C
my children

my mom

that my parents loved me and tried their best

my home

my animals - 2 cats one dog

good health and health care

my job

the beautiful sunshiney day I have today

my able body

that I know God loves me

The Diplomat

the peace I have now that I didn't have when I was married

my friends - in real life and internet

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation