Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
medc Offline OP
OP Offline
M

M
medc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
what is wrong with these people???

F
F
shaking my head and wondering what is wrong with people? Is a fetus and a young man worth the price of cheap television?

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
I
I
Crazy huh!

My wife experienced the butt end of this when another shopper literally tore the garment out of her hand as she inspected it.

This is Cape Town, S.A. Theoretically more "evolved" than other places in Africa.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
W
W
Absolutely horrendous. LaLa and I went this morning to our local Walmart. It's a supercenter so it is open 24 hours a day, but there must have been 1,500 people crammed into the aisles waiting for the 5 am sales. It was crazy. Like wolves hovering over prey. Truly sad.

Want2Stay

M
M
When people start dying over sale prices it's time to ban these black Friday sales. I hope they have video of that door and are able to place responsibility on the people who did this. I know Walmart has cameras everywhere. They'd be able to even see those same people checking out and hopefully be able to get ID. Most don't pay in cash.

That's just insane.

BW(me)
DDay EA 4/05
DDay PA 6/05
In recovery
D
D
That's awful.

I never shop on the day after Thanksgiving. The retailers bombard the public with ads so much that it is just disgusting.

Then the news channels in our area fly around giving reports on how crowded the parking lots are at various retail stores and malls--not helping the matter any at all.

I hope this makes some people (that obviously turn into raging maniacs because stuff is "on sale") think about their actions. Consume, consume, consume!

How about spending the Friday after Thanksgiving with your family? And eating more turkey? Play some board games. Charades. Anything.

That's what this day should be about. More family time and NOT spent shopping.

Charlotte

M
M
Originally Posted by faithful follower
Is a fetus and a young man worth the price of cheap television?

There is a question that has probably never been asked before....

B
B
I hope they have video of that door and are able to place responsibility on the people who did this.

The responsibility lies square on the shoulders of Walmart.

They design their stores so that an occupant load of thousands of people can get OUT quickly and safely in an emergency. Of course to do this there must be several exits placed around the store's exterior.

Walmart does not design their stores to let thousands of people IN...at least not all at the same time through a couple of doors at the main entrance.

Walmart invited, enticed and incited a mob which they would have absolutely no control over. They set this up. They are responsible.

Walmart doesn't even need black friday to turn a profit. This was caused by pure corporate greed.

ba109
M
medc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by ba109
I hope they have video of that door and are able to place responsibility on the people who did this.

They design their stores so that an occupant load of thousands of people can get OUT quickly and safely in an emergency. Of course to do this there must be several exits placed around the store's exterior.

Walmart does not design their stores to let thousands of people IN...at least not all at the same time through a couple of doors at the main entrance.

Walmart invited, enticed and incited a mob which they would have absolutely no control over. They set this up. They are responsible.

Walmart doesn't even need black friday to turn a profit. This was caused by pure corporate greed.

While I agree that Walmart Should be held partially responsible for bad planning and foresight...their store design, sale and customer load did NOT give rise to a MURDER...the people that committed the CRIME should and will be held accountable. No one forced those people to act like animals and blaming it on corporate greed is ridiculous. It was a criminal act. Period.

:crosseyedcrazy:

F
F

You think so?

Personal responsibility is again "out the window," eh?

Since WHEN is anyone other than yourself responsible for your actions?

How about Toys R Us in California? I guess by extension of your "logic" they are responsible for the deaths of the two morons who decided to chase each other around a store full of shoppers (and likely a lot of children too) with their guns and then shot each other to death.

Tell you what, how about NO sales? Let everyone pay full price for everything? But then I guess you'd be complaining that the stores were "gouging" the people and not being "sensitive enough" in a tough economy to help people make their dollars "stretch a little" for the holidays?

ba109, have you ever heard of "mob mentality" and "mob rule?" From the "nutso bride to be's" that are on television ransacking the stores and ripping wedding dresses out of each other's hands to trampling a young man to death to firing off guns in a crowded toy store. Where is Personal Responsibility for one's own actions?

But I guess it's easier to "blame shift."

F
F
LOL....since when did the word M O R O N S rise to the level of "auto censored????"

Maybe I should have said they were I D I O T S who won't trouble society anymore?

M
M
Just try describing a panhead phillips screw

F
F
Originally Posted by Mark1952
Just try describing a panhead phillips screw

rotflmao

D
D

GREAT post!!

Charlotte

M
medc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine

GREAT post!!

Charlotte

gee...why am I not surprised?

D
D
Originally Posted by medc
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine

GREAT post!!

Charlotte

gee...why am I not surprised?

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

C
C
GREAT post!!

I have to agree Charlotte.

I thought it was square on the money and ba109's OPINION about the heinous incident.

I think that WalMart bears an enormous amount of responsibility in this.

Stampede is a funny thing. It become impossible to escape it when you are trapped in the middle. You can be minding your own business, one or two people give a shove, and it's all over. Like dominoes, there is no stopping it.

Why set it up to begin with? What is the purpose of those big draws except to make even more money to line the pockets of the Walmart heirs???

Just a clear indicator that Christmas has become waaaaaaay too commericalized.

And...nope, I do not...and have NEVER gone shopping like that..there is no purpose for me. I don't like the unpredictable crowds. Plus, the Walmart heirs have enough money (all at the expense of their employees and venders).

JMHO

committed

F
F
Originally Posted by committedandlovi
GREAT post!!

I thought it was square on the money and ba109's OPINION about the heinous incident.

Stampede is a funny thing. It become impossible to escape it when you are trapped in the middle. You can be minding your own business, one or two people give a shove, and it's all over. Like dominoes, there is no stopping it.

Why set it up to begin with? What is the purpose of those big draws except to make even more money to line the pockets of the Walmart heirs???

And...nope, I do not...and have NEVER gone shopping like that..there is no purpose for me. I don't like the unpredictable crowds. Plus, the Walmart heirs have enough money (all at the expense of their employees and venders).

JMHO

committed

Yep, no doubt about it, people behaving like animals is the fault of someone else.

Why not just give the stuff away like the stores do whenever the "good folks" decide to go on a looting rampage.

If the businesses didn't make the products available, there would be no reason for looting, stampeding, or greedy mob actions.

I wonder how many WalMart stores across the country DIDN'T have a problem with "their" mobs of people gratefully seeking to spend less of their hard earned money?

Naaa...it's NEVER the fault of the individual. It's always someone else's fault for their "bad behavior."

M
medc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by ForeverHers
Originally Posted by committedandlovi
GREAT post!!

JMHO

committed

Yep, no doubt about it, people behaving like animals is the fault of someone else.

Why not just give the stuff away like the stores do whenever the "good folks" decide to go on a looting rampage.

If the businesses didn't make the products available, there would be no reason for looting, stampeding, or greedy mob actions.

I wonder how many WalMart stores across the country DIDN'T have a problem with "their" mobs of people gratefully seeking to spend less of their hard earned money?

Naaa...it's NEVER the fault of the individual. It's always someone else's fault for their "bad behavior."

egg zak lee

and the ONLY ones that committed a CRIME here are the idiot customers. While Walmart could be held civilly responsible for a failure to plan properly...they are guilty of no crime.

Not a surprise though in today's world to see some types trying to blame a company for the shortcomings and criminal actions of others. Heck...that is America today!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation